Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Mookie Betts - 2B BOS

Betts is the much safer player to take. Crawford might have more upside, but taking someone like him is a big risk.

Remember when Freddie Sanchez had that real good season for the Pirates? All them doubles and high average. Add in a bunch a walks and steals thats Mookie

seems like a pretty intelligent guy. Towards the end the manager says they'd been playing him at SS.

It looks like Betts will need a trade to make an impact but I like the speed and plate discipline. Hopefully he takes the success he had to double A this season.

7th inning 4 for 4 with a homerun so far, looks like he's picking up where he left off....

7th inning 4 for 4 with a homerun so far, looks like he's picking up where he left off....

Yeah this guy is a pure stud. I intently follow the minor leagues every year (for 12+ years) and I haven't been this hyped up about a prospect in years.

Yeah this guy is a pure stud. I intently follow the minor leagues every year (for 12+ years) and I haven't been this hyped up about a prospect in years.

Think they try to find him another position or a possible trade chip in the future?

Right now he's at second. Not like PEDs hasn't had his share of injuries.

^And if the idea is to use him as trade bait down the line, might as well leave him at his position he's comfortable at so it won't mess with his head when hitting.

Or they could just trade Pedroia. *runs and hides*

Or they could just trade Pedroia. *runs and hides*

Not happening. He's reached Jeter status with Red Sox fans. They'll never let him go.

Deer goes Dat Dude again. Not having a monster game but 1/3 a double, a walk, and a SB. Game still isn't over either, he could get another at bat with the game on the line in the 9th.

Hasn't there been questions on Bogaerts defense? Assuming Betts is superior defender to Bogaerts and he has the arm for SS why not move him there. If I was the BoSox not that hard a debate for the future.

3B-Bogaerts

SS-Betts

2B-Pedroia

1B-Middlebrooks

Could be one of the best IF's in the game for a long time. Affordable as well allowing them to spend all that coin on their staff and OF. I think Middlebrooks still has a bright future offensively and I'm sure he could make the switch to 1B in an off-season.

Nope. Brock Holt got recalled. Cecchini is ahead of Betts in the pecking order. The Sox aren't really the kind of organization to call up prospects straight from Double A. They'd like to season them in Triple A at least for some portion of the season beforehand.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 12, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 12, 2014 - No reason given

I posted this is the other form, but I don't think many of the prospect gurus read there, but looking for some help on a Betts trade.

Got offered Mookie Betts for Trevor Bauer. I think right now Betts value is very high while Bauer is on the lower end of value given his year last year. That being said I'm still a big believer in Bauers potential and that performance earlier this week shows what he can do. I really still do think that Bauer can be an elite SP.

I have a plethora of young SP's so figured I might as well expect. My staff is Strasbuurg, Jose Fernandez, Julio Teheran, Chris Archer, Dillon Gee, Randall Delgado, Marcus Sroman, Archie Bradley

My 2B/SS/3B situation is Starlin Castro, Nolan Arenado, Dee Gordan, Jonathan Schoop, Mike Olt, Joey Gallo.

Thoughts?

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 12, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by RotoRaysfan, April 12, 2014 - No reason given

Take betts if all it costs is Bauer. May have to wait a year or two but overall I think it will be worth it.

New year, same story. So far he's 15-32, 6 xbh's, 3 sb's.

Pedroia hurt. I wish he would come up if he went on DL but no chance that happens

4 for 5 3 runs 1 RBI and homer tonight now batting a cool .453 on the season.

Wish he wasn't blocked. As a Sox fan I'd wish they could find a way to get him into the lineup. The only place I see is in the OF. Sizemore has come back to earth and is always an injury waiting to happen. Bradley plays good defense but can't hit. Nava, Gomes and Carp are nothing but part time players. Betts also has the speed they lack since Ellsbury's departure.

Wish he wasn't blocked. As a Sox fan I'd wish they could find a way to get him into the lineup. The only place I see is in the OF. Sizemore has come back to earth and is always an injury waiting to happen. Bradley plays good defense but can't hit. Nava, Gomes and Carp are nothing but part time players. Betts also has the speed they lack since Ellsbury's departure.

I could definitely see them moving Betts to CF. He's been so good in the minors that I'm sure they really don't want to trade him, unless they are blown away by an offer.