Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BROKERGUY21

Is this cheating?

This is a work league for 200 dollars per person

Guy in my league didnt show up for draft, auto drafted, does not pay attention to his team never does

I played him this week he had two players on BYE- I was down by 30 points i had Sproles and Sturgis going

I am the only one in league who knows a lot about fantasy football so everyone is against me basically - One guy this morning in league who didnt even pay for the league because he didnt wanna pay the entire fee so he had another guy pay the entry fee and he is taking care of the lineup and team etc etc

Well this guy this morning went to the guy im playing this week and put in brandon gibson and dion lewis in his lineup so he would have a chance to get some points

right now im down by .10

Gibson has 10 points

is this ridiculous or is it just me?

Okay well for one thing I am not really understanding some of your post. So the guy you are playing had someone else pay part of his entry fee? If the person who put players in this morning has access to the account and is allowed to make changes by authority of the owner, then I see no problem to be honest. As long as the lineup was submitted on time, there is really no fault there.

nooo nooo sorry maybe i didnt explain it right

the guy i am playing paid his full in the league- he had two guys on bye this week nelson and finley

so a guy in my league who is 2-1 (he did not pay in the league he is just running someones team) he helped out the guy im playing by picking up gibson and now i will lose becuase of this

if the owner if the team ur playing gave him permission to do that, then i dont see a problem with it either. plus you should be expecting to play against full lineups regardless

no the guy who made the changes is running a team for a guy who paid for him

basically he is in the league but never paid he just is there to manage a team

The guy i am playing has nothing to do with this guy he just went to his office this morning and went on his computer and picked up people for him

i am down by .04 points

if the owner if the team ur playing gave him permission to do that, then i dont see a problem with it either. plus you should be expecting to play against full lineups regardless

how do u not see a problem with that? it isnt his place to randomly go to him and place people in his lineup

Have you talked to the guys? How did he know his password? Are you sure they didn't just talk and he asked the other guy to do this for him?

i was in the office, its an office league

the one guy (james) went up to the other guy (mike) and said u have two players on bye week let me fix ur lineup so u can win tonight, and he just did it they have no connection in the league he did it because i am 3-0 and he wanted me to lose

You should just be thankful you play in a 200 dollar league and you're the only one who knows anything about fantasy football.

Quit bitchin, man up and take your loss. Otherwise have your wife or gf run your team .

Enjoy the sacks my friend

i was in the office, its an office league

the one guy (james) went up to the other guy (mike) and said u have two players on bye week let me fix ur lineup so u can win tonight, and he just did it they have no connection in the league he did it because i am 3-0 and he wanted me to lose

If they talked about it, there isn't a problem. I've set lineups for people plenty of times if they ask.

no- he went up to him and said hey u have two guys on bye "here ill pick up two guys for u"

Right. The guys would have said "No" if he wasn't ok with him doing that. you made it sound like he hacked into his computer and put in players because he has a vendetta against you. Sounds like he was just helping out a friend with the friend's knowledge.

the guy im playing doesnt know one player in the NFL, his team was autodrafted

he paid 200 dollars to come to the draft party, and he didnt even draft he just ate wings and drank beer!

he doesnt care less if he wins or loses i text him tonight and he said i have no idea whos playing i didnt know there was a game on

its cheating

the guy im playing doesnt know one player in the NFL, his team was autodrafted

he paid 200 dollars to come to the draft party, and he didnt even draft he just ate wings and drank beer!

he doesnt care less if he wins or loses i text him tonight and he said i have no idea whos playing i didnt know there was a game on

its cheating

So you should have beaten him regardless. And no, it is absolutely not cheating.

How is that any different from people on this forum asking who should I start/sit or set my line-up..the only difference is that he physically did it or him..it's not cheating take the loss, look at your team why you loss, make moves, move on and look towards next week

how is it different? because the guy i was playing did not tell the guy to change his lineup

the guy walked in his office and did it for him, i was playing MIKE i was not playing against two guys from my league! thats collusion! it is helping out someone from the league so the top guy would lose and my team is fine i had mcfadden get hurt in middle of game i have marshall, stafford, richardson, sproles, bush fleener and gronk and steven jackson and hopkins and bowe i have a solid team

Yeah like someone said earlier you should be expecting to play against a full lineup every week, especially if you are paying $200 to play. The fact that you will lose due to a WR2/WR3 and Dion Lewis, then that is just too bad. To come on and pose a question you want answered, and then bash everyone who doesn't respond the way you want, what is the point? Obviously the clear majority here agrees it was not cheating. If you would like to whine and moan, do so on your own time. You lost, still 3-1.

I can see why you would be upset. Unless you can get someone else in your league to back you up on this, then I don't think it's worth pursuing. Keep in mind that you work with these people, don't let a loss in fantasy football affect your professional life.

how is it different? because the guy i was playing did not tell the guy to change his lineup

the guy walked in his office and did it for him, i was playing MIKE i was not playing against two guys from my league! thats collusion! it is helping out someone from the league so the top guy would lose and my team is fine i had mcfadden get hurt in middle of game i have marshall, stafford, richardson, sproles, bush fleener and gronk and steven jackson and hopkins and bowe i have a solid team

Have you ever played in a FF league before? I have been in plenty of leagues with friends who give me a heads up if I have an injured or bye player. I have also had situations where people leave on vacation or business and ask someone else to make sure they have the most optimal lineup. You wouldn't even be giving this a second thought if you hadn't lost, so learn to win and lose with dignity.