Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay85

Week 7 Waiver Wire Touts

Who are your sleepers this week? Who should we keep an eye on?? Who will breakout and be one of the top adds next week???

My list:

Marvin Jones (1%)

Riley Cooper (5%)

Myles White (0%)

Jerome Simpson (18%)

Tim Wright (7%)

Josh Freeman (16%)

Jordan Reed (18%)

Drew Davis (0%)

Fozzworth Whittaker (0%)

I think out of that group, there will be a couple of solid players for the rest of the season. I wouldn't hesitate to stash any one of them right now in deeper and competitive leagues. If you want to take a gamble or have an open spot, one of these players could be huge for you down the stretch. All of them have enough talent/upside (in my opinion) to be stashed or even started right now. I actually own all of them except Josh Freeman in my 24 team dynasty league haha.

Delusional Thinking

Maybe or maybe I'm right haha we'll see tomorrow ..

Thad Lewis

Aaron Dobson

Zach Ertz

I do like Dobson. If he can only hold on to the ball. The targets are there.

Who are your sleepers this week? Who should we keep an eye on?? Who will breakout and be one of the top adds next week???

My list:

Marvin Jones (1%)

Riley Cooper (5%)

Myles White (0%)

Jerome Simpson (18%)

Tim Wright (7%)

Josh Freeman (16%)

Jordan Reed (18%)

Drew Davis (0%)

Fozzworth Whittaker (0%)

I think out of that group, there will be a couple of solid players for the rest of the season. I wouldn't hesitate to stash any one of them right now in deeper and competitive leagues. If you want to take a gamble or have an open spot, one of these players could be huge for you down the stretch. All of them have enough talent/upside (in my opinion) to be stashed or even started right now. I actually own all of them except Josh Freeman in my 24 team dynasty league haha.

Good list. Hopefully you are right. I picked up Simpson just because of his high fantasy points in other weeks. We shall see what Freeman can do for him.

If you need a flex play in PPR formats this week, Ogbonnaya is worth a shot. Chances are Browns will be playing from behind. I look for Ogbonnaya to have a big role as a receiver out of the backfield like he did against Detroit (7-61-1).

I like Obbie a lot right now, for PPR I mean. I scooped him up out of the bunch when all of that stuff went down, and finally got around to touting him last week myself. Only, like an idiot, I didn't go with my own tout and watched him put up 23+ points off my bench (in a 1PPR/6TDP league), which was the difference between one of the zeros I had in my lineup and victory. For reasons you specified above, I like him even more this wk, and am not going to make the same mistake twice.

--

Some touts of my own for now, though I'm gonna guess a good chunk have been thrown out there already.... most are FLEX plays, not keeping up with the QB shuffles right now— bug those are more straight-forward, anyway.

From some players I picked up off the WW who were widely available in ESPN format (recently):

WR Kris Durham, Lions

Putting up some nice numbers while Cal Johnson has been dinged up.... I like him in PPR much more, but if he can bring down a TD, he's valuable on any given week potentially and at 6'6" he is a red zone target amongst a sea of 'em in DET.... with or without Johnson. Without Johnson, he's more of a blip with PPR potential, but nothing much else. Without him at 100% and he's a good chance for a TD and 5-6 catches and targets; Stafford has looked his way a lot, something like 20+ over the past 2 (or 3?) games.... 8 catches last time out.

WR Brandon LaFell, Panthers

Yeah, he's annoying, and yeah, he's a wildcard..... all-or-nothing fantasy play, but if the Panthers want to sustain success they need to keep him involved & rolling because they simply don't have enough options elsewhere, and despite Steve Smith still seeming to defy time, they need help on that WR corps badly. In the mean time, if LaFell is the #2 (and Ted Ginn was never to be really taken seriously.. was he?), give him a shot and hope to flying spaghetti monster he puts up another good game, and maybe if anything he could seem valuable in the eyes of a buyer and you could package him for an upgrade. He has two big games of 20 points I believe this year (20 points + at that, too?), but he also has a lot of 2.2 and 5.4 types of scores. One or two good weeks, and try to sell, meanwhile hoping he was in your lineup when he put up and not when he did not/does not. Because after he gives me a mirage of a few good games, that's usually when he's been on my bench consecutive weeks (those mirage games), so finally, I do start him and he lays a 0 right away. It's clockwork.. but hey, coming off a strong game, why not...

TE Jeff Cumberland, Jets

A nice TE replacement really is all I can say. Owners of Owen Wilson and others who need a guy to step in, you could do worse.

