Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kittenmittons

Buy Low/Sell High 2013

Anyone recommend selling high on Alshon Jeffery? What type of trade would he warrant right now?

My receivers are Dez Bryant, Vincent Jackson, James Jones, Jeffery, Denarius Moore, Justin Blackmon

Anyone recommend selling high on Alshon Jeffery? What type of trade would he warrant right now?

My receivers are Dez Bryant, Vincent Jackson, James Jones, Jeffery, Denarius Moore, Justin Blackmon

I personally like Jefferey a lot so I wouldn't sell on him. I would more go with trying to sell James Jones high or seeing what you can get for Jackson.

Is Moreno a big "sell high" now?

Trying to package him with Bowe and/or TY to get Megatron OR Cruz.

I moved Moreno and Rivers for Julio and Newton. I think Moreno will fetch you something nice

i think it may be too late to get ADP value for Andre Johnson and Marques Colston.

Very salty about that

My Sell High this week: TY Hilton

My Buy Low this week: Danny Woodhead, Any Vikings pass catcher

My WW pickup of the week: Josh Freeman, Terrelle Pryor

I usually try to target the #2 WR of the team going against the Eagles as if you would've done that all year, you would have the #1 WR this year. Too bad they are going against the Bucs this week so I don't know if that trend continues. Otherwise that person is in my buy low or WW pickup of the week.

I think a lot of people don't know what the definition of buy low and sell high mean

Also, if you "sell high" it does NOT mean you "bought low" necessarily

Geez

Buy low ;

qb: Tom Brady, rodgers (if needy owner, has had 2 bad games in a row)

rb: doug martin, s. jax, trent richardson, cj2k , mjd (if you can get him for peanuts)

wr: aj green, megatron (if owner is worried about knee) brandon marshall, roddy white, larry fitzgerald, colston, v. jax and bowe if they can be had for peanuts.

I personally like Jefferey a lot so I wouldn't sell on him. I would more go with trying to sell James Jones high or seeing what you can get for Jackson.

As someone who owns Jeffrey in one league (that seriously lacks WR depth, and he is actually my #1 WR overall... I know, laugh, laugh, but his past two performances have been #1 worthy), I actually think, if anything, this is a buy-low chance. His owners will probably be looking to sell high right now, but no one is going to pony up their asking prices. At some point, he'll either have a 1 or 2 catch game and people will be mad at the 4-spot he puts up as their WR2 or top FLEX that week (and probably sometime soon, since this is the Bears we're talking about, and a Bears player here). I like Jeffrey a LOT now that Marshall is truly drawing more attention than ever, and he is seeing open looks with Forte & M. Bennett also opening up the field. He's big and fast and I think he's the guy to keep. James Jones is your sell high right now, for whatever the best offer you can get is. He's still the Packers' 4th, maybe 3rd best WR AT BEST but he has a monster throwing to him and seems to run these magical deep routes to bail out mediocre days all of the time. Sell high. Jeffrey is especially nice for PPR right now too, just a FYI.

I moved Jordan Cameron for Rivers. He may not be a sell high, but Weeden and Gordon returning may not help his value. I also have Gronk and I needed a QB1 since Kaepernick has flatlined.

the Lesean mccoy owner is 0-5 and also has david wilson and spiller and crap for wrs and i want to take advantage of the desperation... i own Jordan Cameron and Jason Witten and he has owen daniels who just went down...

should i trade I try for witten and sproles for shady? or trade cameron instead of witten with sproles or someones else? its 10 team ppr

Just traded Cameron and David Wilson for aj green.. Thoughts?

I think Cameron is a legit top 5 TE, maybe even top 3 (behind Gronk and Graham). And I really like Wilson, but it all depends how much they use him the rest of the year. Green is a top 3 WR, but I am a tiny bit concerned with the bengals play calling the last couple of weeks. They have rarely tried to get the ball to Green deep. Most of his recent targets seem to be under 20 yards. Either way Green is a huge pick up for what you gave up as of now.

Is Boldin a good buy low?

Boldin is a good buy low, as well as Kaep. The 49ers will be getting Mario Manningham back in a couple weeks and Crabtree back around mid November. They are also reportedly looking in to trading for Josh Gordon. Once they get a few other WR options, Boldin will have more room, but I wouldn't give up much to get him. Woodhead and Woods for Boldin is a bit too much. Miller for Boldin straight up may work.

