Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kittenmittons

Buy Low/Sell High 2013

CJK has a cake schedule the rest of the year. He is not a top ten running back but he definitely be a nice top 15 or top 20 running back by years end with the cake schedule he has lined up. His numbers have not actually been that bad compared to the tough schedule he has had so far, scoring around eight or nine point most games. Think about it, he will be facing Jacksonville and St Louis and some other bad team coming up the rest of the way. I would buy low now and throw something at the owner while you still can, I know I am going too

are you guys buying low on Doug Martin now?

I've actually tried to buy somewhat high on Martin and got stonewalled by two different owners. Meanwhile, I can't give Spiller away.

Buy Low Roddy White?

I dont know if i would do this, depends on the makeup of your team. if you are 5-1 and have some depth and want to take a shot in the dark at a difference maker down the stretch then yeah. If you are 3-3 or 2-4 and need a difference maker now then I wouldnt be looking at him. He likely wont be effective for another few weeks and the injuries could linger all season. I give it about a 50/50 shot that you get 5-6 good weeks out of him down the stretch, and if you are eyeing the playoffs that might be an attractive risk to take.

Aaron Rodgers would be a pretty good buy low. He hasn't quite done the same thing he did last year and with his WRs ailing, people are already giving up on him. He's an elite QB, one of the 4 you can safely say that about. If people want to dump him, feel free to steal him.

I've tried in 2 leagues and gotten laughed at. And I made really legit offers IMHO as well. He's one of those guys like an Adrian Peterson that people overvalue big time. Like I get it, they're great and consistent and always can go absolutely ham, but some people treat them like mythical creatures lol.

Exactly. Which is why you probably want him. ;)

Where do you reckon Fred Jackson's trade value is at right now?

I've actually tried to buy somewhat high on Martin and got stonewalled by two different owners. Meanwhile, I can't give Spiller away.

I have Doug Martin and Lamar miller on my team and to be honest, I'm about ready to get rid of both of them... Best case scenario is I package them both after they have good weeks (that's the main problem: they need to have good weeks at the SAME time) and I hope to get a stud RB like foster, or mccoy.. The owners of those guys in my league have depth problems so I'm confident they'd at least entertain the idea..

It's not that I don't believe in these guy's talents, I definitely do.. It's just that it's so easy for the gameplan of running the ball to fall apart on their respective teams when they start losing or in Miller's case, if his first two carries don't go for 5-10 yards then the dolphins are just like 'i guess it's not his week' and stop giving him the ball.. so annoying

I have Doug Martin and Lamar miller on my team and to be honest, I'm about ready to get rid of both of them... Best case scenario is I package them both after they have good weeks (that's the main problem: they need to have good weeks at the SAME time) and I hope to get a stud RB like foster, or mccoy.. The owners of those guys in my league have depth problems so I'm confident they'd at least entertain the idea..

It's not that I don't believe in these guy's talents, I definitely do.. It's just that it's so easy for the gameplan of running the ball to fall apart on their respective teams when they start losing or in Miller's case, if his first two carries don't go for 5-10 yards then the dolphins are just like 'i guess it's not his week' and stop giving him the ball.. so annoying

I'd be stunned if you got either of McCoy or Foster for Martin and Miller, those two are pretty much locks to be in the top 5 ROS RB's.

This is why Martin is called hard to move by so many Martin owners, because they still feel he's worth a lot just cause you guys took him top 5 overall.

I've turned down straight up offers of Martin for Moreno in 2 different leagues already this year.

Aaron Rodgers would be a pretty good buy low. He hasn't quite done the same thing he did last year and with his WRs ailing, people are already giving up on him. He's an elite QB, one of the 4 you can safely say that about. If people want to dump him, feel free to steal him.

I've tried in 2 leagues and gotten laughed at. And I made really legit offers IMHO as well. He's one of those guys like an Adrian Peterson that people overvalue big time. Like I get it, they're great and consistent and always can go absolutely ham, but some people treat them like mythical creatures lol.

If you saw some of the offers I sent out that not only were turned down, but I got nasty comments back in the comments section as well, you'd be stunned.

