Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Week 5 Waiver Wire Touts

Last week's "Waiver Wire Touts" thread can be found here.

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

With this threads relocation you may feel free to ask questions directly pertaining to your league and team situation and engage in discussion of ranking the players, who to add/drop etc.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past.

Week 5 Quick Picks:

QB Big Ben - He's thrown for 789 yards in his last two games. Pittsburgh has a bye week in Week 5 then plays the Jets, Baltimore, Oakland, New England, Buffalo and Detroit. He's a solid matchup play if you don't have an elite QB.

RB Rashad Jennings - If McFadden can't go this week, Jennings has a juicy matchup against San Diego's last ranked rushing defense. He will be at least worth a flex play, especially in PPR leagues.

RB Roy Helu - Alfred Morris left Sunday's game with a rib injury. He's suppose to be fine and Washington has a bye coming up, so Morris has time to recover. However, he's still makes for a good stash. If Morris goes down, Helu would flirt with RB1 numbers.

RB Andre Ellington - Seems like it's just a matter of time before Mendenhall gets replaced.

WR Alshon Jeffery - Jeffery has seen 32 targets through 4 games and he's starting to become a big part of the Bears' offense. If Jeffery is on your waiver wire, run, don't walk, and grab him.

TE Heath Miller - Pick him up if he's still somehow available in your league.

Robert Woods might end up the new #1 in Buffalo, it seems E.J. Manuel is looking his way more than Stevie Johnson.

TE Brandon Pettigrew - 7 receptions (yes I know he's prone to drops) on 7 targets and DET used alot of 2-TE sets against CHI. Unless Broyles changed the opinions of his coaching staff and QB, Pettigrew seems to be the guy to benefit from Burleson's injury.

WR in my league is slim pickings...

however, a few players jump out as possible PPR bye week fillers...

Jeremy Kerley, vs ATL, seems to be the ONLY viable option in the passing game right now

Doug Baldwin vs INDY, could be a shootout type of game.

gonna try and grab Jennings. I really don't want to start D-Rich this week and I hope DMC doesn't play

Guest JimmyGs

Thin, thin, thin. No big standouts this week.

Here are my picks for one week grabs available on waivers, if your desperate:

QB: Pryor - Going against SD the Raiders are going to be forced to throw a lot to keep pace. Pryor offers that dual threat that is great for fantasy, and SD is giving up the most points to QBs.

RB: Jennings - With both McFadden and Reece banged up Jennings will get a lot of playing time. He is involved in the passing game so will still get some points if they are getting blown out.

WR: Woods - He is going to start getting grabbed in a lot of leagues, as he has played more snaps than Stevie back to back weeks. Stevie is still the main guy which means Woods will get to avoid Hayden, and should lead the team in targets this week.

WR: Kerley - With Holmes and Hill both expected to miss the game against the Falcons Kerley is probably going to be the guy. The Jets are going to be forced to throw to keep pace with the Falcons, if your hurting he could be a decent fill in.

TE: Clay - He is geting to the point that he is going to be rostered in a lot of leagues. He is a clear part of the Miami offense and Tannehill looks for him often. He has at least 40 yards in each game.

DEF: Falcons - Geno is going to be forced to throw to keep pace, this is going to lead to sacks and interceptions for the Falcons. Geno is going to be without his top two WRs and the Falcons are good at stopping the run.

Garrett Graham is probably worth a stash... only owned in 1.5% of espn leagues and has scored a TD 3 of 4 games. Not a huge point guy, but maybe a steady eddy?

Garrett Graham is probably worth a stash... only owned in 1.5% of espn leagues and has scored a TD 3 of 4 games. Not a huge point guy, but maybe a steady eddy?

Value seems to more depend on if he gets a TD. If Daniels goes down though he would have TE1 potential.

I guess the question is:

Robert Woods or Nate Washington?

Who is the better tout?

ROS probably Washington if he can get a healthy Locker, but the guy has proved he can make plays when he gets the ball

Woods looks like he should have some good weeks. Each time there is a good corner on Stevie Johnson, you can expect Woods to get some good production.

So, who do you think?

I grabbed Blackmon as a bench stash hoping they turn to henne and streamed ATL D/ST. Robert Woods isn't a bd choice, clay from MIA or R.Jennings with DMC out is a viable flex.

Woods has a great opportunity there in Buffalo, but Tuel looked so awful in relief yesterday I would park him on my bench until I saw how that shook out.

Chris Ivory if he was dropped? He's practicing & at the worst questionable for MNF. I think he's worth a flier at the least. I still consider him ahead of Goodson & like Goodson alot also. Guy can flat out run the rock when he's healthy (key words obviously).

Chris Ivory if he was dropped? He's practicing & at the worst questionable for MNF. I think he's worth a flier at the least. I still consider him ahead of Goodson & like Goodson alot also. Guy can flat out run the rock when he's healthy (key words obviously).

stay away from Rams Raiders Jets Pats backfields please...

not worth the add unless your in a deep league.

Woods has a great opportunity there in Buffalo, but Tuel looked so awful in relief yesterday I would park him on my bench until I saw how that shook out.

+1

He's worth a flier, sure. But if guys like Andre Ellington, LeGarrette Blount, and Roy Helu are still on the wire, I'd rather take a flier on them. I like Chris too, but he's got to 1) stay on the field and 2) get more snaps before I take the plunge.

Sudfeld, now that he was claimed. He could be a very nice 2nd-half safety valve for...whoever is QB at that point, I guess. Or he could be nothing- likely nothing but worth a flier.

I've currently got Coby Fleener as a backup for Vernon Davis in my standard non-PPR league and wondering if I should drop him for Heath Miller. Any thoughts?

I would, probably.