Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kittenmittons

Buy Low/Sell High 2013

Sell high on Fitz while you can.

If you can still buy low on Ridley, do it. Though I think that time has passed.

I agree with you on Fitz but not as much on Ridley. This was the guy we saw competing for snaps with BJGE last year..... What's your pitch on ridley? Just based off playing time?

I agree with you on Fitz but not as much on Ridley. This was the guy we saw competing for snaps with BJGE last year..... What's your pitch on ridley? Just based off playing time?

1200 yd and 12 tds. thats the pitch.

I'd consider James Jones somewhat of a buy-low, simply because he's banged up himself. But with Cobb probably out for the rest of the fantasy season and Jones a question mark from day #1 (with last season for him, in a lot of people's eyes, a complete fluke. fueling the argument that he's unlikely to hold much more than WR3 value tops for the ROS or this year), he probably isn't worth his draft day value at this point even, and it was pretty low anyway. Owners are likely to unload him at the first decent deal...

I think Jones, in lieu of the injury (albeit much less severe than Cobb's) that he suffered himself, is going to be a guy owners are looking to unload. If you can get him for a very cheap deal or a type of player who is simply a short-term fill-in, running on fumes, I woulf consider making a pitch; Lacy or not, the Packers still have Aaron Rodgers and are going to throw the ball, plain and simple. And with Cobb out, everyone's value takes a slight bump up— and that includes Jones. But since he is coming off of a game he was knocked from, and is lower on the totem pole despite his monster year in 2012, I think he could be had for very cheap in a trade (and there's a slight chance a trigger-happy owner dropped him when there were rumors floating on talk radio & stuff that his season was in major doubt, etc.) and is worth the gamble if he looks like he's going to suit up for this upcoming game Sunday.... or even if he misses a week, hell.. that would only make him cheaper.

Anyone think Ray Rice is a buy low? I was going to offer (Julio Jones owner) either Lamar Miller or Le'Veon Bell and Harry Douglas?

Is it about time to buy low on Chris Johnson or stay all the way away? You couldn't feel good about starting him this week and he has the bye next week, but then the schedule FINALLY lightens up for him with the likes of St. Louis and Jax right after the bye, and Jax in Week 16. I'm thinking I can pair him with Lamar Miller to possibly form some sort of week to week committee at RB2.

Is it about time to buy low on Chris Johnson or stay all the way away? You couldn't feel good about starting him this week and he has the bye next week, but then the schedule FINALLY lightens up for him with the likes of St. Louis and Jax right after the bye, and Jax in Week 16. I'm thinking I can pair him with Lamar Miller to possibly form some sort of week to week committee at RB2.

I'm trying to buy low on him, maybe it's because I own him in my keeper league and just wanna suffer, lol.

Obviously Dwayne Bowe is a buy low right now, but is he worth stashing?

Obviously Dwayne Bowe is a buy low right now, but is he worth stashing?

No. Alex Smith is good for KC, but terrible for Bowe.

1200 yd and 12 tds. thats the pitch.

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not realize ridley did that much. He is certainly not on pace for 12 touchdowns but 1200 is obtainable.

I wouldn't. The only keepers I am extremely high on in Tennesee are Jake Locker,Kendall Wright, and Justin Hunter.

Sell high, Keenan Allen. Though you may want to hold onto him. He looks like the real deal.

Just as an aside - Fitz is the #10/11 WR in most leagues. This is with a guy who has both hammy's not 100%. Playing the tougher half of his schedule. Week 16 @ Seattle is really his only scary matchup left; Granted he plays Seattle this week, but, historically, they're not as hot on the road he has a shot

If he makes it to his bye without further injury, I think his trade value will be highest before the deadline

With Cobb out till at least week 15 I need a new wr which one should I go for, that's probably a buy low? Should I go for fitz? My roster is below

Sold Allen for Douglas I feel ript off now smh

Sold Allen for Orange Thomas (JT)

allen for thomas ? what league do you play in? lol thats terrible i hope the owner had graham or gonzo

My Woodhead and Mike Wallace for Ray Rice? 12 Team Yahoo Standard

Record (5-1)

QB: Stafford

WR: Dez Bryant, Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace

RB: Spiller, Woodhead

TE: Cameron

K: Crosby

DEF: Kansas City

Bench:

WR: Reuben Randle, Vincent Brown

RB: Demarco Murray, Ryan Mathews, Zac Stacy,

QB: Terrelle Pryor

Anyone think Ray Rice is a buy low? I was going to offer (Julio Jones owner) either Lamar Miller or Le'Veon Bell and Harry Douglas?

For what it's worth depending on my team depth, how deep the league itself is and how many starting slots we have, I'd probably bite on a Douglas/Bell offer if I owned Rice.

allen for thomas ? what league do you play in? lol thats terrible i hope the owner had graham or gonzo

The name/on paper value is pretty bad, but I kind of like it depending on who his other TE is. I'm an Allen believer. He has the physical tools and route running ability matched with Rivers arm and vote of confidence and seems to be Rivers favorite receiver. Really regretting blowing a bunch of my FAAB budget on Vincent Brown, Allen is legit.

Don't get me wrong, Brown actually looked really good vs. the Colts, but it's apparent Rivers is just going to constantly force things to Allen that game and in the 2 or 3 weeks prior he still got Allen the ball when Brown and Gates were getting theirs.

Keep 2 for the rest of the year....Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace or Reuben Randle? (Standard Scoring)

Brown for sure. I'd go Randle after that, if Nicks gets traded he's going to be a beast.

Aaron Rodgers would be a pretty good buy low. He hasn't quite done the same thing he did last year and with his WRs ailing, people are already giving up on him. He's an elite QB, one of the 4 you can safely say that about. If people want to dump him, feel free to steal him.

Aaron Rodgers would be a pretty good buy low. He hasn't quite done the same thing he did last year and with his WRs ailing, people are already giving up on him. He's an elite QB, one of the 4 you can safely say that about. If people want to dump him, feel free to steal him.

I've tried in 2 leagues and gotten laughed at. And I made really legit offers IMHO as well. He's one of those guys like an Adrian Peterson that people overvalue big time. Like I get it, they're great and consistent and always can go absolutely ham, but some people treat them like mythical creatures lol.

I've tried in 2 leagues and gotten laughed at. And I made really legit offers IMHO as well. He's one of those guys like an Adrian Peterson that people overvalue big time. Like I get it, they're great and consistent and always can go absolutely ham, but some people treat them like mythical creatures lol.

Haha. That is very true. The guy I finally managed to steal him from a owner who originally wanted me to give him Dez, Blackmon, Spiller and Luck for Rodgers, MJD and Bowe. It took a while but I finally got him for a deal I felt comfortable with.