Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parrothead

2014 Free Agency Discussion

12 posts in this topic

Hunter Pence appears to have resigned with the Giants, 5 for 90. Seems to be about what he would of gotten on open market. SF might have to overpay a bit (any CA team for that matter) because of cost of living and taxes, state taxes for wealthy are like 13% thats almost $11 Million right there he wouldnt of had to pay if he had signed in a 0% state tax location like Texas.

Cost of living also ridiculously high in Bay Area. People would be blown away at prices there.

Fantasy Impact doesnt seem to be much of anything, he had one of his best years in whats perceived as a non hitters park, though for right handed pull hitters its not as bad as for lefties or righties who drive the ball the other way.

Notable Free Agents:

Bronson Arroyo

Jesse Crain

Roy Halladay

Dan Haren

Nate McLouth

Ervin Santana

Jhonny Peralta

Scott Kazmir

Raul Ibanez

Bartolo Colon

Colby Lewis

Corey Hart

Kuroda

Morse

Tim Hudson

Nelson Cruz

Lincecum

Ubaldo Jimenez

Mike Napoli

Robinson Cano

James Loney

Youkilis

Chase Utley

Infante

Michael Young

Brian McCann

AJ Pierzinski

Geovany Soto

Shin Soo Choo

Ellsbury

AJ Burnett

Maholm

Garza

Jason Vargas

Zito

Some of these got options

1 person likes this

You can scratch Utley off that list:

8/8/2013: Signed a two-year, $27 million contract extension with $15 million vesting options for 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Well, I think we can scratch the Mets out of the Choo sweepstakes. If Pence is getting 5/90 they won't come close. From a fantasy perspective that's probably good because we've seen how good he can be atop a quality lineup which the Mets are not.

Notable Free Agents:

Bronson Arroyo

Jesse Crain

Roy Halladay

Dan Haren

Nate McLouth

Ervin Santana

Jhonny Peralta

Scott Kazmir

Raul Ibanez

Bartolo Colon

Colby Lewis

Corey Hart

Kuroda

Morse

Tim Hudson

Nelson Cruz

Lincecum

Ubaldo Jimenez

Mike Napoli

Robinson Cano

James Loney

Youkilis

Chase Utley

Infante

Michael Young

Brian McCann

AJ Pierzinski

Geovany Soto

Shin Soo Choo

Ellsbury

AJ Burnett

Maholm

Garza

Jason Vargas

Zito

Some of these got options

Two interesting pitchers I dont see on here, might of missed em, but type of guys right team, right park I think could get some value with are Josh Johnson and Phil Hughes, get these guys into some spacious park West coast like ATT, Petco, Safeco, Oakland I think they might be worth a gamble.

I agree on Johnson. I feel if he goes to SD or some place in the NL with a good pitching coach, he could turn it around.

Do you guys think Braves keep McCann? He had a decent year. Gattis has a good bat, but really not that good of a defensive catcher.

Not a complete List. Sort of a rough draft. But I organized them by position and speculated what teams "need" at each position. Matter of opinion though.

Catchers: Yankees, Braves, Red Sox, Rangers, Rays, Phillies, Blue Jays?(may be sick JPA)

Brain McCain

Salty

Carlos Ruiz

A J Pierzyski

John Buck

G. Soto

D. Navarro

1st Base Red Sox, Blue Jays,Rays, Twins? White Sox, Brewers?, Pirates

Mike Napoli

Cory Hart

Justin Morneau

Adam Lind*

Paul Konerko

Kendrys Morales

Jeff Baker

James Loney

Micheal Young

Mark Reynolds

Lyle Overbay

2nd Base Yankees, Orioles? (Might stick with Internal options), Tigers, A's?, Cubs?, Dodgers, Rockies?

Robinson Cano

Omar Infante

Brain Roberts

Mark Ellis*

Kelly Johnson (of)

Nick Punto (3b)

Alexi Cassila*

Jamey Carrol (3b)

Shortstop Tigers, Mets, Cardinals, Pirates,

Jhonny Peralta

Stephen Drew

Brendan Ryan

Wille Bloomquist

Third Base Yankees? Dodgers, Marlins

Juan Urbie

Eric Chavez

Wilson Betemit

Kevin Youkills (1b)

P. Polanco

Mark Derosa (2b)*

Outfield Red Sox, Yankees,Orioles,Royals,Twins,Rangers, A's, Astros?,M's,Phillies, Mets, Cubs?,Reds? Dbacks?

Jacoby Ellsbury

Shin-Soo Choo

Coco Crisp*

Marlon Byrd

Carlos Beltran

Nate McLouth

Nelson Cruz

David Dejesus*

Curtis Granderson

Raji Davis

Chris Young

Andres Torres

Franklin Gutierrez*

Raul Ibanez

David Murphy

Michael Morse

Jason Kubal*

DH

Travis Hafner

Luke Scott

Lance Berkman

* Option

Hunter Pence appears to have resigned with the Giants, 5 for 90. Seems to be about what he would of gotten on open market. SF might have to overpay a bit (any CA team for that matter) because of cost of living and taxes, state taxes for wealthy are like 13% thats almost $11 Million right there he wouldnt of had to pay if he had signed in a 0% state tax location like Texas.

Cost of living also ridiculously high in Bay Area. People would be blown away at prices there.

Fantasy Impact doesnt seem to be much of anything, he had one of his best years in whats perceived as a non hitters park, though for right handed pull hitters its not as bad as for lefties or righties who drive the ball the other way.

But boy is life great! :lol:

Hoping the indians can get a big bat for the corner outfield. Nelson Cruz would be so good. Also another pitcher. I also cant believe im saying this but, hopefully they resign Ubaldo hes been finding his grove as of late. If they do it better be for a reasonable price.

I expect the Phillies will retain Ruiz for a couple more seasons as they prepare Tommy Joseph. Sebastien Valle could have some sort of role, but I don't think they're ready to turn over the keys to a rookie, and Ruiz is still pretty popular around here, even after the suspension.

Everything I've seen about 2B in Baltimore suggests Jon Schoop gets first crack. I could see them signing a vet to provide some cover against tougher RHP.

Hoping the indians can get a big bat for the corner outfield. Nelson Cruz would be so good. Also another pitcher. I also cant believe im saying this but, hopefully they resign Ubaldo hes been finding his grove as of late. If they do it better be for a reasonable price.

HAHAHAHAH Nelson Cruz is Crap! How could u say he would be so good HAHAH. Bad Defense bad attitude, swings at evrerything, he's not a baseball player.

HAHAHAHAH Nelson Cruz is Crap! How could u say he would be so good HAHAH. Bad Defense bad attitude, swings at evrerything, he's not a baseball player.

Out of Texas, off the juice and not stealing much any more. Not going to be close to the fantasy player he was prior to this year. Really just had a couple of pretty good years (for an AL ony league)