Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joey0480

Case Keenum 2013 Season Outlook

400 posts in this topic

so who is this guy

Case Keenum? Look up 2009 and 2011 stats at University of Houston. UNREAL

so who is this guy

Case Keenum? Look up 2009 and 2011 stats at University of Houston. UNREAL

2008 wasn't too bad either......

I know a hard core Texans fan that has been saying all season he was the best QB on the roster. Not going to be a good debut for him.

Who is he? Well he played for University of Houston and shattered all kinds of NCAA records. Went undrafted in the 2012 drafted, Texans picked him up as UDFA and sat on the practice squad all of last year. Had a good showing this preseason and was promoted to 3rd string. He is a very good short/intermediate passer and has a lot of great intangibles. His biggest knocks are overall arm strength (doesn't throw a very good deep ball) and his obvious size. He also struggled against good pass rushing defenses in college and show problems making post snap reads and progressions.

1 person likes this

UDFA. Ran a spread offense in college and has had a hard time adjusting to Texans offense. Teammates say he has really improved this year.

He also struggled against good pass rushing defenses in college and show problems making post snap reads and progressions.

Sounds like a great idea to start someone like that in his first NFL game against the Chiefs D.

He also struggled against good pass rushing defenses in college and show problems making post snap reads and progressions.

Sounds like a great idea to start someone like that in his first NFL game against the Chiefs D.

Well that was in college, it is possible he has improved and that is what you hear from inside the Texans. He struggled picking up Kubiak's system at first, but now I am hearing that he has really improved.

The Chiefs defense is going to feast on this guy. The rich get richer...smh

pretty crazy stats......now if it translates to NFL caliber.

That's what playing in a pass heavy spread offense will do to your stats. It was shotgun all the time. Now see how he'll do in a pro-style offense.

Worth rostering over a guy like henne?

2QB leagues yes pick him up now. 16+ team leagues, maybe. Anything else probably not.

Edit: Over you said over Henne...then no.

He tore up Conference USA and his head coach was Mike Sumlin......really dont think he does much in the pros tho

One thing to note, Kubiak is not really a risk taker or one to appease the fans. Keenum is getting the start over Yates because Kubiak believe he is the better QB...which may not be saying much beating out Yates. Still, I will be the first to point out Kubiak's flaws, but he knows the position as well as any coach in the league.

Lol stop, Chiefs D/ST gon eat this kids food, show 'em how Based God....

I highly doubt their Special Teams (ST) does much damage to Keenum, but you never know right? :P

1 person likes this

One thing to note, Kubiak is not really a risk taker or one to appease the fans. Keenum is getting the start over Yates because Kubiak believe he is the better QB...which may not be saying much beating out Yates. Still, I will be the first to point out Kubiak's flaws, but he knows the position as well as any coach in the league.

It's very surprising. I'm guessing either McNair made an executive decision or Kubiak is simply getting desperate to save his job.