Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Mookie Betts - 2B BOS

Between class A and Advanced A ball Mookie Betts put up some pretty impressive numbers for a virtually unknown 20 year old.

Over 127 games his slash lines were: .314 / .417 / .506 / .923

Over 462 ABs Mookie hit 36 doubles, 4 triples, and 15 HRs. Couple that with his excellent plate discipline (81 BBs to only 57 Ks!!) and you have a recipe for what could become a very special ball player.

The main draw back with Betts is no need to rush him onto the scene with Pedroia. But who knows what will happen as he is looking like he is just around the corner from being MLB ready.

Nice tout. Definitely one of Boston's most tradeable assets. Pedroia isn't going anywhere, obviously. I'm guessing Betts will be part of a package deal to get someone like Stanton.

Nice tout. Definitely one of Boston's most tradeable assets. Pedroia isn't going anywhere, obviously. I'm guessing Betts will be part of a package deal to get someone like Stanton.

completely agree with this. Betts is for real, and can certainly play....but he has nowhere to do that in Fenway - for a very long time. I've said it before (as you have as well here) I think the Sox package Betts and Lester as pieces for a larger one.

Altuve is 5'5". 2B seems to be the spot for shorties.

Hoping Betts is traded sooner than later. He could be very close to if not MLB ready next year.

wow - he's not in the cbs systen. That's like first player i've seen not in there.

The last 3 posts I posted were all unlisted in The CBS player database.

wow - he's not in the cbs systen. That's like first player i've seen not in there.

Really, Who? I don't believe it. Cbs lists almost everyone as long as they sign. So this would leave out Tanaka, Jose Abreu.. etc

Really, Who? I don't believe it. Cbs lists almost everyone as long as they sign. So this would leave out Tanaka, Jose Abreu.. etc

Serevino Gonzalez SP PHI, Adalberto Mejia SP SF

Playing in The AFL. So far he's hitting .333 and has 2 SBs over 3 games.

He's one player I'm watching intently. I know he'll never be at Fenway (for an extended time), but curious to see how they showcase him as a trade piece.

Full name Markus Lynn Betts? If so hes listed at ss ...

ESPN has him as a SS and few other sites - IF he is a 2b hes blocked by pedroia anyways there for trade bait so it might be smart for him to switch to another position

ESPN has him as a SS and few other sites - IF he is a 2b hes blocked by pedroia anyways there for trade bait so it might be smart for him to switch to another position

Obviously, if he wants to play for the Red Sox that would be necessary. But easier said than done. My guess is he gets traded.

Full name Markus Lynn Betts? If so hes listed at ss ...

That's him.

But he's not a SS, nor will he be.

CBS does not have him listed. No Betts at all.

Player search turns up nada in my ESPN keeper league, probably will be added prior to next season starting, at least I hope they add him. 2b is going to become pretty deep real soon, Betts, Guerrero, Wong, Alcantara, De Shields, Odor, Lindsey to go along with the current 2b available, looking bright.

I know ESPN has him listed as a SS. But he's never going to play there, even if he is blocked by Pedey. His zero games at SS this year are a testament to that.

And I've said it forever, Betts is trade bait. Period. I hope he does well, but I HIGHLY doubt it will ever be with the Sox.

And I've said it forever, Betts is trade bait. Period. I hope he does well, but I HIGHLY doubt it will ever be with the Sox.

Agreed. Barring an injury to Pedroia he won't sniff 2B with the Sox, hopefully he gets moved in a deal. Red Sox having been talking Middlebrooks to the Marlins. Maybe a package of Middlebrooks, Owens, Betts and another prospect could land Stanton.

Agreed. Barring an injury to Pedroia he won't sniff 2B with the Sox, hopefully he gets moved in a deal. Red Sox having been talking Middlebrooks to the Marlins. Maybe a package of Middlebrooks, Owens, Betts and another prospect could land Stanton.

Sure Betts is likely to end up being traded.

But that doesn't mean he couldn't come up and play some OF or spell Pedroia at 2B. Betts is showing a lot of signs that he could very well be MLB ready next season.

His game looks extremely "translate-able" with the insane BB/K ratio as well as K%, BB%, XBH%, and of course the blazing speed.

I could see Betts coming up next June / July as a 2B/OF who plays 3 - 5 times a week when there's a favorable matchup for him or a very unfavorable matchup for someone else (Papi or Nava vs a power lefty).

An aging team coming off of a World Series win could really benefit from a talented and youthful boost. Realistically a situation like that could greatly benefit both Mookie and The Red Sox.

I like the way you're thinking here, and it could well be what they're thinking. They'd have to throw in another premium arm to make it happen, though.

I like the way you're thinking here, and it could well be what they're thinking. They'd have to throw in another premium arm to make it happen, though.

I am one of the biggest Stanton fans out there and if Middlebrooks, Ownens, and Betts doesn't net Stanton than Stanton isn't worth trading for. I honestly see The Red Sox on the over paying side of a trade like that. But that's how you get young super stars. Now had Stanton produced the first round fantasy year people were hoping for this could be a different story but after the regression he had last year it makes you think.

I am one of the biggest Stanton fans out there and if Middlebrooks, Ownens, and Betts doesn't net Stanton than Stanton isn't worth trading for. I honestly see The Red Sox on the over paying side of a trade like that. But that's how you get young super stars. Now had Stanton produced the first round fantasy year people were hoping for this could be a different story but after the regression he had last year it makes you think.

Ya, might take another higher end prospect, possibly Renaudo? If you are the Marlins, it's quite a haul if Stanton gives them an indication this off-season that he does not want to sign an extension. That would send ownership the message that might get something like that done.