I'd try to pair Julius Thomas and (Woodhead or Miller) for a WR. Jordy Nelson if you are lucky, Reggie Wayne is fair (if they need a TE or desperately need an RB) or Antonio Brown would be the lower end of that trade.

the Lesean mccoy owner is 0-5 and also has david wilson and spiller and crap for wrs and i want to take advantage of the desperation... i own Jordan Cameron and Jason Witten and he has owen daniels who just went down...

should i trade I try for witten and sproles for shady? or trade cameron instead of witten with sproles or someones else? its 10 team ppr

Trade Witten and Chris Johnson for shady if you can get it. I have both Witten and Cameron also and I'm trying to move Witten after his good week. I'd even throw in deandre hopkins if that helps the deal. Or replace Chris Johnson with Bell. I'd also consider moving Newton with Amendola for a better QB (Stafford and Brady are kinda cheap right now).

10 team 1.0 PPR league $150

QB Matt Stafford or Tom Brady

RB Doug Martin, TB

RB Lesean McCoy

WR Dez Bryant, Dal

WR AJ Green, Cin

TE Jordan Cameron, Cle

FLEX Darren Sproles, NO

D/ST Bears D/ST

K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak

That looks like a pretty stacked lineup to me. Top 5 QB. Shady is a top 3 RB and martin should be top 5, top 10 at worst. Dez and Green are now (Goodbye Julio) both top 3 WRs. Sproles is one of top flex options and Cameron should finish as a top 5 TE.

Is Moreno a big "sell high" now?

Trying to package him with Bowe and/or TY to get Megatron OR Cruz.

I moved Moreno and Rivers for Julio and Newton. I think Moreno will fetch you something nice

Julio Out for the Season isnt he???

David Wilson, thinking about dropping this kid, Patience is getting thin... Seriously what do you think

I think I'm gonna try to move Fred Jax this week

What do you think you can get for him?

I have a few trades in mind. There are some very RB needy teams in my league and my RB depth is Rice, SJax, FJax, L. Bell, Z. Stacy. We only play 2 with no FLEX in this league.

1) The Lynch owner has no sufficient RB2 (Blount, Wilson, Snelling). I offered him SJax & FJax for Lynch. He's thinking about it.

2) The only 5-0 team is strong everywhere except RB. He has Rodgers & Rivers so I'm gonna float M. Ryan & FJax to him for Rodgers.

3) D. Martin owner needs a RB2 badly and is 1-4. Gonna offer SJax, FJax & Andre Johnson for Martin, Dym. Thomas & Ellington

I think I'd prefer trade #3, but knowing the individual owners I think trade #2 has the best chance of getting accepted.

How do you guys feel about these 3 offers. A couple of my buy low targets are Martin & Rodgers. Dy. Thomas isn't exactly buy low, but is coming off a down week.

Sold high on Boldin got Le'Veon Bell. I'll take a guaranteed 20+ touches week over a complete hit or miss.

Sold high on Boldin got Le'Veon Bell. I'll take a guaranteed 20+ touches week over a complete hit or miss.

How does Boldin warrant so much value?...in my league Rice was traded for Boldin and Mcfadden last week.

How does Boldin warrant so much value?...in my league Rice was traded for Boldin and Mcfadden last week.

Wow, I would've loved to have been able to get Rice for McGlass and Boldin. People are still riding high on him after his week 1 and week 4 performances. I needed a RB so it worked out perfect for me.

I was also able to upgrade from Fitz to AJ Green. Granted both are playing at about the same level right now, Green has much more upside and I don't think Dalton will continue to play as terrible as he has been.

Just swung a nice buy-low, sell high deal in my standard scoring league.

Traded my James Jones, Matt Forte and Joique Bell for his Victor Cuz, Doug Martin and David Wilson

Love this deal for me, took advantage of Jones' big week and an traded a boom or bust WR2/3 for a WR1. I now have Megatron and Cruz as my 1-2 punch and can slot Decker in as my flex player....this makes my line-up a lot more dangerous IMO.

Forte for Martin is pretty much a lateral move in non-PPR, but I no longer have to deal with the bye week as Martin just had his. Joique Bell has a lot of upside if Bush goes down, but not as much as in PPR....Wilson on the other hand still has huge upside and I can stash him till he's healthy and playing better.

Guest JimmyGs

This trade just went down in my league. I was shocked to see Calvin and Rice traded for so little!

Andre Johnson

T-Rich

Julius Thomas

for

Calvin Johnson

Ray Rice

Garrett Graham