Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantasymaestro

How to choose kickers? Just looking for advice 1000% WHIR

13 posts in this topic

This is my second year playing fantasy. This year I decided to stream defenses and have done well so far. Defense is easy, but I don't get kickers. I have had Justin Tucker on my team for the past two years and have liked him, but there are still kickers scoring more on the WW. What is the formula for picking kickers? Do you want ones on good teams that will have possession a lot or bad teams that get stuffed alot? Do you want blowouts or close games?

I look for kickers that play for a good offense, typically not the top 3 offenses but next tier down. You want stalled drives in FG range. Also in my format we get more points for 40+ and even more for 50+ Yarders so I want a kicker with some proven distance ability. Bailey of Dallas has been doing everything I hoped for. Gostkowski would another example of what I am talking about.

1 person likes this

Thanks Goldpants. Tucker is kind of in a tier 3 offense but it isn't bad and he has a good leg, so I feel pretty good about him.

I choose kickers on a weekly basis... I use this website to select kickers on a weekly basis, going by who is available and what these analysts have to say. Last week, I had Mason Crosby, who got 16 pts. I won last week, 101.65 to 100.50, so yeah, the website definitely helped me out.

http://fantasyteamadvice.com/week-4-kicker-k-rankings-analysis-fantasy-football-2013/

I choose kickers on a weekly basis... I use this website to select kickers on a weekly basis, going by who is available and what these analysts have to say. Last week, I had Mason Crosby, who got 16 pts. I won last week, 101.65 to 100.50, so yeah, the website definitely helped me out.

http://fantasyteamadvice.com/week-4-kicker-k-rankings-analysis-fantasy-football-2013/

I'm sorry but streaming kickers is a total crapshoot.

TFW I drop Justin Tucker and pick up Gostokowski in my 12 team fantasy. Tucker did do well this week and I'm a huge fan, but just gravitating towards stephen for some reason

Same strategy I use for all offense players - pick one that moves the ball. I have the DEN and PHI kicker in my leagues.