Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kittenmittons

Buy Low/Sell High 2013

Think of selling high on Vernon Davis. Once Manningham and Crabtree return I see his targets and RZ opportunities taking a big hit. Just not sure of his value. Was offered Bell/Fitz for Davis/Edelman but then I have to get a TE2 off of WW.

Which Bell? And I think Davis will do well, even with those guys coming back, so I wouldnt take it unless you need Fitz and (Le'veon?) Bell.

Think of selling high on Vernon Davis. Once Manningham and Crabtree return I see his targets and RZ opportunities taking a big hit. Just not sure of his value. Was offered Bell/Fitz for Davis/Edelman but then I have to get a TE2 off of WW.

manningham is a non factor imo. i think boldin is the one whos value takes a hit with the return of crabtree

Is Chris Johnson a buy-low, sell-high, or neither?

Def buy-low. He just doesn't seem to have any kind of pep in his step. Whatever happened during his 2000 yard campaign, sapped him of his desire to run hard anymore. He's better than a Ivory or MJD or Stacy at the moment, but that's about it.

Why would you buy-low if that's your opinion of the guy?

manningham is a non factor imo. i think boldin is the one whos value takes a hit with the return of crabtree

From what I've heard, Boldin's problem is actually that defenses dont have to respect the other side of the field, and having someone competent opposite him would be a good thing, but who knows.

Which one is a better buy-low target - TRich or Ray Rice? Need to upgrade @ RB & I think both are available...

Which one is a better buy-low target - TRich or Ray Rice? Need to upgrade @ RB & I think both are available...

I wouldn't want either.

Buy low on Torrey Smith? His last two games have been bad, and he is now on BYE...good chance his owner isn't real happy with him right now and you can maybe snag him for real cheap.

Is Chris Johnson a buy-low, sell-high, or neither?

Def buy-low. He just doesn't seem to have any kind of pep in his step. Whatever happened during his 2000 yard campaign, sapped him of his desire to run hard anymore. He's better than a Ivory or MJD or Stacy at the moment, but that's about it.

Why would you buy-low if that's your opinion of the guy?

He's got a pretty soft rest of the year. Jaguars twice, Oakland, Rams and Houston. Good for fill ins/matchups. Jaguars and Houston final two games of the year. Very nice for playoffs/championships.

I would sell high on Orange Julius. I think he can't keep up his TD based production.

Rice fo sho

I'm selling AP high as well as witten. I'm aiming to package witten and a wr for a te upgrade. I'm trying to move ap for a top 5 rb.

I would sell high on Orange Julius. I think he can't keep up his TD based production.

As long as Manning is his QB, he can.

Nate Washington's ROS is cake, and Locker came back recently. If he isn't on waivers, I'd see if his owner will take junk for him.

A few sell-highs and buy-lows for every position:

QB - Sell high - brady(based just off name and past) and Romo. Buy-low - Jake Locker - his numbers when healthy are awesome!

RB - Sell high - Frank Gore , DeAngelo Williams, and Ryan Matthews. Buy-low - Darren Sproles and T-rich.(if you're a believer)

WR- Sell high: DHB and Victor Cruz. Buy-low - Cecil Shorts and Denarius Moore.

TE: Sell-high: Jordan Reed and Jordan Cameron. Buy-low: Jared Cook ( new QB almost always uses safety-net TE)

Danerius moore a buy low?

Also, i think this may be a middle for jordan reed, he needs 1-2 more good weeks in the next 3 to sell high

And jared cook....? Seriously, as a cook owner he blows

Danerius moore a buy low?

Also, i think this may be a middle for jordan reed, he needs 1-2 more good weeks in the next 3 to sell high

And jared cook....? Seriously, as a cook owner he blows

Just throwing some names out there. I would sell someone like Rudolph for Cook. That is why he is a buy-low. Reed got sold for ray rice in my league...... so I think you are wrong once again there. Lastly, Denarius Moore is a buy-low, not due to production but you may be able to get him for a few underperformers.

Thanks tho.

Buying Rice with Reed would be selling "eh"

And I agree with your buy low sell high list except Brady and Cook. I think Brady is a buy low. Cook is a drop, imo (a new, crappy QB won't be able to get the ball to anyone)

Buy low on AP if it hasn't already been spoken.

Don't think Nate is going to win any leagues

That's why I said to give junk for him. If you play him one week as a flex fill-in it could be worth your time.

Don't think Nate is going to win any leagues

That's why I said to give junk for him. If you play him one week as a flex fill-in it could be worth your time.

Agreed, people don't understand that somewhat Average players that are currently buy-lows can be gotten for dirt cheap and do your team some good.

Translation: I don't think he will be consistent enough to say "ah I feel so much better I'm starting Nate over someone I could grab off waivers and I know he'll really help my team"

I guess we'll see

I would sell Djax right now if anyone will pay top 10 WR value for him. Granted, in a PPR he may be ok....but the shuffling of QBs is quite frustrating. I also think McCoy could be unloaded to the right buyer

Translation: I don't think he will be consistent enough to say "ah I feel so much better I'm starting Nate over someone I could grab off waivers and I know he'll really help my team"

I guess we'll see

I agree somewhat, I would take Jarrett Boykin or Marvin Jones over Washington off the top of my head.... but then again I am in a dynasty league so I would never consider Nate.

Any ideas on who to target or give up if I know im going to the playoffs?

I think Shane Vereen will play a big roll in the pats pass offense, I think Brady really misses Woodhead.