Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

v0dka

Week 6 Waiver Wire Touts

Last week's "Waiver Wire Touts" thread can be found here.

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

With this threads relocation you may feel free to ask questions directly pertaining to your league and team situation and engage in discussion of ranking the players, who to add/drop etc.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past.

Week 6 Quick Hits:

QB Nick Foles - It took more than 17 quarters, but the 2013 injury bug has bitten Michael Vick (Who would've guessed?). Vick departed in the second quarter with a hamstring issue. Nick Foles took over and looked good, completing 16 of 25 passes for 197 yards and a pair of TDs.

RB Andre Ellington - Ellington totaled 83 yards on just 11 touches. He's getting better every week. It's just a matter of time before Ellington's touches go from 11 a game to around 20.

RB Zac Stacy - Stacy got the start Sunday in the Rams' backfield and performed well. He rushed for 78 yards on 14 carries before leaving with a rib injury. He'll be fine and will be the St. Louis' starter, at least for the short-term. He's got a tough schedule ahead (Houston, Carolina, Seattle, Tennessee and Indianapolis), so keep your expectations in check.

RB Roy Helu - With Morris maybe not yet 100% and Dallas struggling to cover running backs out of the backfield, Helu could make for a sneaky flex play this week in PPR formats.

WR Terrance Williams - If Austin can't go again on Sunday, Williams has another good matchup against a Washington defense that's giving up just under 300 yards passing a game.

TE Brandon Pettigrew - Pettigrew is inconsistent but with all of the Lions' injuries, he's worth an add in PPR leagues.

keenan allen's name is getting tossed around a lot in my league. pass first team. had a nice showing against the raiders.

Willis McGahee is 47% owned in Yahoo leagues. Not exciting, but if the Browns defense continues to keep games close then it looks like McGahee is in for a big workload, and he has been productive when healthy the last two years. I'd be interested in people's opinions about how he compares to Ellington and Stacy as possible pickups.

Ellington or stacy?

I think both of them have terrible offensive lines. Ellington seems to be more consistent because he is clearly the passing downs RB on a team that is going to be losing a lot. In PPR, I would go with Ellington but he is clearly capped as a very low end RB2 or decent flex. Neither has a good schedule either. Stacy does have the better chance at goal line carries in comparison to Ellington. Stacy seems like a guy who needs a TD to have flex value. It's the Rams and I don't know how often they will get short TD chances.

Garrett Graham... TE is thin. Could be worth a look if Daniels injury is more serious

This may be a little deep...But how about Harry Douglas?

News has broke that Julio Jones may be out for an extended period...or possibly the season...

And Roddy White is a shell of his former shelf...And may have a hamstring issue...

Doesn't leave much left at WR for the Falcons....

Jeffery, Stacy and Ellington are available in my league. Should I use my #1 waiver on any?

If that's your team in your sig, I'd go for Stacy. Bilal Powell is about to be phased out in NY, and you've already got S-Jax/Jaquizz, so Stacy will be a flex upgrade over the Black Unicorn. I'd try to get Jeffery too if possible - Bowe and now Andre look to be in QB purgatory, and Cecil Shorts and Denarius Moore, while decent, aren't the best tandem.

What are people's feelings on Jerome Simpson? If Ponder is out for Cassell or Freeman, that could be a good sign...

I agree. I picked him up last week while he was quietly on his bye. I hope to see good things from him, and I'm sure we will. If you have space on your bench, its worth looking into in my opinion.

Brandon Myers... so yea i desperatly need to pick up a better TE. Heath Miller, Rudolph, Pettigrew are all in our waivers. who is more valuable? I was thinking Miller bc him and ben have a good chemistry but now with Freeman going to the vikes i think Rudolphs value bumps up.

Brandon Myers... so yea i desperatly need to pick up a better TE. Heath Miller, Rudolph, Pettigrew are all in our waivers. who is more valuable? I was thinking Miller bc him and ben have a good chemistry but now with Freeman going to the vikes i think Rudolphs value bumps up.

I'd go Miller, surprised he's still available. Big Ben loves him and they don't have lot of other weapons.

My weekly flyers for week 6:

QB: Cutler - Giants are giving up the 3rd most points to QBs and Cutler loves to sling the ball around. I can't see the Giants slowing down Marshall or Alshon, he should be good for 300 yards and a couple TDs, even if the game is on thursday.

Sleeper QB: Glennon - The Eagles are giving up 330+ yards per game and 2+ TDs per game through the air. The Bucs have had 2 weeks to prepare and get Glennon on the same page as his WRs. He has VJax and Williams to throw to and Martin on a check down is a threat to break any play big. Plus the Bucs are going to have to score to keep up with the Eagles even if Vick is out.

RB: Stacy - Earned the starting job last week and looked good. Houston is actually a decent team to run on this year despite their reputation Houston has allowed 100+ yards per game and 1 TD per game to backs. CJ had the worst fantasy day of any lead back on them and he still had 10 points.

Sleeper RB: Scott - With Wilson out and Jacobs looking extremely ineffective against a soft Philly defense in his place Scott is someone who becomes an interesting play. Bears lost both their starting NT and his backup so they might be more vunerable to the run then usual. He should be in for a timeshare with Jacobs, and I like him to get the better end of it.

WR: Terrance Willams - Whats not to like here, if he is available he needs to be owned and started. He is getting opportunties with Austin out and Washington can't stop anyone.

Sleeper WR: Cotchery - He has quietly been off to a good year, putting up 10,5,5,16 points in standard leagues. Jets are tough on the run so the Steelers will be passing, and I am expecting Cromartie to take Brown, leaving Cotchery with a chance to make some plays against his former team.

TE: Garrett Graham - He was doing okay even when he was only playing on just 2 TE sets, now with Daniels gone for a couple weeks the opportunity is there. STL hasn't been what we expected it to be and they are in the bottom half at covering TEs.

Guest JimmyGs

What are people's feelings on Jerome Simpson? If Ponder is out for Cassell or Freeman, that could be a good sign...

I agree. I picked him up last week while he was quietly on his bye. I hope to see good things from him, and I'm sure we will. If you have space on your bench, its worth looking into in my opinion.

Also picked him up but will try to grab Keenan over him tonight.

Dropping Baltimore and maybe Bell for 2 free agents on the waiver wire. Which of these 2 should I bid on: G. Jennings, H. Douglas, G. Graham, Z. Stacy, V. Brown, R. Randle or K. Allen?

Dropping Baltimore and maybe Bell for 2 free agents on the waiver wire. Which of these 2 should I bid on: G. Jennings, H. Douglas, G. Graham, Z. Stacy, V. Brown, R. Randle or K. Allen?

I'd say Stacy

My league transactions when waivers cleared this morning (busy week!):

Garrett Graham Added, Dropped Chad Henne

Chad Henne Added, Dropped Jacquizz Rodgers

Matt Prater Added, Dropped David Akers

Willis McGahee Added, Dropped Bilial Powell

Coby Fleener Added, Dropped Michael Floyd

Robert Woods Added, Dropped Jason Snelling

NYJ D Added, Dropped BUF D

Blair Walsh Added, Nick Novak Dropped

Percy Harvin Added, Brian Hartline Dropped

CHI D Added, NE D Dropped