Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kittenmittons

Buy Low/Sell High 2013

Sell high on LeVeon Bell?

Just traded Cameron and David Wilson for aj green.. Thoughts?

I think Cameron is a legit top 5 TE, maybe even top 3 (behind Gronk and Graham). And I really like Wilson, but it all depends how much they use him the rest of the year. Green is a top 3 WR, but I am a tiny bit concerned with the bengals play calling the last couple of weeks. They have rarely tried to get the ball to Green deep. Most of his recent targets seem to be under 20 yards. Either way Green is a huge pick up for what you gave up as of now.

Is Boldin a good buy low?

Boldin is a good buy low, as well as Kaep. The 49ers will be getting Mario Manningham back in a couple weeks and Crabtree back around mid November. They are also reportedly looking in to trading for Josh Gordon. Once they get a few other WR options, Boldin will have more room, but I wouldn't give up much to get him. Woodhead and Woods for Boldin is a bit too much. Miller for Boldin straight up may work.

I'd try to pair Julius Thomas and (Woodhead or Miller) for a WR. Jordy Nelson if you are lucky, Reggie Wayne is fair (if they need a TE or desperately need an RB) or Antonio Brown would be the lower end of that trade.

Agree with this...Boldin is def a buy low once Mario and Crab return.

Is Moreno a big "sell high" now?

Trying to package him with Bowe and/or TY to get Megatron OR Cruz.

I moved Moreno and Rivers for Julio and Newton. I think Moreno will fetch you something nice

Julio Out for the Season isnt he???

He wasn't when the poster said he got him. Too bad though because that trade doesn't look as good anymore unless Newton finishes great again (which I doubt as he plays the Saints twice late in the year).

Just obtained Megatron for James Jones, Le'Veon Bell, and Zac Stacy. My league may be an outlier, but it looks like Calvin's value is lower than it will be for the rest of the season.

jordy nelson for t-rich straight up? looking for a solid rb2

is this a bad move?

QB:Brees

RB1: Rice

Rb2: Woodhead

WR1: Hilton

WR2: T. Williams

TE: J. Cameron

Flex: Gronk (depending on playing)

Bench:

Z. Stacey

J. Bell

K. Allen

J. Nelson

L. Fitzgerald

R. Mendenhall

jordy nelson for t-rich straight up? looking for a solid rb2

is this a bad move?

QB:Brees

RB1: Rice

Rb2: Woodhead

WR1: Hilton

WR2: T. Williams

TE: J. Cameron

Flex: Gronk (depending on playing)

Bench:

Z. Stacey

J. Bell

K. Allen

J. Nelson

L. Fitzgerald

R. Mendenhall

Sell Fitz or Hilton. Jordy is your best WR.

I have James Jones and Anquan Boldin, are they sell highs? I feel like both are very erratic, and Boldin may die out when Crabtree and Manningham return

My receivers are James Jones/Boldin/Amendola/Keenan Allen/Terrance Williams..so all hit and miss lol, who should I try and trade for?

I have James Jones/Boldin/Amendola too lol. I'd say JJ is a sell high, I'm trying to package him with my garbage to see if anyone will bite. I wish that 2nd touchdown didn't get overturned, could've padded his stats more.

I have James Jones and Anquan Boldin, are they sell highs? I feel like both are very erratic, and Boldin may die out when Crabtree and Manningham return

My receivers are James Jones/Boldin/Amendola/Keenan Allen/Terrance Williams..so all hit and miss lol, who should I try and trade for?

This question = make your own thread

the Lesean mccoy owner is 0-5 and also has david wilson and spiller and crap for wrs and i want to take advantage of the desperation... i own Jordan Cameron and Jason Witten and he has owen daniels who just went down...

should i trade I try for witten and sproles for shady? or trade cameron instead of witten with sproles or someones else? its 10 team ppr

Trade Witten and Chris Johnson for shady if you can get it. I have both Witten and Cameron also and I'm trying to move Witten after his good week. I'd even throw in deandre hopkins if that helps the deal. Or replace Chris Johnson with Bell. I'd also consider moving Newton with Amendola for a better QB (Stafford and Brady are kinda cheap right now).

10 team 1.0 PPR league $150

QB Matt Stafford or Tom Brady

RB Doug Martin, TB

RB Lesean McCoy

WR Dez Bryant, Dal

WR AJ Green, Cin

TE Jordan Cameron, Cle

FLEX Darren Sproles, NO

D/ST Bears D/ST

K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak

That looks like a pretty stacked lineup to me. Top 5 QB. Shady is a top 3 RB and martin should be top 5, top 10 at worst. Dez and Green are now (Goodbye Julio) both top 3 WRs. Sproles is one of top flex options and Cameron should finish as a top 5 TE.

Just saying, as an honest person trying to give input, I have to just say that if the person with McCoy accepted that, desperation or not, he would be foolish given you're in a TEN TEAM league, and McCoy is a top-5 back, top-3 in PPR easily and I may only put him behind Charles despite the Eagles struggles this year.

