Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kittenmittons

Buy Low/Sell High 2013

Traded jordy Nelson and. McFadden this past Friday. For Ray Rice and Amendola,

Any thoughts, I absolutely bought rice at a low price, and sold high on McFadden IMO, right before his injury. Wow.

I just traded Jordy Nelson and DWill for Ray Rice and Roddy White.

I also traded TRich and Cruz for Martin and DThomas

If you're selling "high" on Martin, you're selling high on name value only. Otherwise you're actually selling when his value is pretty low, coming off his most disappointing performance and heading into his bye week. The better play is to wait for him to come back and hopefully have a good game against the Philly D and a few more easier matchups coming up.

I see him as a buy-low or a hold for his owners. No one's gonna pay much right now even though he's the bell cow in that offense.

Agreed, you are selling him on his name value to get out of the dumpster fire mess that TB could become. The coach has lost the team with a rookie QB and defenses stacking the box... I don't like it.

AP has his bye this week as well. Packages like Martin+LeVeon Bell or Martin+Julius Thomas or Martin+Josh Gordon for AP would be ideal. Players in which you can likely afford to trade because you didn't invest a lot in them in the first place, and get yourself a safer RB1 whose value isn't teetering on his next game.

Doug Martin is definitely a buy low. He has been average so far this season. He got nowhere against Arizona. Remember he had a slow start to his rookie campaign last year and ended up being a fantasy beast. I would know, I traded him one week before his single handed demolition of Oakland in week 8 I think it was. He didn't score or go over 100 until week 6 or 7 last year.

He wasn't a best weekly though. You take the end of his season (after he scored over 50 against the Raiders because of 4 TDs), he only averaged just under 14 points a game. While still RB1 production, not Beastly by any means. And with the Bucs offense going no where fast, if you haven't sold high yet, you should probably just wait and hope it turns around.

I'm so confused why people keep calling Doug a "sell high." He's a buy low player, last time he hasn't been scoring TDs left and right

What do people think about trading Willis McGahee after his decent performance last night?

I'm wondering who I should target.

What do people think about trading Willis McGahee after his decent performance last night?

I don't know. He seems to be in good form and it looks like they no longer trust passing in goal line situations with Weeden. He could go either way in my opinion. Some people might think he's in a buy low situation and others in a sell high. I do know that with the return of Gordon, the defenses seem to have opened up and help him a lot.

I don't know. He seems to be in good form and it looks like they no longer trust passing in goal line situations with Weeden. He could go either way in my opinion. Some people might think he's in a buy low situation and others in a sell high. I do know that with the return of Gordon, the defenses seem to have opened up and help him a lot.

Yeah, I've just read a lot of articles criticizing his abilities and saying he's old and washed up. I'm already fairly stacked at RB:

Marshawn Lynch

DeMarco Murray

CJ Spiller

Knowshon Moreno

Willis McGahee

So I'd be interested to know some target players yall think I should go for with him. He's just gonna sit on my bench the entire season anyway.

Who are some good buy low WRs? Looking to ship off AJ Green... 1-3 and need a change

Just saw your post---considering Andre Johnson and Marques Colston

Yeah, I've just read a lot of articles criticizing his abilities and saying he's old and washed up. I'm already fairly stacked at RB:

Marshawn Lynch

DeMarco Murray

CJ Spiller

Knowshon Moreno

Willis McGahee

So I'd be interested to know some target players yall think I should go for with him. He's just gonna sit on my bench the entire season anyway.

Hard to say...people really like to see at least 2 in a row b4 trading for a guy....or even picking them up off waivers unless it's a very deep league which yours obviously isn't. If he strikes gold again next week...examine your needs and look for wr3-back end te-1's

Just got Andre Johnson and Alshon Jeffery for Reggie Wayne and Willis McGahee. was it a fair trade?

Yes--I like the Mcgahee side a lil better though

Just got Andre Johnson and Alshon Jeffery for Reggie Wayne and Willis McGahee. was it a fair trade?

Yeah, He is a buddy of mine, he got WR, low on RB. I got RB, and low on WR... But I think Andre is an upgrade from Wayne. No? Jeffery is a one hit wonder, but just for roster space if he doesn't do anything this week, I will pick up someone on waiver.

Yeah, He is a buddy of mine, he got WR, low on RB. I got RB, and low on WR... But I think Andre is an upgrade from Wayne. No? Jeffery is a one hit wonder, but just for roster space if he doesn't do anything this week, I will pick up someone on waiver.

yeah Andre is a slight boost from Reggie imo but not too considerable considering Reggie will catch td's at some point most likely...Andre won't. Andre is a great possesion reciever very high floor...low weekly ceiling....same with Reggie but he tends to have more redzone upside than Andre so with the additon of Mcgahee...I think he got over. It's cool though if you didn't really need him...but you are the friend who looked out on that trade

I have gates and j. Thomas at TE... which should I trade? I can get colston for either one.

Who do you guys think will have the better season. Both are great ...

I feel like Kaepernick is at a buy low option right now. Possibly even Tom Brady, though with Gronk and Amendola coming back, the time may have passed. Stevan Ridley with his current injury and recent performance. I feel like he bounces back. CJ Spiller (maybe before this past Thursday game, not sure now). Steven Jackson for an obvious buy low.

Some sell highs I'd have to go with Fred Jackson, Bilal Powell, Julian Edelman (but again, with Amendola and Gronk coming back maybe not so much anymore).

Sell high: Cameron. Not shopping him, but offers have come in and they are not enough, some way lowballs.

Got Thompkins as a low round draft pick on a couple of teams that are struggling with Martin, MJD and Spiller not producing. If he puts together another couple of solid weeks, I can sell him to a team that maybe is dying with Roddy White or needs a WR3 for a decent RB.

Buy low; Haven't pulled the trigger, but watching Harvin on waiver wire for a couple of teams. Need to get through a couple of WR byes and hopefully win a couple more times before taking him.

Watching Ellington.

Got Leveon Bell on waivers in two leagues this week.

I just bought low on Ray Rice and sold high on Blount. I gave up Fitzgerald, Blount and Jeffery for Rice, Nelson and Blackmon, I definitely think I got the better end of the trade.

Also got Le'Veon Bell and Andre Ellington on my bench. I think they are both some big buy low candidates. As for sell high, I don't want to say Jordan Cameron but if you can get a starting RB in return and you have another TE as a backup I might take it.

Just sold Julius Thomas for CJ Spiller. I think this might be a great deal for me (assuming no season ending injury). Keep in mind CJ has 10 days of rest to get healthy.

Bought Low: DeSean Jackson

Sold High: Kembrall Thompkins + Brian Hartline

:D

Is Moreno a big "sell high" now?

Trying to package him with Bowe and/or TY to get Megatron OR Cruz.