Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

Yahoo Question

How do u know how many games u and ur opponent have played in total for each week in H2H?

I mean Im sure u can add it manually but is there an easier way.

How do u know how many games u and ur opponent have played in total for each week in H2H?

I mean Im sure u can add it manually but is there an easier way.

I was wondering the same thing the other day man. Don't think there's a way other than manually though. Just gotta take the time and look at the schedule. It's definitely a factor in leagues that set their lineups weekly as opposed to daily.

Yahoo is so corny for basketball. Seriously how can they not have something like that for H2H play. Secondly in baseball they have a tab "Tools" that has some good info in there like the most added and dropped player stats. I find it interesting and at times helpful.......they dont have that for basketball. Their stat tracker for basketball doesnt give u updated standings in it either.

WTF man I mean really. Poor job on the part of the Yahoo team.

Manually adding is the only way, besides, there's really no point to keep track of it. Unless it's one of your categories.

I hate the Stattracker as well.

Manually adding is the only way, besides, there's really no point to keep track of it. Unless it's one of your categories.

I hate the Stattracker as well.

There is a point, I'll explain..........

U get done playing a team u lost in Assists by like 15, u might be tempted to go out and trade for a PG. So u do........next week u play another team and win Assists by 40 but lose Blocks by 10 cause u dealt ur big man for a pg.

Meanwhile truth is that during the first week he had 10 more games played than u and of those 10 five were by his PGs. U would have beaten him in Assists if games played were even but now u upset the balance of ur team by trading Blocks.

Make sense.

U get done playing a team u lost in Assists by like 15, u might be tempted to go out and trade for a PG. So u do........next week u play another team and win Assists by 40 but lose Blocks by 10 cause u dealt ur big man for a pg.

Meanwhile truth is that during the first week he had 10 more games played than u and of those 10 five were by his PGs. U would have beaten him in Assists if games played were even but now u upset the balance of ur team by trading Blocks.

Make sense.

Well situations like that always come into play when dealing, it'll balance itself out over the season. But what you intially said is indeed a factor, like I mentioned in leagues that set a weekly lineup. That 1 or 2 more games an individual has scheduled for the week can be a deciding factor.

Lot's of point to it and I wish Yahoo did.

They have always focused on roto over h2h. How come we cant see 06-07 averages only totals.

Yahoo is so corny for basketball. Seriously how can they not have something like that for H2H play. Secondly in baseball they have a tab "Tools" that has some good info in there like the most added and dropped player stats. I find it interesting and at times helpful.......they dont have that for basketball. Their stat tracker for basketball doesnt give u updated standings in it either.

WTF man I mean really. Poor job on the part of the Yahoo team.

to Yahoo Fantasy Basketball is a 3rd rate sport. we know better thoughh.

Make sense.

I focus my player's per game numbers instead totals so that I won't put myself in a situation you described. I can't control how many games they play, I can only control who I want on my team. This week, Felton was out for 1 and a half games so I only got 7 assist out of him and lost assists, but am I going to go out and get another PG? No, because he will get me somewhere around 25-30 assists most weeks. Some weeks guys will blow up and some they will give you nothing. It's still pretty early in the season anyway, some guys numbers can go down or go up from here on out.

Some weeks you just have to take a loss because your players had less games, especially during All-Star break. If I don't have enough games that week, I only start someone who will win me the % categories, and last year that was Wade.

to Yahoo Fantasy Basketball is a 3rd rate sport. we know better thoughh.

They definetly have a ton less people playing basketball than baseball. I mean in baseball on the East Coast u hafta wait til like 7:30am for ur trade to manually pass but in basketball its just after the turning of the fantasy day at 3:00am.

The obvious sign that FBA is third-best behind football and baseball is the fact they don't offer the plus version. Also, the old version of the tracker too, but I like it better than the FLB one, because that window isn't sizeable so you can't see everything at once. Give me no graphics and all the info over fancy pictures of half the story. Yahoo has slipped in fantasy sports, we've been screwed twice this year, and are seriously looking for a new vendor. It pains me to say it, but Y! Fantasy has lost its lustre.

The obvious sign that FBA is third-best behind football and baseball is the fact they don't offer the plus version. Also, the old version of the tracker too, but I like it better than the FLB one, because that window isn't sizeable so you can't see everything at once. Give me no graphics and all the info over fancy pictures of half the story. Yahoo has slipped in fantasy sports, we've been screwed twice this year, and are seriously looking for a new vendor. It pains me to say it, but Y! Fantasy has lost its lustre.

Their upgrades to the fantasy homepage suck too.

You get what you pay for (not talking about stattracker)!