Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w00funk

Tayshaun Prince

I have read in a few posts that Tayshaun's value sucks in fantasy. Do most of you think so?

I don't play roto leagues, but I would think that Tayshaun is pretty money in roto. Decent percentages, contributes in every category, low TO. Non-existant injury risk. Even in H2H, he blows up once in a while for a stat-stuffing line and helps out. He rarely hurts you. I would say he is comparable to Shane Battier, who many people seem to value.

I'm not saying Prince is a stud, but he is by no means a waiver wire material.

Pretty much. He's no stud, but he's definitely not a scrub. All of the Piston's starting 5 should be owned in 12-team or deeper leagues.

I have read in a few posts that Tayshaun's value sucks in fantasy. Do most of you think so?

I don't play roto leagues, but I would think that Tayshaun is pretty money in roto. Decent percentages, contributes in every category, low TO. Non-existant injury risk. Even in H2H, he blows up once in a while for a stat-stuffing line and helps out. He rarely hurts you. I would say he is comparable to Shane Battier, who many people seem to value.

I think people either really appreciate his production or think he's worthless...just like Shane Battier.

I am one of those guys that love players that give good %'s and low TO's. If your team has a lot of star power on it, then owning Battier/Prince type players is a must.

It all depends. In roto, Prince and Battier are valued more because they can help you accumulate stats over a period of time without hurting cats. In H2H, these guys are pretty much useless. If these guys are on, you get it good for the week but next week if they are off, you get screwed. With that being said, I have him on my team but I am seeing how he plays. He still can contribute some but if he isn't performing by weeks end, I might have to cut bait.