I don't even necessarily think Rodgers is worth overpaying for, but I tried to anyway, kind of glad these offers were turned down in hindsight, I'm banking they would have made my team significantly weaker ROS.

Yup. I don't see how Rodgers is any more of a sell-high or buy-low than he would be any other time....

I have gotten some horrible offers for him, personally. By season's end I'd be surprise ed if anyone not named Drew Brees or Peyton Manning were ranked above him at #3, and he could probably still be the #2 QB by season's end. I don't think Cobb is going to cripple his value. They were never this deep at WR in what I suppose would be considered his career year....so I don't think this is going to be a huge setback.

Roddy White, as for him? I don't think it hurts to buy-low, since most of his owners would just be looking to unload him by now.... I know in the league i didn't act quick enough, I'd love to get him outta town... but no one would give me anything worth half a damn at this point. That said, if you think the owner of White in your league will trade him cheap and without a ton of offer exchange (since IMO he is not worth it, the trouble I mean), then toss them an offer. It's not a horrible buy-low but I wouldn't expect much from him..... he is this year's Greg Jennings, in my mind.

Yeah I dunno. I've seen him go for less than I would have expected in some leagues and of course in others, people holding strong with him. Just like anything fantasy, just depends on the buyer/seller.

Re: Martin- I think I sold low-ish on him. Traded him or Gronk. And I feel great about it, hated starting him and watching him eeeek out points 3 yards at a time.

Re: Martin- I think I sold low-ish on him. Traded him or Gronk. And I feel great about it, hated starting him and watching him eeeek out points 3 yards at a time.

I'd say you sold high.

I'd say you sold high.

Trading a [low-end] rb1 for the injury-riddled Gronk is something I think I would never do.

I'd say you sold high.

Trading a [low-end] rb1 for the injury-riddled Gronk is something I think I would never do.

He hasn't been a low end RB1 though. Martin has been a middle of the pack RB2.

I'd say you sold high.

ROS I think he'll be a low end RB1. He's Doug Martin. He'll be fine. Younger guys tend to get it going as the season goes on too. There's only like 10 backs I'd rather have. Especially now that Glennon looks alright. He's gonna have a couple monster games too.

I'd say you sold high.

ROS I think he'll be a low end RB1. He's Doug Martin. He'll be fine. Younger guys tend to get it going as the season goes on too. There's only like 10 backs I'd rather have. Especially now that Glennon looks alright. He's gonna have a couple monster games too.

Yeah he might bounce back, I wouldn't be shocked, but if Gronk is healthy he's a guy who will turn a middle of the pack team into a contender and a crap team into one that could squeak into the playoffs and of course a top team into nearly unbeatable.

For me personally, there are 13 backs I definitely would take over him for the ROS and 6 that would be a tossup for me though.

What do you guys think about Andre Johnson? Obviously we're all worried with the trash fire that is the Houston QB situation, but he's been able to produce a couple decent games amidst the turbulence, even without a single TD. And, he's still getting all kinds of targets.

And while we're at it, what about VJax? I think it's a little early to come up with any kind of verdict yet, but he's in a similar situation.

Just traded Doug Martin & Kembrell Thompkins for LeSean McCoy & Sidney Rice.

Don't know if I made a good trade or not..

Of course you did LOL

What do you guys think about Andre Johnson? Obviously we're all worried with the trash fire that is the Houston QB situation, but he's been able to produce a couple decent games amidst the turbulence, even without a single TD. And, he's still getting all kinds of targets.

And while we're at it, what about VJax? I think it's a little early to come up with any kind of verdict yet, but he's in a similar situation.

I'd buy low on either. Would be wary of buying fair. Absolutely not buying high.

On the other hand, I'd sell them fair depending on the specific player or package, but wouldn't sell low unless it was a sleeper I loved for them which would just be perceived as selling low.

Last week to buy low on Brady.... I am going after him specially with Cutler down for me.

Anyone selling Vjax high and what is high for him?

if i had vjax, id hang on tight. you dont find WRs that are targeted 22 times too often. theyll be behind and throwing often as well.