(ALSO, I want to right away note: I am not one of these people who will say the NFL forum has gone to hell, say, compared to the MLB forums, but some of these posters need to temper their expectations with their suggestions or ideas... an example being, I'd like to "HIR" when I put "WHIR," but when my replies to my threads are so outlandish or make no sense and seem like they were coin-flip picks, I don't even bother... I won't lie.... if I get bad advice, why blow my time? I'll reply to a random thread in there instead that actually needs replies and doesn't have people replying to other posts just to bump their thread or get a reply, but I do digress on my initial point just a bit here.. ;))

If you truly want to try for McCoy and not piss the other manager off, as I sure know in my 14-team league where guys like Joique Bell have strong outlooks each week as the backup due to our settings if I got that trade, I'd be a little offended myself (let alone in a 10-team league)..... you need to offer Cameron here. Witten is good, yeah, but Cameron is this year's breakout TE and I'd put him at #2 behind only Graham until I/we see how well Gronkowski comes back and contributes, how his recovery holds up, etc. He has had a lot of surgery & injury issues over the past few years and I would worry a bit about his all-around agility, and the chances of him tweaking something (and that it's probably very possible) if he tries to pump it 100% and can't quite do it yet... I would not be surprised in the least if he aggravated something, but that is just me (and me going off the fact that he has been injured a ton over the past few seasons, productivity or not).

Also, I want to clarify I was referring to C.J. 1.2k and not Sproles. I would not (well, I don't know, I don't think I would... but in PPR, Shady is worth a lot, despite how much I like Cameron, it would boil down to my hatred of CJ2k so I would want Sproles, but if your league isn't PPR, maybe CJ is worth more— I guess I might be in the wrong, but truthfully, I'd NEVER accept Sproles or CJ <but especially CJ> and Witten for McCoy..... I wouldn't touch CJ anyway. Especially in a 10-team league, I would be shocked if that passed.

Now, Sproles for Cameron, and that is something worth considering (for the other GM) and if you are comfortable with whoever would replace Cameron (Witten, I assume, and I wasn't knocking him above but simply expressing the value difference IMO between Cameron & Witten this season, and with Chudz in CLE and being a known TE guru, I don't expect the good times to stop unless of an injury with Cameron— toss in the rumors of Gordon being dealt, which is very believable when you look at the front office's willingness to make surprise/outlandish moves on a whim this season (Williams, deal, Hoyer @ QB, probably some more stuff). Gordon's value is probably as high as it will get until he gets hurt again too. I wouldn't be in the least bit shocked, and the Niners (if that is the rumored team and it has any steam) should easily have the draft picks to spare in order to get it done, I believe.

So I would definitely say Cameron's value is going to stay the same, and if anything, he may see an increase in targets if Gordon is dealt. I would only entertain an offer of Sproles & Cameron if I am dealing a 2 or 3 RB in McCoy, but that's just me. It is also PPR-related, but even so, I wouldn't touch Chris Johnson and I like Cameron's value and upside for the ROS so much more than Witten's.

Is Torry Smith a legit buy high?

was Offered Torry Smith for Cameron(still have Bennett too)

...In need of a 3 wr(BMarsh,Amendola and Thompkins, next best is Baldwin)

thoughts?

Following buy low and buy high just went thru in my league.

Doug martin and Steve smith for Cruz and McGhee

Ray rice for MJD and Try Hilton.

Ridley Buy Low?

I'd really just stay away from that backfield unless you're desperate.

Boldin is most definitely a sell high IMO. If you can get something good for him or use him as a high level throw in to push a close deal through, do that ASAP!

Boldin is most definitely a sell high IMO. If you can get something good for him or use him as a high level throw in to push a close deal through, do that ASAP!

Boldin has been incredibly inconsistent this year, and had 4 points last week in a PPR. I'm not exactly sure how he's a sell high this week.

Sell high - B. Jacobs if you got 'em and someone else is hurting for RB in a standard league.

I would sell high on Harry Douglas if he has a good game this weekend.

Boldin has been incredibly inconsistent this year, and had 4 points last week in a PPR. I'm not exactly sure how he's a sell high this week.

Sell high - B. Jacobs if you got 'em and someone else is hurting for RB in a standard league.

I would sell high on Harry Douglas if he has a good game this weekend.

I'd sell Boldin for pretty much anything of value, or again use him as a throw in a 3 for 2 type deal if you're in a deep league.

The Falcons are on a bye.

I play dynasty this year but here is mine:

Buy-Low:

Andre Johnson

DeAndre Hopkins

Gronk

Ben Tate

Ryan Tannehill

Sell-High:

Mike Wallace- he may not top 100 yards much more this season.

Charles Clay- I am still not convinced

BJGE - The time to sell this guy was in April.

Larry Fitzgerald - Sorry Larry, Carson Palmer is just that bad.

Eric Decker- I only say this because you could probably get a WR1 on some team for a WR3/4 on the Broncos. If you get less than that then just don't do it.

Sell high on Fitz while you can.

If you can still buy low on Ridley, do it. Though I think that time has passed.