TE Joseph Fauria, Lions

Everyone knows his story.. 7 catches, 5 for TD. He explodes for 3 last week. Being super TE-needy on one team, I have him and Cumberland both in tow and am hoping that I can get a better read on Fauria this weekend (while also hoping he doesn't go nuts again, out of my lineup, but still.... I may just start him....

TE Brent Celek, Eagles

Might be worth a look, to see if Foles will connect with him more. Eagles facing the 31st ranked D against TE this weekend to boot. Perhaps a nice plug....at the least. See from there? Owned in 11% of leagues whereas the Fauria and Cumberland are both a bit lower, but he still could likely be on your WW heading into gameday tomorrow (or today?).

For TEs on the wire (and they're two of the top names in deeper leagues, or were), I'd say Cumberland has the safer ceiling, Fauria's is higher on any given game he plays in, especially the type that project DET to score a lot and if Johnson is dinged up and/or out... as for Celek, he is more of an option-play, facing a bad D against TEs..... he is hard for me to trust weekly, though.

WR Riley Cooper, Lions

He had a nice showing last week with Foles, and it's worth seeing if they can reconnect again, or whatever helped in fueling Cooper's career day does so again....

WR Brandon Gibson, Dolphins

Quietly having a nice PPR campaign- 16 catches over his prior 3 games heading into the BYE, and 24 on the year. He's a decent FLEX here or there if needed to rely on, and not a bad guy to stash on your bench if your format works for it.

RB Brandon Bolden, Pats

Nice PPR option as a FLEX, at least when he plays, kind of like OB for the Browns... but he is dinged up and the Pats' week-in and out gameplan is so unpredictable, I hate using him unless i know he'll get work. Sometimes he is nice for PPR points, though. Sucks to see him waste on the bench on those days you DON'T start him and he is, because he can put up big days at random....

One more, but this is a bigger one (kinda):

WR Julian Edelman, Pats

He is owned at only 50% now, which is a lot lower than a week or two ago. With Amendola out (again... who really didn't expect him to miss more time?) I'm sure Edelman sees a lot of looks. PPR owners should look to see if someone dropped him a bit too soon, and put a claim in. His ownership is seriously at 49% or 50-51% right now, so it's worth a check at least... he could have a lot of catches and balls thrown his way. PPR owners seriously take note, if he's somehow out there.

That's about it. I'd say look into stashing Justin Forsett if you think MJD might be moved, some how/way or another...... He has ran better than any backs on the Jags as is, so it is worth it just to see if MJD is on the way out. It never hurts to have a starter on your team or someone in line for clear-cut touches at RB..... if only to try to trade them or dangle 'em in deals, so now may be a good time to slice him up and hold on until at least post-trade deadline.

Hope these help some of ya. Happy Sunday.

Austin Collie has several ingredients to become a big time pickup. Muddled WR situation due to injuries. Great QB. Slot passing scheme. Plenty of talent. A couple things worry me (health/durability and knowledge of the offense). But he is one to keep an eye on.

I'm wondering why this topic is in Assistant Coach Help Forum and not Fantasy Football Talk?? I think it would be better off in Fantasy Football Talk and more people would see it.

It used to be, but they moved it because people wouldn't stop asking if they should drop X to pick up Y. It was actually a popular decision because this thread attracts people looking for that advice.

My list:

Marvin Jones (1%)

Riley Cooper (5%)

Myles White (0%)

Jerome Simpson (18%)

Tim Wright (7%)

Josh Freeman (16%)

Jordan Reed (18%)

Drew Davis (0%)

Fozzworth Whittaker (0%)

Good list. Hopefully you are right. I picked up Simpson just because of his high fantasy points in other weeks. We shall see what Freeman can do for him.

My list:

Marvin Jones (1%)

Riley Cooper (5%)

Myles White (0%)

Jerome Simpson (18%)

Tim Wright (7%)

Josh Freeman (16%)

Jordan Reed (18%)

Drew Davis (0%)

Fozzworth Whittaker (0%)

Delusional Thinking

Maybe or maybe I'm right haha we'll see tomorrow ..

Jordan Reed went off, and they're calling him a TE1 now

Marvin Jones scored another TD and is getting more snaps every week (added him in all my leagues)

Fozzy looked pretty good (he's worth stashing in deeper leagues)

Riley Cooper had another solid game

Josh Freeman and Jerome Simpson were bad, but I think they will improve

Tim Wright and Drew Davis were busts (Davis made a really nice catch, but they weren't targeting him for some reason)

Myles White was invisible with Jarrett Boykin breaking out, but he was worth the gamble with the talent/upside in that offense