Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philzilla

2013-14 Keeper League Central

34 posts in this topic

My favorite leagues are my keeper leagues. I play in two separate Auction draft 12 man keeper leagues. The way we play it is you get to keep each player for $7 more than he was drafted or kept for the previous season. So to draft guys like Paul George 2 years ago for $5, Harden for $30, Drummond for $1, or Eric Bledsoe for nothing (waiver) last year is paying off nicely this year. I love seeing sleeper posts because of this. Who are some of the players you are targeting as "Paul George" type picks who can go for small dollars this year?

• Harkless (See Tobias Harris 2013-14 Season Outlook)
  • MCW (Really like the idea of getting the bastard child of Russell Westbrook and Ricky Rubio on my team)
  • Enes Kanter (You always want a Turkish big man on your team).
  • Luigi Datome (As a January WW pickup after they blow up the failed Drummond/Monroe duo)
  • Mark Morris (After he eats his brother and steals his powers, and seriously Frye is not part of the future of this team, he's more mascot material at this point),
  • Lamar Odom

Let me know if there is someone you're looking at.

I know most here don't do keeper leagues but I thought this might be a helpful discussion for those who do.

For some, like myself, injuries buried their team and it is time to plan for next year. Others may just have a roster spot to use for a stash.

So who are some waiver wire players --whether they are a free agent at the end of the season, there is a vet holding them back who is a free agent, or they just have a ton of potential--that have promise for next year and might be a candidate for a potential low-end keeper? For example, a Taj Gibson or last year, Eric Bledsoe?

Nerlens Noel?

I picked him up to leave on my IR slot for next year (you keep in the round they were drafted, so for me he can be a 15th rounder next year). Worth it if you're doing okay, I think.

Obvious first answer is Alphabet.

depends on the situation with the bucks coach and rotation. but i still think it's too early, i expect him to produce in 2016.

Mod,

I understand creating a keeper league thread....any way you can change the main post, though? Not many are going to respond in January to a post from September specifically asking about auction draft bargains

1 person likes this

Obvious first answer is Alphabet.

depends on the situation with the bucks coach and rotation. but i still think it's too early, i expect him to produce in 2016.

For keeper leagues, you stash now or you won't get that opportunity later. That is, unless you play in a vegetable league.

Standard League

Giannis

Ben McLemore

Harrison Barnes

Tony Wroten

Nerlens Noel

Enes Kanter (I still believe!)

Steven Adams

Jeremy Lamb

Dion Waiters

Deep Leagues

Dennis Schroeder

Bismack Biyombo

Tim Hardaway, Jr.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

CJ McCollum

Alex Len

Rudy Gobert

Archie Goodwin

Quincy Miller

Perry Jones III

Ricky Ledo

Jordan Hamilton (If he ever gets the PT)

International Stashes

Nikola Mirotic

I am in a keeper league exactly like the OP except it's $6 more next season. A few guys that would fall under the criteria that could really exceed their cost next year are:

John Henson (Depending on what the bucks do in the offseason; has put up some great numbers when given the chance this year and was probably a wire pick up or a $1 stash for most people)

Trey Burke (Assuming they get a Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Embiid type guy in the draft and you figure Hayward and Favors continue to get better, chances are this guy was less than $10 in a draft, especially with the injury)

Tim Hardaway Jr (If they can unload JR and lose Carmelo to FA, he's the main guy to benefit as a young and impressive player; probably an on again-off again wire guy in most leagues)

Miles Plumlee (Still young; impressive guy who gives boards, blocks, and FG%; looks to be a piece on a young and talented team with two stud guards; Len is still raw and battling injuries; most likely a wire pickup this season)

Iman Shumpert (See Tim Hardaway Jr...more established and can give a bit of everything; would really see a scoring bump if JR and Melo left NYC)

Lance Stephenson (Not much explaination needed; boardline all-star who was brought drafted on the cheap)

1 person likes this

Pretty much the guys in my signature. :wub:

PS: Thinking of picking up Jan Vesely. He's finally been getting some minutes and is making the most of them by playing defense (STL/BLK), being active on the boards (REB) and scoring on cuts and alley oops (FG%). He was always more of a long term project and is finally showing flashes of being a capable NBA player. (Still) Needs to work on his FT shooting and jumpshot though.

He could become the Wiz starting PF next season if he keeps improving on his game.

I disagree on the Biyombo tout, I feel like we've waited long enough and it's not going to happen

Very Deep Leagues (these guys wont have a chance to get minutes for a very long time, but are oh so intriguing)

Tony Mitchell

Allen Crabbe

Gorgui Dieng

Donatas Motiejunas

Nikola Mirotic

Mason Plumlee

Reggie Bullock

Quincy Miller

Ben Mclemore. He's too talented...and I can't see him playing this bad forever.

I just feel that the mixup of the Sacramento Kings just isn't good for his skills.

I just feel that the mixup of the Sacramento Kings just isn't good for his skills.

If Mclemore is available in your keeper league, its time to step into a new league.

If Mclemore is available in your keeper league, its time to step into a new league.

People are mentioning John Henson and Burke..so I just went with the flow of the posts so far.

If we want to go deeper than that, most definitely CJ Mccollum.

People are mentioning John Henson and Burke..so I just went with the flow of the posts so far.

If we want to go deeper than that, most definitely CJ Mccollum.

I love Henson. He is a fantasy beast. Unfortunately, the question is not what he can do--although I am wondering how he and Sanders will operate together, as Henson is much more productive fantasy-wise at the 5.

