Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kgizzle

What players would you love to land in the 1st 2 rounds

28 posts in this topic

I been doing a lot of mocks and have been landing Curry and Wall with my 1st 2 picks and those are the guys I'm targeting if possible. If you could realistically land any 2 players in the 1st 2 round that would excite you, who would they be?

10 team yahoo league second pick -->First, - Lebron, 2nd - Batum, 3rd- Dirk, 4th -Kobe, 5th Dwight (?)

Ownage...

16 team, 14 player h2h points keeper league. Picked 12th. Love fell to me, picked up Davis around the turn at 21. Love falling, especially in a points league. Couldn't ask for anything better than that. That was certainly ideal.

I'd love to build around Harden and Horford. I love Curry as well after what he did for me last year but I still worry about the ankle.

Depending on what pick I am assigned, but assuming I'm in the middle of a 10 league draft I would go for Irving and a big man (Gasol, Aldrige, Horford, and maybe even Davis)

I play in a standard scoring league where % doesn't count, so my opinion wont really matter but, I def would go with Curry/Cousins, that'd be sick.

I got steph and wall on the 1st 2 rounds as wall is nicely paired with steph to compensate wall's lack of range, then went on to reach for players who I think will have a break out season.

I play in a standard scoring league where % doesn't count, so my opinion wont really matter but, I def would go with Curry/Cousins, that'd be sick.

One of Curry's biggest strengths is his shooting percentages, he shoots over 46% for his career even though a large share of his shots are 3pters not to mention he also shoots 90% from the line.

In a league that discounts percentages, I think that would hurt Curry's value.

Obiously almost anyone can be paired with LBJ/KD.. The tough question would be, who would you pick if you were in the tail end of a snake draft..

Wall/Davis = would be a reach but high upside

AlJeff/Batum = solid all around / proven

Melo/Marc = great complement to one another

Just my 2cents. :)

Wall/Davis would definitely not be a reach at the 2/3 turn...all those players you mentioned should be long gone by those picks

some good pairings for different strategies...

Gasol/Batum...then PG 3rd round

George/Batum...stack stat stuffing wings and build from there

Rose/Melo...gives you points, then you fill stls/blks later (Sanders/Millsap 3rd round)

Howard/Love, Howard/Anyone

Is it a good strat for your 1st 2 picks to have the same position eligibility? Batum/George seems nice since wingmen are the most shallow position this year but it might be hard to pull off in 14team leagues.

Would you go though for players like Batume/George because the league is shallow in those positions even if there are better players available to choose from? Thats my only concern, whether i target the best available players on the draft and then try and trade them, or target players which i know that in their position the rest of the players available are bad? a bit confusing my question lol..

Whatever the case, I would go for Wall and Al Jefferson i think

Curry/ Horford

Jefferson/ Wade

Love/ A Davis

Paul/ Ibaka

I get that davis defensive stats compensates Love's lack of those

Buthow bout the others, why is jefferson/wade or paul/ibaka or curry/horford a great pair?

Just curious.

jefferson/wade = both 1steal 1 block avg + high FG%/ average FT%

Paul/Ibaka = to dominate steals/blocks, while setting a basis for rebounds/assists (although would lack scoring)

Curry/Horford = i don't even know, all i know is horford is a pretty damn good center and Curry is a beast

Curry/ Horford

Jefferson/ Wade

Love/ A Davis

Paul/ Ibaka

I get that davis defensive stats compensates Love's lack of those

Buthow bout the others, why is jefferson/wade or paul/ibaka or curry/horford a great pair?

Just curious.

Paul/Ibaka and Curry/Horford are great pairs because both Ibaka/Horford should go late 1st/early 2nd yet slip to the back end of the 2nd making them great value picks