Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phina11y

Timothy Wright 2013 Season Outlook

374 posts in this topic

I watched the whole Tampa Bay/Eagles game today, and this kid looked legit.

Bucs TE Tim Wright caught seven passes for 91 yards in Sunday's Week 6 loss to the Eagles. It's time to start taking Wright seriously. He's an undrafted rookie out of Rutgers, but he's a true "move" tight end with excellent athleticism. In the two games Mike Glennon has started, Wright has totaled 12 catches for 132 yards on 15 targets. Of course, today's performance came against an Eagles team that is incapable of covering anyone -- especially tight ends. Still, Wright is flashing enough talent to get himself on the TE2 radar in re-draft and deep Dynasty leagues. Oct 13 - 4:35 PM

-Rotoworld

Wright has excellent size and athleticism at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds.

He caught 39 passes for 449 yards and two touchdowns last season for the Scarlet Knights.

At his campus Pro Day workout, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds.

He bench pressed 225 pounds 19 times and registered a 36-inch vertical leap with a 9-10 broad jump, a 4.47 20-yard shuttle and a 7.27 three-cone drill.

For his career, Wright caught 50 passes for 519 yards and our touchdowns.

- profootball.scout.com

6'4'' with 4.6 40 yard dash speed is something to look at. He also had a 5 catch, 41 yard game last week. Could be a gem in deeper leagues. Rookie QB Mike Glennon is developing a nice relationship with Tampa Bay's new Tight End and I think he has a chance to be very solid.

2 people like this

Why have I never heard of this kid before? He's not a rookie/2nd year player, correct? 7 catches for 91 yards even against the Eagles sham of a defense isn't something to sneeze at.

The WR/TE eligibility really isn't of much use, as his fantasy value is as a TE, not a WR, but still looks like there's a real connection here with him and Glennon.

Nah Mike Williams will be back next week, he was a plug and play at best

The WR/TE eligibility really isn't of much use, as his fantasy value is as a TE, not a WR, but still looks like there's a real connection here with him and Glennon.

It could be useful with the way the WR injuries are piling up. Bad week for WR injuries: Julio, Cobb, Jones, Amendola, Shorts.

Nah Mike Williams will be back next week, he was a plug and play at best

That's a good point I overlooked... Though even the previous game with Vjax/MikeWilliams/Ogletree active, Wright capitalized on 6 targets with 5 catches. I'd roster the guy if I had a need at TE and flier spot open.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, October 15, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Team in sig.

Gonna add him to the fliers that I have taken on Cumberland and Graham and the trade I made for Finley.

Hmmm....have a waiver out on someone else. I'll try him as a backup plan though. Nice Phina

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, October 15, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Who would you add? Wright or Levine Toilolo

Wright was a WR at Rutgers. He has some pretty good hands. He is also lining up in the slot in 3 wide sets for the Bucs. I wouldn't say he is a "must add" but he is a guy I am going to grab if I can trade Jordan Cameron for something nice.

I haven't seen the last 2 TB games, but he seems to be getting a lot of targets. Is he a viable TE ROS?

I haven't seen the last 2 TB games, but he seems to be getting a lot of targets. Is he a viable TE ROS?

I wud say ROS top 15 but really we havent seen enough of him. He did play against the Eagles. Stats are usually inflated against the Eagles.

He can't block at all so he wont be on the field a ton, but his hands are really really nice. Tom Crabtree is the only other TE and he's been dealing with injury. Crabtree was active last game but the Bucs were just using an extra olineman to block when they needed an extra guy.

He can't block at all so he wont be on the field a ton, but his hands are really really nice. Tom Crabtree is the only other TE and he's been dealing with injury. Crabtree was active last game but the Bucs were just using an extra olineman to block when they needed an extra guy.

They had him line up in the slot at WR and also in 2 TE sets, so I think he will be on the field more than you think. He also has experience at WR and RB in college. Maybe we will see him used a little bit like a James Casey was used in Houston, lining up all over the field.

I know, I watched the game and he was on more than I expected. I think mike will coming back will help open the middle for him.

Added him last week in my dynasty league, if glennon stays at qb and he can become an every down TE he could be awesome in the future as well as ROS. Seems like one of schiano's few homer players that could actually pan out.

I watched all his catches on the coaches film, he looked pretty good. More like a big WR than a TE. He was beating LB's on his catches pretty consistently. Glennon has a cannon for an arm and was just gunned it into Wright one time when he was covered and Wright made the catch. Interesting pickup in deeper leagues.

Posted · Hidden by RotoRaysfan, October 16, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Do people like Wright or Jordan Reed better ROS?

Good question. I picked up both but can only keep one.