Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

Biggest Steals and Busts of all time

121 posts in this topic

We all have made those mistakes in drafts where we sit there after a rough week and say... shoulda drafted this guy or that guy. Then after a player continually loses you games.... that is when you consider them a full bust.

Some of my busts... in dynasty league... was way back in 2011 in a rookie draft. I drafted Mark ingram with the 1st overall pick. Ahead of A.J. Green and Julio Jones and Cam Newton. Yeah... that one hurt. Mark Ingram was cut from my team in 2012 because he was taking up too much salary and I had Sproles.Even though I had Dez,V-jax,gordon,Hartline,Kendall Wright, and Denarius Moore... Julio or Green woulda helped, big time. I also drafted Michael Turner this year in may... dumb move.

Some of my steals were Josh Gordon... I am a browns fan and I got him weeks before the supplemental draft even took place and Randall Cobb who I got in the 2nd round in a rookie draft.

Please feel free to share your Bone-headed bust mistakes as well as your steals you want to brag about to us all.

i like this thread. I've been there :P

started FFL on my own in 2011. in 2011, i bought into the hype of mario manningham round5.5, ppr.

Any 2013 mentions is asking for a jinx, better knock on wood

Jimmy is no mere mortal capable of being jinxed

In all seriousness the worst pick I can remember was Jamal Lewis mid first round. Don't remember what year but he fell completely off a cliff never to be heard from again

OP said "way back in 2011." Heh.

I took Marion Barber III in the 1st round. Don't remember year. He was coming off double digit TDs as a part time guy and was supposed to be the horse.

Ryan Mathews in the 3rd in 2012. Not learning from my mistakes and being a masochist, I took him in the 5th round of 2013. Suffice it to say I hate him with all of my heart. (Happy ending: I traded him away this year - great success!)

1 person likes this

Bust... Chris Johnson #1 overall pick in 2011 or whatever year it was that he sucked big time coming off his huge year

Steals... RG3 Round 10, Tony Gonzalez Round 9 last year

Alfred Morris in the last round of nearly all my drafts last year. Huge steal.

Ditto on Gronk his breakout year. Oh and Lynch in 2011 was huge vs his ADP, really broke out. As did F-Jax.

Busts? Chris Johnson in '11 sticks out still. Peyton Hillis the year he was on the cover of Madden.

How was AP going in the 4-5 rounds of drafts last year. He went in the second round every one of mine.

1 person likes this

How was AP going in the 4-5 rounds of drafts last year. He went in the second round every one of mine.

Those 4 person leagues must be more popular than we think. :lol:

AP went round 1 in every draft I did last year. There was always at least one GM that believed in him. Round 5 is too sick to even fathom as a possibility.

AP went round 1 in every draft I did last year. There was always at least one GM that believed in him. Round 5 is too sick to even fathom as a possibility.

yes late round 1 or somewhere in the second round.. round 5? that's bananas

2011 - LeSean McCoy 3rd round

4 person league?

14 person league

So assuming there are 13 terrible players in your league, the question still remains: How on earth did you pass him up in the 2nd round?