Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

z32tt_envy

Nate Robinson

I am not a Marbury fan so it is not like I feel some urge to defend him. I was simply correcting the false assertion that Marbury has been massively eratic on offense this year. The real issue is Marbury's piss poor D.

what dont you understand? if an offense is erratic, if teammates are complaining about guys breaking off plays or not running plays at all, who's fault is that? its the PGs. marbury sucks at running a team. if hes erratic when it comes to performing his duties as a PG, the offense as a whole suffers. being a "winner" isnt just about winning playoff series or enjoying some semblance of team success, its about style of play and if a player has an ability to improve his team or his teammates as a whole. for a PG, its about how efficiently he can run a team and consistently make good decisions. marbury doesnt do that, therefore hes a liablity on offense as a PG.

what dont you understand? if an offense is erratic, if teammates are complaining about guys breaking off plays or not running plays at all, who's fault is that? its the PGs. marbury sucks at running a team. if hes erratic when it comes to performing his duties as a PG, the offense as a whole suffers. being a "winner" isnt just about winning playoff series or enjoying some semblance of team success, its about style of play and if a player has an ability to improve his team or his teammates as a whole. for a PG, its about how efficiently he can run a team and consistently make good decisions. marbury doesnt do that, therefore hes a liablity on offense as a PG.

Well, the reality is that I have watched all the Knick games and the offense for the most part runs fine. The Knick's lose because their D is freaking terrible and if Marbury leaves opposing guards wide open in the 4th quarter to hit clutch shots, if Marbury can't stop opposing guards from getting into the lane, and if opposing guards simply shoot over Nate that has little to do with the Knicks O. That is the reality I rely on rather than reliance on the rants of Q. Rich who is really in no position to complain about anything as he's been largely ineffective in most of the games. I'd suggest you actually watch the games before using the hyperbole of Q. Rich to justify your claim. The Knick's would probably have at least 4 wins now if their D was not attrocious iregardless of Marbury's alleged inability to be a "winner." B)

nate robinson should be jumping through hoops at the circus, not leading the world famous knicks at MSG. I will personally discontinue watching them if he gets extended minutes. Hes not good whatsoever IMO

I doubt very much that Nate would be asked to lead the team.

Crawford is the guy who seems to make the most sense with Balkman,F.Jones or M.Collins starting alongside him at SG.

wfan just said collins was starting tonight

B) .. should've known you were gonna say something.

yup, i hate older selfish players....marbury is a nut job who is a horrible "basketball" player. he had great talent, but all he has ever done was make his teams worse. no coincidence that all the teams he left got better.

yup, i hate older selfish players....marbury is a nut job who is a horrible "basketball" player. he had great talent, but all he has ever done was make his teams worse. no coincidence that all the teams he left got better.

Mardy is most likely starting because he actually plays D unlike Marbs and is not erratic like Nate. However, this offense and ability to get into the lane are somewhat limited. I will be watching the game though and hoping for a Knicks W.

so who's the better long-term pickup: collins or robinson?

Just looking at Collins' game logs from last season, I would say him. He flirted with a couple triple doubles at the end of last season, I would say he has more upside than Nate.

so who's the better long-term pickup: collins or robinson?

They both are decent as both will probably get 25ish mins a game at least now. Mardy would be better though.

Just looking at Collins' game logs from last season, I would say him. He flirted with a couple triple doubles at the end of last season, I would say he has more upside than Nate.

I agree and explained why in the Marbury thread. Really what they should do is combine the 2 but I dunno that they will.

...if you can stomach the TOs. His line could be okay, but in April when he got minutes, he averaged about 4 TOs per game.

His April line - 15 pts, 2 steals, 5.8 dimes, 6.7 boards, .392 shooting (5/13) and .660 FT% (3/5)

Granted he was a rookie last year, so you can expect a little improvement in these areas - if the Knicks know how to develop young players, which I doubt.

Yeah, I noticed he had some nice PTS/REB/AST/STL totals, but he also ballooned his TO and he didn't shoot very well from the field or the free throw line.

I don't like WW pickups that hurt me equally as much as they help me in other categories, so I will be paying close attention to him in the next couple of games.

Yeah, I noticed he had some nice PTS/REB/AST/STL totals, but he also ballooned his TO and he didn't shoot very well from the field or the free throw line.

I don't like WW pickups that hurt me equally as much as they help me in other categories, so I will be paying close attention to him in the next couple of games.

I agree. I think the to's are inevitable. And anyhow, someone picked him up in my league as soon as this was announced so I could not get the dude even if I wanted. I did pick up Moon for now though.