Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

perrynly

Speed up Trade Process on Yahoo

So I recently made a trade to obtain Brandon Marshall. However, I forgot that my settings on yahoo is league manager veto with a 2 day waiting period (I believe this is default). The trade will not go through until Friday. I would really like to have Marshall before the Thursday night game. Is there any way to speed up this trade process? I am the league commissioner, and I tried changing the amount of days to veto from 2 to 1, but I don't think that affects past trades.

You could but you shouldnt change rules in the middle of the season.

You can certainly make it work out.

I suggest not changing the rules unless you've spoken to your leaguemates and they are okay with it.

But you can veto the trade, then drop the player from his team and force-add it to your team. Then you can drop the players from your team, and force add it to his team.

This will obviously have the same effect as a trade...

True but when I thought when it said two days it was going to include this day and Wednesday and the trade would process on Thursday. Now the person I'm trading with gets to use Marshall on Thursday, and I can't use my players I traded away on Sunday (Romo and Fitzgerald). It's not a huge deal to me, but I feel like Tuesday and Wednesday is plenty of time for other managers to veto a trade.

Just had this same thing happen in one of my leagues. Commish sent out a messge to league asking on opinions to change voting time down to 1 day. He said if there were no objections he would make the changes starting this week. In your case since you are the one making the trade, I would send out a message to league and get their thoughts. If they say no you cant then thats that. If noone has a problem with it then force it through.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=381218

True but when I thought when it said two days it was going to include this day and Wednesday and the trade would process on Thursday. Now the person I'm trading with gets to use Marshall on Thursday, and I can't use my players I traded away on Sunday (Romo and Fitzgerald). It's not a huge deal to me, but I feel like Tuesday and Wednesday is plenty of time for other managers to veto a trade.

Your hardship really doesn't matter in the face of the rules.

If both teams really do want the trade then im sure you could have a plan in place where you wait til sunday night to make the deal, thus not losing out on any games.