The question is what will he be allowed to do. What is going through the mind of Larry Drew and what in the world is/will that front office do personnel wise? In some regards, I want Henson to be dealt away from that mess. At the same time, who knows what situation he would move to and if he would have the opportunity to put the numbers that he does in Milwaukee?

I'm holding onto him and Gibson (unless I get a high draft pick offered or find someone else). I'm banking on at least one of the two being worthy of a keeper slot next year but not sure which it will be.

Compiling a list of the best, young (Under 25) fantasy keepers. This list of players should continue to get better and better over the next few years.

Some obvious ones

Kevin Durant

Anthony Davis

Steph Curry

DMC

Kevin Love

Paul George

James Harden

Damian Lillard

John Wall

Serge Ibaka

^ A few out of BBM's top 20.

Add some sneaky, under the radar, future studs!

where is Kyrie on that list???? as well as Blake Griffin

Westbrook is still 25

for dynasty no brainers;

MCW

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Andre Drummond

Bradley Beal

Nerlens Noel

Tobias Harris

Victor Oladipo

Trey Burke

for deep dynasty;

C. J. McCollum

Maurice Harkless

Otto Porter

Steven Adams

Tony Wroten

Archie Goodwin

Alex Len

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Ben McLemore

super deep;

Dennis Schröder

Sergey Karasev

Marquis Teague

Anthony Bennett, nah kidding

The scope of my list may be greater than what you had in mind, but here are some high-potential, albeit unproven, 25-and-under guys who may hold keeper value going forward. Most of these guys won't become "studs," but in reality most never do.

Cream of the Crop

Drummond

Bledsoe

Batum

Rubio

Kyrie

Mainstream Guards

MCW

Giannis

Trey Burke

Victor Oladipo

Bradley Beal

Terrence Ross

Kawhi Leonard

Tim Hardaway, Jr.

Brandon Jennings

Isaiah Thomas

Reggie Jackson

Brandon Knight

Kemba Walker

Klay Thompson

Gordon Hayward

Avery Bradley

Lance Stephenson

Mainstream Bigs

Jonas Valanciunas

Derrick Favors

Nikola Vucevic

John Henson

Jared Sullinger

Terrence Jones

Tobias Harris

Larry Sanders

Deep

Tristan Thompson

Nerlens Noel

Enes Kanter

Steven Adams

Jeremy Lamb

Evan Fournier

Ben McLemore

Harrison Barnes

Dion Waiters

Deeper

Tony Snell

Kelly Olynyk

Tony Wroten

Moe Harkless

CJ McCollum

Shane Larkin

Khris Middleton

Kendall Marshall

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Deepest

Alex Len

Otto Porter

Rudy Gobert

Sergey Karasev

Archie Goodwin

Dennis Schroeder

Pierre Jackson

Quincy Miller

Perry Jones III

Take a Flier

Derrick Williams

Bismack Biyombo

Shabazz Muhammad

Nikola Mirotic

Raulzinho Neto

3 people like this

where is Kyrie on that list???? as well as Blake Griffin

Westbrook is still 25

for dynasty no brainers;

MCW

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Andre Drummond

Bradley Beal

Nerlens Noel

Tobias Harris

Victor Oladipo

Trey Burke

for deep dynasty;

C. J. McCollum

Maurice Harkless

Otto Porter

Steven Adams

Tony Wroten

Archie Goodwin

Alex Len

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Ben McLemore

super deep;

Dennis Schröder

Sergey Karasev

Marquis Teague

Anthony Bennett, nah kidding

Completely Forgot about Griffin and Kyrie. sorry about that!

The scope of my list may be greater than what you had in mind, but here are some high-potential, albeit unproven, 25-and-under guys who may hold keeper value going forward. Most of these guys won't become "studs," but in reality most never do.

Cream of the Crop

Drummond

Bledsoe

Batum

Rubio

Kyrie

Mainstream Guards

MCW

Giannis

Trey Burke

Victor Oladipo

Bradley Beal

Terrence Ross

Kawhi Leonard

Tim Hardaway, Jr.

Brandon Jennings

Isaiah Thomas

Reggie Jackson

Brandon Knight

Kemba Walker

Klay Thompson

Gordon Hayward

Avery Bradley

Lance Stephenson

Mainstream Bigs

Jonas Valanciunas

Derrick Favors

Nikola Vucevic

John Henson

Jared Sullinger

Terrence Jones

Tobias Harris

Larry Sanders

Deep

Tristan Thompson

Nerlens Noel

Enes Kanter

Steven Adams

Jeremy Lamb

Evan Fournier

Ben McLemore

Harrison Barnes

Dion Waiters

Deeper

Tony Snell

Kelly Olynyk

Tony Wroten

Moe Harkless

CJ McCollum

Shane Larkin

Khris Middleton

Kendall Marshall

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Deepest

Alex Len

Otto Porter

Rudy Gobert

Sergey Karasev

Archie Goodwin

Dennis Schroeder

Pierre Jackson

Quincy Miller

Perry Jones III

Take a Flier

Derrick Williams

Bismack Biyombo

Shabazz Muhammad

Nikola Mirotic

Raulzinho Neto

Fantastic List!

I'd add Demar DeRozan to the list too. He's 24 I believe and has shown pretty much steady improvement since his rookie year to the point where he now seems to be about a top-50 player.

Nice list HeyBlinkin! I wonder if you are under estimating Derrick Williams though? I would have him somewhere between mainstream bigs and deep but it would depend a lot on whether he can find the right situation.

Gotta put Ryan Kelly on the list. I dream of his box scores every night. I call him "Machine Gun" Kelly because I imagine how much he's going to spooge on me every night. Like a machine gun.

(I'm parodying another poster on these boards right here...)

1 person likes this