Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Week 5 Waiver Wire Touts

Any reasons on why I should?

Honestly, I would just say if you're looking for a backup and it's not PPR (in a TD-heavy, PPR format, a guy like Fleener would have more value than standard leagues I'd think anyway), Miller is a safer bet. Already seeing big targets on a team that plays from behind and is just now discovering their run game. I think he could have a nice stretch and be a good buy-low for those in deeper leagues or those with two starting TE slots...

(Whereas Fleener has been alternating good for bad every week, and in non-PPR/6 PTD leagues, I can't imagine he has been worth too much and he has definitely not been consistent... so for a backup I just think Miller is a lot safer, albeit with capped upside at this point.)

I think Matt Cassel would be a worthwhile pickup. He had a solid game last week and may be flying under the radar due to being on bye this week. If he keeps it up you would have a real asset.

Any reasons on why I should?

Honestly, I would just say if you're looking for a backup and it's not PPR (in a TD-heavy, PPR format, a guy like Fleener would have more value than standard leagues I'd think anyway), Miller is a safer bet. Already seeing big targets on a team that plays from behind and is just now discovering their run game. I think he could have a nice stretch and be a good buy-low for those in deeper leagues or those with two starting TE slots...

(Whereas Fleener has been alternating good for bad every week, and in non-PPR/6 PTD leagues, I can't imagine he has been worth too much and he has definitely not been consistent... so for a backup I just think Miller is a lot safer, albeit with capped upside at this point.)

Great, thanks!

I think Matt Cassel would be a worthwhile pickup. He had a solid game last week and may be flying under the radar due to being on bye this week. If he keeps it up you would have a real asset.

Agreed. I currently own Stafford and Brady, but I'm trying to shop Brady out for an upgrade at my WR position. If I did so, I'd need to pick up another QB. Cassel would be one of the contenders I'd want.

David Wilson is out with a neck injury. Should I pick up Roy Helu, Brandon Jacobs, Isaac Redman, Andre Brown?

Yes (just because he should be rostered), HECK NO, NO WAY, and only if your league has a IR spot. But I wouldn't drop Wilson for any of them.

I didn't say I was going to drop him, that's awfully extreme. I was just looking to pick up another RB. I would be dropping Chris Givens, who hasn't added much value to my team.

Pettigrew.

I like this one, but I also like Kris Durham right now too....

I didn't say I was going to drop him, that's awfully extreme. I was just looking to pick up another RB. I would be dropping Chris Givens, who hasn't added much value to my team.

Good deal - I dropped Givens weeks ago and haven't regretted it one bit. Of every one you named, definitely Helu. The rest aren't worth your time or roster space right now.

Keenan Allen and Terrence Williams

Zac Stacy!

These guys are the ones for the week! Really isnt much going on outside of these guys....

The biggest breakout game was Alshon Jeffery but considering he's owned in 67% of Yahoo leagues already we'll move on from him.

Four rookies really had big games in Week 5.

1. Andre Ellington RB ARZ - The 24 year old 6th round rookie has maintained an extremely high average at 6.7 yards a rush on the season. He's looked head and shoulders above Mendenhall two weeks in a row now against two top 10 rush defenses in Carolina and Tampa Bay. Past two games, Ellington has put out 134 yards from scrimmage in only 18 touches for 7.44 yards a touch. If Ellington is made the premier back he could make a lot of fantasy noise.

2. Terrance Williams WR DAL - The 24 year old was a big part of Tony Romo's Week 5 Fantasy Explosion. He could win over WR2 honors in Dallas with Miles Austin banged up and under producing.

3. Keenan Allen WR SD - The 21 year old rookie is going to at least be the #2 WR in San Diego with Floyd going on the IR. He could potentially even be the guy for Rivers going forward. But let's temper our expectations for now and just pick him up at the expense of our worst player.

4. Zac Stacy RB STL - Finally a RB showed they can run the ball in St. Louis. Will The Rams ever make him fantasy relevant or will they keep the unsuccessful timeshare rolling? He's worth rostering for the next week or so to see where his value really lies. As he was the best back The Rams had to offer but he got his production against the worst rush offenses in Jacksonville.

I feel Ellington has the most upside of the bunch. If he finally gets the lion's share of carries or Mendenhall gets hurt he could be an RB1 that was a week 4 - week 5 pick up for most people.

I also feel there's a huge gap between Keenan Allen and Zac Stacy. I just don't see The Rams doing a whole lot on the ground this year. But all 4 of these guys more than warrant a spot on at least your bench for right now.

I'd rather have Allen than anyone else you listed unless I needed a RB, then I would prefer Stacy, then Ellington. I will not be pursuing Williams at all due to the fact that Miles Austin WILL reclaim the job after he comes back.

I'd rather have Allen than anyone else you listed unless I needed a RB, then I would prefer Stacy, then Ellington. I will not be pursuing Williams at all due to the fact that Miles Austin WILL reclaim the job after he comes back.

I disagree. Ellington is going to be a starting back soon. Stacy's schedule sucks and he's in a committee. I don't even want him.

Allen should do well, but you never know with the Chargers. Twill looks legit and 3 WR sets are omnipresent in Dallas with Austin in the slot, it works..

I got mendy as a back up should he be dropped for ellington?

try to grab both if possible. Based on pure upside, I would make that add since I'd never want Mendenhall to be starting for MY team while Ellington has the upside to be flex worthy. It's tough to drop a starting RB though

I already have Stacy and Ellington. Neither helped me out too much this week. If I were you, I would grab that Chicago Bears WR. I dropped both Mendenhall and Green-Ellis and both scored this week, which just infuriates me even more. I'm really starting to hate the illogical nature of NFL coaches.