Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashhty13

Andrew Bogut 2013-2014 Season Outlook

108 posts in this topic

Rotoworld's latest update quotes mark jackson that he will no have limitations and that he has been terrific and can even do things he wan't able to do in a long time. As the starting center and it looks like he's healthy, how do you think he'll do and what will his number look like?

9.5/10.5/1.9 blocks/50% ft

his ft is enough to scare me away. i won't be drafting him unless i decide to completely punt ft (teams are doing hack-a-bogut now)

He's worth a gamble in the 100s imo. If he can play 65 games, then sign me up for 15/10 2 BPG upside. It being a contract year entices me even more, although Bogut can't seem to stay healthy. Hopefully, the recent top 5 Center discussion gets him fired up since he believes he's deserves top 3 C consideration.

He is always healthy until he isn't.

I wouldn't move him up my pre-draft ranking based on him being healthy before the pre-season starts and after a full off-season of rehab.

He's lost a bunch of weight this offseason and is agile again. He stopped a 4-1 Lakers fastbreak by himself by just standing under the basket and forcing Js, and grabbing boards.

I'll gladly take the risk in the later rounds if I'm getting 10/10 and 2 blocks a game.

bogut looks good in the preseason and here's hoping here healthy this coming season. 30 mins+ looks good too

He hasn't played 70 games since 07/08. He is an elite defensive presence but I feel like he won't get the counting stats he deserves for as effective as he is. He is a career playoff 35.5% FT shooter and his offense has gotten worse every year since he was drafted. He also turns the ball over more than you would expect, though he will get you 2-3 assts/. Might be fun to pair with Dwight/Thaddeus Young if you are punting on FT% anyways.

If you can pick this guy up late rounds, I think he's a steal. I can see a line like 11/10/3 with 2.5 blocks. He looks healthy now too and IMO i think you can get 70-75 games out of him.

He hasn't played 70 games since 07/08. He is an elite defensive presence but I feel like he won't get the counting stats he deserves for as effective as he is. He is a career playoff 35.5% FT shooter and his offense has gotten worse every year since he was drafted. He also turns the ball over more than you would expect, though he will get you 2-3 assts/. Might be fun to pair with Dwight/Thaddeus Young if you are punting on FT% anyways.

hes reportedly in the best shape he's been in a while

and he doesnt shoot enough free throws to have u punting ft%

For where Bogut is getting picked in yahoo (100+), he is a steal. The centers ranked around that number are pretty sorry, Gortat, Lopez ect. He is totally worth the gamble to me since it is such a low draft pick. I agree that he will never shoot enough FT for his percentage to tank your team.

wish he could bump his fg% a bit, close to 50 is good

I honestly think the drop in FG poercentage has more to do with him fighting injuries than anything. No reason for him to shoot 45 percent when 90 percent of his shots will come within 8 feet of the hoop.

wish he could bump his fg% a bit, close to 50 is good

He's be higher than 50% for sure with GSW. He'll get so many easy points down low with all their 3 point shooters. Most of his points will come from the paint.

There you go. Season haven't started yet and he's injured AGAIN. Risky pick even if he declares himself a billion percent healthy.

I ended up having to take him pretty late in a 12 team keeper points league. Huge risk for decent reward. Since I was a new captain, my 2 keepers were relatively weak (Kemba, Jonas). This team needs Bogut to pile up the double doubles or I'll be sub .500.

imo, this 3/36 extension is great news for Bogut owners who spent $2-5 on him at the end of your auction because it suggests he's past the ankle problems. nothing is for sure, but it's a good clue.

for the record, I spent $3.

**always account for Bogut's sneaky assists when determining his value

I really don't want anything to do with him if I can help it. He just seems like a liability.

I really don't want anything to do with him if I can help it. He just seems like a liability.

He's not for everyone, that's for sure. However, the Warriors extended Curry for 4/44 when the entire fantasy world was worried about those ankles. They are willing to roll again. So am I.

Not fantasy related, but this deal is another case of owners showering players with money despite their claims of huge loses during the lockout. How could you give someone who can't play half a season 3 years for 44 (?) million?? At least let him play this season out and see if he can stay healthy.

Favors got a 4 year 48m deal. I guess the warriores feel Bogut is better than Favors.