Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FouLLine

Mookie Betts - 2B BOS

Any of you foresee a possible May call-up for this guy or is it more likely they wait until mid-june for Super 2 purposes?

I'm not sure he'll even come up before Sept unless Sizemore and Victorino get hurt, and. JBJ completely sucks. Those are possible, but I don't see it necessarily happening. Maybe Middlebrooks falls off and they move Xander to third and have Betts play short, but really there are a lot of "if" scenarios here that we would need to rely on. Of course if Bett's keeps playing like this, and moves up to AAA and continues to seek and destroy he may force them to bring him up.

Good lord no way he's up this year unless PEDs gets hurt or they switch his position or trade him.

Any of you foresee a possible May call-up for this guy or is it more likely they wait until mid-june for Super 2 purposes?

Neither. They'll let him play some at AAA before calling him up. Plus, he's going to have to get some work at either SS or OF before they play him at one of those positions in the majors. Barring a string of injuries, I don't think he's up this year. I hope he gets the call since I own him, but I'm not optimistic.

Just hit a bomb to left field. Laid off some tough pitches too. 2-3 so far tonight. Extends his on base streak to 51 games, 56 if you include the playoffs.

He likely won't be up this year, but boy will it be hard to keep him down for long.

Just hit a bomb to left field. Laid off some tough pitches too. 2-3 so far tonight. Extends his on base streak to 51 games, 56 if you include the playoffs.

He likely won't be up this year, but boy will it be hard to keep him down for long.

Yeah, but he was caught stealing today. Quit cherry picking statistics to make him look good! Lol

^As a CF sure, but probably will lose a lot of value (both real life and fantasy) if he ends up in a corner OF spot. Boston would get better value in trading him to a team looking to add him as a 2B than to move him to RF/LF.

If Betts gives Boston a better chance to win in the play-offs I don't see why he wouldn't be up this year. Boston brought up Bogaerts last year.

Sports is all about winning now and that will override any service time considerations especially in Boston.

If Betts gives Boston a better chance to win in the play-offs I don't see why he wouldn't be up this year. Boston brought up Bogaerts last year.

Sports is all about winning now and that will override any service time considerations especially in Boston.

Except Boston hardly ever calls up prospects from AA without any exposure to AAA. They make the move when the player is ready, regardless of playoff situation. If Cecchini doesn't get promoted, Betts most certainly won't be.

I can officially join this thread as I traded for Betts in a keeper league yesterday. The approach at the plate is just phenomenal. I don't see any reason why he can't develop into a rich-mans Altuve, which is really a very valuable thing, especially in OBP/OPS leagues.

Does anyone know of any way to create an alert or something when a player is added to the ESPN FA pool? I find it frustrating that prospects like Betts and Frazier are not on there. Thanks

The Jose Altuve comparison doesn't do justice for this guy's ability. He walks more than Altuve, has more power. and is 5 inches taller. I think his potential is between Ben Zobrist and Dustin Pedroia.

Does anyone know of any way to create an alert or something when a player is added to the ESPN FA pool? I find it frustrating that prospects like Betts and Frazier are not on there. Thanks

Not sure about that, but I would recommend switching to CBS if you're a keeper league. There's a $130(i think) yearly fee, but I've never come across a player not in their database. Even the most obscure guys are in there. Well worth the money in my opinion.

The Jose Altuve comparison doesn't do justice for this guy's ability. He walks more than Altuve, has more power. and is 5 inches taller. I think his potential is between Ben Zobrist and Dustin Pedroia.

As for potential, I was thinking more like Kinsler when he didn't suck, with possibly a higher average. Great K/BB with both power and speed. Doubt he'll ever be a 30-30 guy, but Kinsler's 30-30 years were pretty fluky.

As for potential, I was thinking more like Kinsler when he didn't suck, with possibly a higher average. Great K/BB with both power and speed. Doubt he'll ever be a 30-30 guy, but Kinsler's 30-30 years were pretty fluky.

He doesn't have 30-HR power. He might hit 20 on occasion. Kinsler is an incredibly streaky player during the season as well. I don't see Betts having those kinds of peaks and valleys. He's a consistent hitter.

Trade bait or future outfielder?

Maybe, maybe.......

my fantasy team hopes trade bait

If he keeps playing at this level I don't see any way the sox don't call him up in some capacity. I feel he would offer too much at the top of that lineup to leave in the minors. He's obviously blocked at second for a long time so the outfield seems the only way for right now, unless they trade him for something else, but if June comes and they aren't in the race then I can't see them looking to make a move.

He'll be traded for sure. If the Sox had plans for him, they'd have moved him to the outfield by now. There's just no room for him in the infield with Pedroia, Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, and Cecchini when he replaces Middlebrooks.

The Marlins desperately need a second baseman. I could see Betts as part of a deal for Stanton.

He'll be traded for sure. If the Sox had plans for him, they'd have moved him by now to the outfield. There's just no room for him in the infield with Pedroia, Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, and Cecchini when he replaces Middlebrooks.

The Marlins desperately need a second baseman. I could see Betts as part of a deal for Stanton.

Ya dont see that happening. Dietrich hasnt been terrible, at least not bad enough to trade Stanton. I dont think Stanton leaves Miami

He'll be traded for sure. If the Sox had plans for him, they'd have moved him by now to the outfield. There's just no room for him in the infield with Pedroia, Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, and Cecchini when he replaces Middlebrooks.

Ya dont see that happening. Dietrich hasnt been terrible, at least not bad enough to trade Stanton. I dont think Stanton leaves Miami

I'm just spitballing a possible trade scenario that would make sense for both teams. Stanton will definitely leave Miami. He's wanted out for a long, long time. The point is Betts will most likely be traded.

I'm just spitballing a possible trade scenario that would make sense for both teams. Stanton will definitely leave Miami. He's wanted out for a long, long time. The point is Betts will most likely be traded.

How about to Colorado for Jon Gray....?

Hey, I can dream!!!

The good news it definitely won't be Seattle. Atlanta Colorado marlins mets or who possibly needs him at short? He doesn't seem like the type of prospect you trade in division. So Toronto Yankees out though they both could use him.