Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slider

Where You a Champion in....

37 posts in this topic

I have been playing fantasy football for a while. Yahoo has recorded my rankings since 2009. In 2010, I finished the season 2nd out of 12 teams. In 2011, I finished 3rd out of 10 teams. And, last year I finished 1st out of 12 teams. My championship team had Romo as QB1, Adrian Peterson as my RB1, and Calvin Johnson as my WR1. If you have had a championship winning team, who were your starters?

I've been playing leagues since 2001. This was my championship team in 2003 via yahoo. RIP steve mcnair.

Player

Shaun Alexander

Jerome Bettis

Cris Carter

Cam Cleeland

Jeff Garcia

Darrell Jackson

Willie Jackson

Steve McNair

Jerry Rice

Riemersma

Peter Warrick

Ricky Williams 0 0 0 1245 6 David Akers 1 9 7 7 2 37 Joe Nedney 0 6 5 8 1 34

Fantasy

Tackles

Turnovers

TD

Misc

Player

Fan Pts

Pts Allow

Sack

Safe

Int

Fum Rec

TD

Blk Kick Oakland 315 41.0 0 17 7 3 3

Its funny to see the draft in 2001!!

Round 1 1. Marshall Faulk(StL - RB) Fanta Orange 82 2. Kurt Warner(Ari - QB) Privateers 3. Jeff Garcia(Hou - QB) broncs 4. Peyton Manning(Den - QB) hardyz 5. Daunte Culpepper(Det - QB) Death Squad 6. Rich Gannon(Oak - QB) CT Crushers 7. Brian Griese(TB - QB) Firewood 8. Edgerrin James(Sea - RB) Bud Wiser 9. Trent Green(StL - QB) Carolinaz B ... 10. Elvis Grbac(Bal - QB) Beadis United

Last year championship team - first year playing

Russel Wilson

Adrian Peterson

Matt Forte

Bernard Pierce

Dez Bryant

Victor Cruz

Greg Olsen

some kicker

some defense

1 person likes this

First year 2001, many champions over the years, none compare to 2007.

Starters:

Tom Brady

Brian Westbrook

Clinton Portis

Randy Moss

Andre Johnson

Wes Welker

Jason Witten

Vinatieri

Pittsburgh

Bench:

Drew Brees

Jamal Lewis

Marshawn Lynch

Greg Jennings

Laveranues Coles

Bobby Engram

13-0, swept the playoffs.

3 people like this

Favorite Championship roster:

1. QB - David Garrard, Byron Leftwich (IR - Tony Romo)

2. RB1 LeGarrette Blount

3. RB2 Jonathan Stewart

4. Flex Danny Woodhead

5. WR1 Dwayne Bowe

6. WR2 Big Mike Williams (Sea)

7. WR3 Devin Aromashodu

No business being in title game, and won handily. Clown year.

Pointless thread is pointless

Pointless post is pointless.

We want to talk fantasy football.

Starters:

Tom Brady

Brian Westbrook

Clinton Portis

Randy Moss

Andre Johnson

Wes Welker

Jason Witten

Vinatieri

Pittsburgh

Bench:

Drew Brees

Jamal Lewis

Marshawn Lynch

Greg Jennings

Laveranues Coles

Bobby Engram

DAMN that's a sick team. Did you know Randy Moss was going to be good that year or were you one of the guys who got lucky drafting him and happened to have Brady as well?

Starters:

Tom Brady

Brian Westbrook

Clinton Portis

Randy Moss

Andre Johnson

Wes Welker

Jason Witten

Vinatieri

Pittsburgh

Bench:

Drew Brees

Jamal Lewis

Marshawn Lynch

Greg Jennings

Laveranues Coles

Bobby Engram

DAMN that's a sick team. Did you know Randy Moss was going to be good that year or were you one of the guys who got lucky drafting him and happened to have Brady as well?

Nobody knew he'd be that good, otherwise he would have gone 2nd overall behind Brady. I think I got him in the 4th or 5th round, wasn't really expecting much since he didn't play in the preseason that year.

Posts in main forum are for general purposes, not CSB and rosterbating over past seasons that has no use for this season. There's an end of the season thread for champions. Thank you very much.

1 person likes this

QB: Favre, Eli

RB: Charles, Brandon Jacobs, MJD, Ray Rice

WR: Marshall, Collie, Meachem, Roy Williams

TE: Vernon Davis, Kellen Winslow

K: David Akers

DEF: Baltimore, Denver

this was my fantasy team in 2009 that won the championship. i was 8-4-1 for the season (started league late). from what i remember this was the year charles and rice broke out and i happened to land both from free agency. 12 team league too.

2011-PPR Champion

Romo

Rice

M. Bush

Julio

H. Nicks

Welker

Gronk

DST

K

Bench: Flacco, B. Tate, A. Brown, D. Moore, F. Jones

Posts in main forum are for general purposes, not CSB and rosterbating over past seasons that has no use for this season. There's an end of the season thread for champions. Thank you very much.

I would consider a discussion of roster strategies over the years, and how they've changed, pertinent to fantasy football in any year, and was hoping to see this thread go down that road. Certainly has the opportunity to with this seed planted:

Lol most of those 1st round picks were QBs. Now QBs never go in the first round and usually not even in the second.

2010 was a clown year for instance, with winning teams largely being waiver wire supplemented. How often does that happen? Has the draft gained or lost importance since 01?

You don't want it here, fine, but it's not as if threads like this haven't been in the main forum before, as evidenced by a quick perusing of threads over the years.

I started out in 2009 myself. I didn't follow the NFL past being a casual fan before that. Then a co-worker asked if I wanted to join a league and so I tried it out. I guess it's beginner's luck as I won that 12 team standard league. It was the 1st time I found out about RBBCs (I picked Ray Rice up after someone dropped in week 4 and then I got introduced to McGahee when I saw him vulture TDs from Rice....). Now I find myself looking through player news and updates while at work.

2009 final roster:

QB: Schaub

WR: Boldin, Meachem, Steve Smith (both CAR and NYG)

RB: Ray Rice, MJD, Beanie Wells

TE: Antonio Gates

Def: Streaming

Kicker: Streaming

I didn't win another championship until last year. I won with 2 teams, but I like the roster on this team:

QB: Romo (some people still can't believe I won with this QB, but I wasn't relying on him to carry my team)

RB: Alfred Morris (put in a sizeable FAAB bid after week 2. Took a gamble and it paid off in this case), Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, Joique Bell

WR: Brandon Marshall, Danario Alexander, Jordy Nelson, Stevie Johnson, Jason Avant

TE: Greg Olsen

Def: Patriots (I picked them up week 6 and stuck with them)

K: Matt Bryant

I won in '83.

Jerry Rice carried my team, but also had Willie Gault & a strong but underrated backfield with William Andrews & James Wilder. QB was Steve Bartkowski who was solid because we didn't have negative for INTs. I won a game on his Hail Mary to Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. Epic. My buddy was ticked!

1 person likes this

Similarities I am noticing include Tony Romo and Adrian Peterson. Apologize for the typo in the title.

I won about 30 in yahoo. got a rating of 85% with a 100 teams. doesn't mean much. I want the money and to play with people who are good.

I have won a lot and lost a little. Probably going to win a lot and lose a little again this year, unless someone hacks my account.

This appears to be a thread mostly for gloating. I don't know that we are going to gather much from this other than that it takes at least decent in-season management to win, you need to a get a little lucky (or not get unlucky) at times, and your playoff team will look very disimilar to the team you drafted. Every year I compare my playoff team and I wonder why I spend so much time during my pre-draft preparation.

Polk High All-City, baby!!