Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RADickey4Prez

2013 NLCS - Dodgers vs. Cardinals

33 posts in this topic

Another rather annoying series, but yet very predictable.

Even though I find all 4 remaining teams to be irritating due to high payroll or sustained success I think the best 4 post season teams advanced. Dodgers have basically thrown poop against the wall in terms of dollars until some stuck. As far as the Cardinals, I'm just jealous. They have money, but spend it wisely. Team is well balanced. Talent in the MiLB is ridiculous. They never seem to have a prospect miss. And every old fart the sign returns to their hay day. Very well run ball club.

The biggest name in this series to me is Michael Wacha, the Cards need him to pitch at a #1-2 level. Dodgers should have the SP edge, but I'm not a 100% believer of how well Greinke will fair. I definitely prefer the Cards lineup due to consistency, and they have a better bullpen.

I'm going Cardinals - more of a team, better lineup and bullpen, always seem to play big in October, and I think Wacha steps up big.

1 person likes this

Either being back will be a big boost on offense, especially since the Cards don't have a lefty starter. But his defense in CF is subpar...just to slow, add in a busted up ankle and his defense could end up being a huge liability at some point.

The post McCourt era in full effect! As a die hard Dodgers fan, I'm FU CKING PUMPED UP! GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another rather annoying series, but yet very predictable.

Even though I find all 4 remaining teams to be irritating due to high payroll or sustained success I think the best 4 post season teams advanced. Dodgers have basically thrown poop against the wall in terms of dollars until some stuck. As far as the Cardinals, I'm just jealous. They have money, but spend it wisely. Team is well balanced. Talent in the MiLB is ridiculous. They never seem to have a prospect miss. And every old fart the sign returns to their hay day. Very well run ball club.

The biggest name in this series to me is Michael Wacha, the Cards need him to pitch at a #1-2 level. Dodgers should have the SP edge, but I'm not a 100% believer of how well Greinke will fair. I definitely prefer the Cards lineup due to consistency, and they have a better bullpen.

I'm going Cardinals - more of a team, better lineup and bullpen, always seem to play big in October, and I think Wacha steps up big.

I'm in complete agreement with this post, top to bottom. I don't believe in Greinke here either.

Bunch of HATERS up in here!

Warning - I've already been drinking....if my post become "crazy talk"...its the tequila talking.

1 person likes this

that HBP to Hanley should be nothing, but with his injury history, i'm kind of worried.

On the bright side, 2 on, 1 out...LET THE DOMINATION BEGIN!

omeF86d.gif

Big test this series for St. Louis, they apparently haven't accounted for the offensive juggernaut better known as Juan Uribe.

1 person likes this

Heh, Dee gordon would have been useful there with Agon batting.

As someone who has hated the Cardinals for the past few years with a great passion, I'm happy they won tonight.

The Cardinals are just an amazing team..

Boring to me, but amazing.

Don Mattingly, worst manager in baseball?

Pinch running for Agonz that early was awful. With the speedy Puig coming up next he could of had him try to bunt for a single. Worst case scenario it's a sacrifice and you keep AGonz bat in the lineup.

Left Withrow in way too long.

1 person likes this

the dodgers are blowing the series. 20 lob last night. cano should really improve that lineup next year. after puig, they're terrible (including uribe)

the dodgers are blowing the series. 20 lob last night. cano should really improve that lineup next year. after puig, they're terrible (including uribe)

After Puig? I'd say after A-Gone. Puig is getting exposed in this series. Not saying anything groundbreaking, but kid REALLY needs to work on his strike zone and at bat approach. Guy is clueless up there.

And with the way Ellis is playing, Cano may actually get his 300 million asking price. :blink:

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, October 12, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Check out this huge clothesline on Mccoy in todays texas game. Best hit ever

i can't believe they pinch hit for kershaw...

Mattingly is an idiot

god, i hope we don't sign Hanley next year to a big contract... we need gamers like Cano

it really is. and the cards are just very good everywhere (including their farm system). i think they'll go after cano, and probably david price. if kemp gets healthy, they'll be a force next year.

i can't believe they pinch hit for kershaw...

Don lucked out Punto got into scoring position. Unfortunately washed up Young hit a weak fly ball. No clue why he's getting big at bats over Van Slyke. No clue why the Dodgers even picked him up. Do they even use advanced stats or they really just throw money around?

take out Gonzo or Hanley and our lineup is so soft it's sad

Yea dodgers looking over rated offensively. Cardinals pitching is sawing them off.

Matheny is out coaching Mattingly.

Rosenthal just threw fastballs that last inning, right? Wow.

Yup. Puig is so lost up there that he cant even hit that anymore. And Ethier needs to shut it down already.Only hurting the team at this point. I'm still convinced Schumaker wouldve made that catch last night.

Ryu looking good so far. Ump has a pretty generous strikezone for both pitchers.

GO DODGERS!

This series has had some of the worst all around centerfield play I've seen.

1)Botched plays

2)Poor communication

3)Awful throws

4)And when given the chance to make a big play - doesn't happen.

I know it's kind of expected with Jay and a hobbled Ethier, but man - this is bad. I felt like I was watching '12 Waino, where everything that could go wrong defensively but not show up as errors would.