Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

z32tt_envy

Nate Robinson

Well, I'd like to pick up Nate Robinson as he now sounds promising but the only person in my lineup that I might be able to drop for him is Theo Ratliff whom I just picked up or Acie Law IV. I really don't want to get rid of Law but with Robinson now not having Marbury in the way even if he stays with the Knicks, he may get the minutes to out produce Law. What do you guys think?

Knicks' owner James Dolan recently met with Isiah Thomas to discuss limiting point guard Stephon Marbury's role; the Knicks might even try to trade him or buy him out.

Marbury's contract ($42 million over the next two seasons) precludes most trade options, so the Knicks would likely have to buy him out, making him a free agent. A change of address could work wonders for his fantasy value; if Marbury remains with the Knicks, however, his value takes a nosedive while Nate Robinson sees a tremendous boost, and will disappear quickly in all leagues. Nov. 13 - 6:41 am et

sorry, I kind of added my "assistant coach" question along with the breaking news about Marbury.

Why did Nate only play less than 5 minutes the last game?

Why did Nate only play less than 5 minutes the last game?

idk...I haven't followed that whole team at all. Just read this news and it sounds like even if Marbury plays for the Knicks the rest of the season, Robinson will get the bulk of the load from here on out.

Only thing I remember about this kid is that he has UPS!

nate was limited last game due to a strained quad!

nate was limited last game due to a strained quad!

Thanks for the info...

Is he worth pushing to go grab or wait until further reports? I don't want to be late on the trigger but then again, I have nobody to drop except for Bibby or Law.

You know one reason why the "limit MArbury's minutes " talk came up?

Because of the horrendous way he pretty much single handedly lost the game for the knicks against hte heat last week. His final 3 min sequence was, turnover, leaving Jwill WIDE open for a three, andn then jacking up an ill-fated 3 without looking for his teammates that sealed the deal.

You know one reason why the "limit MArbury's minutes " talk came up?

Because of the horrendous way he pretty much single handedly lost the game for the knicks against hte heat last week. His final 3 min sequence was, turnover, leaving Jwill WIDE open for a three, andn then jacking up an ill-fated 3 without looking for his teammates that sealed the deal.

I am thinking there is a lot of behind the scenes things going on between marbury and management if the Knicks are willing to buy out Marbury's contract and make him a FA. I think it has been held a secret for a while and it is all about to come out in the media because NY is going to want an answer for the managements decision.

I am thinking there is a lot of behind the scenes things going on between marbury and management if the Knicks are willing to buy out Marbury's contract and make him a FA. I think it has been held a secret for a while and it is all about to come out in the media because NY is going to want an answer for the managements decision.

Marbury has been a defensive liability. That is the issue. He allowed Jameer Nelson to roast him. Then allowed Jason Williams to score a few times during the Heat game due to basically playing no D whatsoever. I don't think Nate is the answer though because he is too short to be considered a serious defender.

so........now Nate Robinson is a PG ??

LOL

nate robinson has shown flashes, but he's prolly an even worse PG than starbury.

i'd wait to see what marbury's minutes look like the next couple of games.

Marbury has been a defensive liability. That is the issue.

marbury's actually a liability on both ends. he makes terrible decisions on both ends of the floor. him and steve francis are one in the same. neither of em can think on their feet. im glad to see both of those guys getting phased out the league.

Starbury just needs a change of scenery.. I bet, if he gets bought out and goes to a contender he'll put up above average numbers, not great, but above average.

I remember Mardy Collins played very well at the end of last season, so I would think he'd get PT, too. I would wait until that situation is sorted out.

Starbury just needs a change of scenery.. I bet, if he gets bought out and goes to a contender he'll put up above average numbers, not great, but above average.

what contender would want marbury?

Send Marbury and Lee to Sac for Artest and Bibby! I can dream, right? B)

I remember Mardy Collins played very well at the end of last season, so I would think he'd get PT, too. I would wait until that situation is sorted out.

YEs! Return of my super sleeper. He was a beast during the last weeks of the season. If Starbury goes I would not be surprised at all to see Mardy manning the point and Nate resuming his role as a spark off the bench.

Send Marbury and Lee to Sac for Artest and Bibby! I can dream, right? B)

hmm... that trade almost makes too much sense.

I think Jamal Crawford's value will be boosted if Marbury is phased out. Don't forget, he's a good ball handler (but also suspect decision maker) that the Bulls played at PG for a couple seasons.

I doubt very much that Nate would be asked to lead the team.

Crawford is the guy who seems to make the most sense with Balkman,F.Jones or M.Collins starting alongside him at SG.

marbury's actually a liability on both ends. he makes terrible decisions on both ends of the floor. him and steve francis are one in the same. neither of em can think on their feet. im glad to see both of those guys getting phased out the league.

Marbury has had some decent offensive games this season. His D has been pretty awful though.

Marbury has had some decent offensive games this season. His D has been pretty awful though.

putting up decent numbers isnt synonymous with being a good PG and making good decisions. he was called out after the MIA game cuz of his terrible decision making on both ends. steph is just a dumb player, its been the same story with him since he first came to the league. hes just like francis. hes not quite the physical freak that he once was, but he was never smart enough to adapt his game. he has no veteran savvy or bball IQ to fall back on now that hes gotten older. his inability to think the game is even more glaring cuz of the position he plays. before they competely dismiss marbury and buy him out, they should at least try him off the ball at the 2 with collins running the point. at least in that situation, marbury wont be responsible for making as many decisions.

putting up decent numbers isnt synonymous with being a good PG and making good decisions. he was called out after the MIA game cuz of his terrible decision making on both ends. steph is just a dumb player, its been the same story with him since he first came to the league. hes just like francis. hes not quite the physical freak that he once was, but he was never smart enough to adapt his game. he has no veteran savvy or bball IQ to fall back on now that hes gotten older. his inability to think the game is even more glaring cuz of the position he plays. before they competely dismiss marbury and buy him out, they should at least try him off the ball at the 2 with collins running the point. at least in that situation, marbury wont be responsible for making as many decisions.

I believe, against Denver, Marbury had a very solid game with little to no bad decisions. Marbury also played well against Minesota, again, with little to no bad decisions. I've watched all the Knick's games and can state that your blanket statement is wrong. Marbury did suck in several games most noatbly the Magic game where he allowed Jameer to abuse him.

I dunno... something about this screams "nothing is going to really change" to me....

i just dont buy it

I dunno... something about this screams "nothing is going to really change" to me....

i just dont buy it

i tend to agree...i think these rumors will happen every time he has a bad game. then everything will be fine once he has a good one (which does happen every now and then).