Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott_Revere

Keep Randall Cobb? - WHIR

Hi guys. This is the first year our league is doing keepers, and the majority voted that we can keep as many players as we like from this season (I was against that but whatever). Whatever player you keep, you lose that round's draft pick. A guy in my league drafted Randall Cobb in the 4th round but dropped him after news of his injury keeping him out 6-8 weeks. Should I make a waiver claim to get Cobb and stash him on my bench/keep him for next year, knowing that he probably won't be able to play for much of the remainder of the season?

For the record, I am in a 12 team league, standard ESPN scoring, NOT PPR. Here is my roster below if it helps any.

QB: Foles

RB: AP

RB: Gore

WR: Gordon

WR: Shorts

TE: Cameron

FLEX: James Jones

D: Panthers

K: Streaming

BE: Vick

BE: Kenbrell Thompkins

BE: Bowe

BE: Joseph Randle

BE: David Wilson

BE: Shane Vereen

BE: Roy Helu

Cobb was having a decent season until he went down with injury. Normally I wouldn't consider keeping him because his production this year was pretty consistent with his draft position and it wouldn't be worth killing a bench spot for 6-8 weeks for him. However, since the league decided you can keep as many players as you like, I'm concerned that the top 20 WR and top 20 RB will all be kept, and Cobb will end up going in the first/second round.

My bench is already thin as I'm trying to hold tight for Vereen and Wilson, plus Jones and Shorts are very questionable, so it's hard to take another injured player. Is it worth picking up and keeping Cobb, or should I pass?

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the novel. Leave a link and I'll respond to yours.

Can't you drop Joseph Randle? He's just a temporary backup for Murray right? I hadn't heard his name mentioned much before today. I don't know how much value Helu will have next year either with a young Morris in Wash.

I've never played in keeper/dynasty leagues though.

Thx 4 mine.

Grab Cobb and stash him if you can. Waiting 6 -8 weeks will be rough though, drop Randle.

I only picked up Randle to be a flex plug-n-play for this week. Shorts looks like he's out, and Jones is still very questionable. I really don't feel good about starting Bowe and/or Thompkins, so I grabbed Randle as a fill-in until they get healthy. I'll definitely drop him after a week or two, but for this week I need to hang onto him.

I'd drop Bowe.

He's been terrible with Alex Smith throwing the ball and Cobb has way more future potential.

Might also consider Vereen or Helu as they are both handcuffs and dependent on injuries of their counterparts in order to get production.

Cobb is on short term IR which means hes not eligible to play until week 15. So his value is strictly tied to next year. With that being said I would claim him. Drop Bowe.

Yeah, idk on this. He won't be eligible until week 15 (and for me that's first week of playoffs) this also does not guarantee he will be back in full reps. I'd drop Bowe or Thompkins if you want to do a Risk/Reward deal.

I'm claiming him off waivers, but my keeper league also has an IR slot. I really don't know what his original owner was thinking when he dropped him since his IR slot is open.

Cobb is definitely worth the stash. I don't see Randle being viable long term especially if Romo just goes to the air now

Stash him give up on vereen ... With Ridley having some good games I assume in the next few weeks, and bolden in the mix I don't see vereen bein all that valuable.

http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=385747

When Vereen returns, Bolden will be phased out. Bolden and Blount have very little, to zero value now.

Thanks for the replies. Thinking I will drop Bowe for him and then drop randle after this week. I'm in lab now on my phone but I will reply to all who left a link by tonight.

You have enough low-end bench players to realistically drop somebody to make room for Cobb to use as a keeper. My dynasty league is a similar format (keep as many as you'd like, lose a round for everybody you keep - keep 9, don't draft til round 10, etc) and I would jump at the chance to grab and hold Cobb.