Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ss3walkman

NFL 2013 Trade Deadline Outlook

78 posts in this topic

Just wanted to start a thread for this years trade deadline. It's October, so it's only a few weeks away.

List players who you ACTUALLY think will be traded and who/how the trade will effect.

I'll start..

Steven Ridley - BB seems to be in love with Blount right now. Apparently Ridley is suffering some kind of unspecific knee injury. If he sits, more carries and showcase for Blount and perhaps seize the job. They'll take a draft pick for Ridley.

Mark Ingram - He's not happy with his role and has made it clear that he wants out.

One of STL RB's - They have 4 in rotation. Richardson is a possibility.

Kenny Britt - He wants out. Shame.. I remember when I had him on my fantasy team when he started the season going blow for blow with Megatron.

Josh Freeman - He won't end the season with TB.

I think there is a chance Cleveland could ship Greg Little, not sure where though. I think Gordon stays, especially since they are 2-0 since his return and the switch to Hoyer.

Maybe Britt ends up in DET? With Burleson out, they need someone to start opposite Megatron.

I think there is a chance Cleveland could ship Greg Little, not sure where though. I think Gordon stays, especially since they are 2-0 since his return and the switch to Hoyer.

Maybe Britt ends up in DET? With Burleson out, they need someone to start opposite Megatron.

Maybe the defending champs go after Britt. Britt would be a great replacement on Boldin

My dark horse trade deadline surprise: Hakeem Nicks.

If my G-Men continue this downward spiral I can see them shopping Nicks' expiring contract before the deadline. If they can get some decent value in return I can see them shipping him off & having Reuben Randle take over his role.

1 person likes this

I'd be ecstatic if Ridley gets traded, although I think Belichick would be certifiably insane to believe Blount could carry them.

I'd be ecstatic if Ridley gets traded, although I think Belichick would be certifiably insane to believe Blount could carry them.

It would be far more likely that Blount would get traded than Ridley. Neither one is likely to be traded but I'd think there's zero chance the Pats would trade Ridley.

It would be far more likely that Blount would get traded than Ridley. Neither one is likely to be traded but I'd think there's zero chance the Pats would trade Ridley.

Really? I think they could trade Ridley and be just fine with Bolden, Vereen and Ridley. They're great at finding diamonds in the rough and I'm sure they would in the draft next year.

Maybe the defending champs go after Britt. Britt would be a great replacement on Boldin

Probably nothing more than opinion, but a host on Sirius NFL radio mentioned that Britt to New England would make a good fit.

Is it realistic to think Ingram would be moved and would anyone trust him as a 1/2 down back if he was? Doubtful to both. Saints could have traded Ivory last year in a similar situation and did not.

Is it realistic to think Ingram would be moved and would anyone trust him as a 1/2 down back if he was? Doubtful to both. Saints could have traded Ivory last year in a similar situation and did not.

Guess the difference here is that he's been vocal about wanting a trade

Not necessarily the Giants' style, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nicks goes for a 2nd round pick.

You meant 2nd from last? No team will be willing to waste a 2nd pick for an injury prone project who becomes a free agent this year. Even the Browns would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder if they traded Josh Gordon.

I would say 4th is about the best, probably 5th is fair.

1 person likes this

That's not what I read... Source? Everything I read says he denies that rumor.

That's not what I read... Source? Everything I read says he denies that rumor.

So apparently you just answered your own question

Since the deadline is around the corner I thought it might be time to start a thread.

Does anyone think that the Patriots would try to acquire Justin Blackmon or MJD before the trade deadline? Brady needs a receiver and the running game has not been anything to write home about.

I think the most likely high profile player that gets traded is Hakeem Nicks. Giants are toast, Nick is almost guaranteed to walk after the season in FA, Giants might be able to get something for him before the deadline.

But in all likelihood it is the NFL and the Trich trade is probably far and above the most impactful one all season.

I think the most likely high profile player that gets traded is Hakeem Nicks. Giants are toast, Nick is almost guaranteed to walk after the season in FA, Giants might be able to get something for him before the deadline.

But in all likelihood it is the NFL and the Trich trade is probably far and above the most impactful one all season.

Agreed. I wouldn't count on any decent trades occurring before the trade deadline. Unless the Rams or Dolphins do something to improve their offensive line pronto. At the skills position, we will probably see a special teams player/4th/5th WR be sent somewhere. But, I would be surprised if any fantasy relevant player in 10 or 12 team leagues is traded before the deadline.

Legatron gets traded to the Pats, becomes their #1 WR.

1 person likes this

Falcons Giants Browns and Jaguars have the most trade potential

hopefully MJD gets traded.

jags are not going to resign a guy at his stage of his career for the money he would demannd. Get some more picks.

Blackmon is going nowhere fools he is one of the guys to bulid around.

Someone please trade for Kenny Britt. Detroit and Philly, I'm talking to you.

Nicks makes a ton of sense too. Makes Randle a nice stash for now.

Posted · Hidden by Timmah!, October 12, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

A similar thread was created a couple weeks ago. Probably should merge the two.