Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

Mario Manningham 2013 Season Outlook

19 posts in this topic

What do you think of him.... all signs pointing to him coming back soon...

Is he worth a look being the 3rd option in san fran? Or should we stay away from the career mediocre player?

SF has gone very ground and pounts lately but as they get a few WR back that could change. Hes not a bad stash imo..

Manningham (knee) took part in Tuesday's practice.

Published: Wed, Oct 16 at 11:21am by Rotowire.com

1 person likes this

Manningham (knee) took part in Tuesday's practice.

Published: Wed, Oct 16 at 11:21am by Rotowire.com

YES! Thanks for posting this.

One thing that Manningham has always done well is get vertical.

Kap has a monster arm and there's no deep wr threat opposite Boldin. The opportunity still be there for him to make some sort of impact for a few weeks if he's truly 100%.

Looks like he'll be back week 10, is the target after their bye week. Worth a look in DEEP leagues, I guess.

Is Manningham worth a stash with room on the bench? Looking over his stats from 2012 he doesn't seem like an incredibly prolific receiver...

Is Manningham worth a stash with room on the bench? Looking over his stats from 2012 he doesn't seem like an incredibly prolific receiver...

I honestly would rather stash someone like Randal Cobb if he's been dropped than Manningham. At best he performs like a low end WR3.

I'm not saying he's worth a stash or not but his 2012 stats are useless for evaluating this year. He never got to play with monster armed Kap.

Their deep threat is Vernon. :shrug: guess I just don't see Mannngham value here, but I can understand the thought some needs to fill the void on the outside. Btw, is there really such a thing as a third read in SF? Kap is a one-read kind of QB at this stage

I cut Manningham. If he could not suceed on the old superbowl giants then he can't suceed in san fran. That was my conclusion.

I cut Manningham. If he could not suceed on the old superbowl giants then he can't suceed in san fran. That was my conclusion.

He did succeed. Look at his 2009 & 2010 stats.

Let someone else burn their waiver priority in your league. Don't bother with this guy.

1 person likes this

After yesterday's Dougie news, I'll most likely drop the Hamster and take a flier on this guy. SF lacks the deep threat and Super Mario could be that guy. Worth a stash IMO if you have the room.

As much as I'd like to bite.. this guy killed me two years being mostly an over-hyped bust. Unless he had some sort of epiphany and will no longer drop the ball constantly, you guys will probably be pretty disappointed. Not to mention WRs on the 49ers don't stay very consistent.

If he helps take another defender off of Vernon then I am all for him coming back. Certainly won't pick him up though.

After yesterday's Dougie news, I'll most likely drop the Hamster and take a flier on this guy. SF lacks the deep threat and Super Mario could be that guy. Worth a stash IMO if you have the room.

I'm in the same situation, dropping the Hamster for Mario.