Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

det_tigers

Amar'e Stoudemire 2013-2014 Season Outlook

178 posts in this topic

Last year he played 29 games and had 14.2 pts 5 reb and .577 FG. Will we ever see him returning his old self again? He is ranked like +100 maybe worth a gamble what you guys think?

Last year he played 29 games and had 14.2 pts 5 reb and .577 FG. Will we ever see him returning his old self again? He is ranked like +100 maybe worth a gamble what you guys think?

No he will never be back to his old self again...Knick fan here. There is a reason why the Phoenix Suns medical staff strongly advised the organization against signing him to any deal longer than three years, and we are now seeing their predictions coming to light. Amare has had 3 knee procedures in the past 9 months already, and is an injury waiting to happen. He put up decent numbers last year as you stated, but at this point he hasn't even been cleared to practice or any contact. The fact that he can no longer play in back to back games and has a 20 minute limit on minutes played before even resuming practice says a lot about what he has left. I am staying away from Amare in all drafts. It is not a matter of if, but when the next injury will happen for him.

1 person likes this

I can't believe that people are actually grabbing Stoudemire this year. He is the epitome of damaged goods. Even if he miraculously stays healthy, the Knicks plan on resting him heavily including no back-to-backs.

1 person likes this

I can't believe that people are actually grabbing Stoudemire this year. He is the epitome of damaged goods. Even if he miraculously stays healthy, the Knicks plan on resting him heavily including no back-to-backs.

He's also going to be on a minutes limit as well to keep him alive.

And the best part for us Knicks fans is that he's making $21.7 million this year and has a player option for $23.4 million in 2013-2014.

$45 more million owed to a guy who is essentially worthless. It's bad enough that he can't play anymore but he's preventing the team from getting better by crippling the cap.

1 person likes this

And the best part for us Knicks fans is that he's making $21.7 million this year and has a player option for $23.4 million in 2013-2014.

$45 more million owed to a guy who is essentially worthless. It's bad enough that he can't play anymore but he's preventing the team from getting better by crippling the cap.

Have the Knicks used their amnesty yet? If not then what are they waiting for?

At the time they used that cap space to sign Tyson Chandler which is arguably the best signing they have made in the last 10 years.

Nevermind I just saw that they used it on Billups. Wrong move by the Knicks GM.

1 person likes this

At the time they used that cap space to sign Tyson Chandler which is arguably the best signing they have made in the last 10 years.

As a Knick fan, the minute I heard they invented the amnesty clause after the lockout, I wanted them to use it on Amare. It was the wrong move to use it on Billups, who only had one year left on his deal. They still could have signed Chandler if they used the amnesty instead on Amare. I am one of the few who was against the Amare signing from the beginning though. I did not want to sign him to an uninsured contract when the Phoenix doctors came out and said he was basically finished and would have 3 years left if that. Turns out he had one more year left at a high level, so they were right. Water under the bridge now, I just hope we can let his $45 million come off the books and not absorb any more bad contracts.

The knicks need to wake up and realize that you cannot build a championship contender around a black hole chucker like Carlemo Anthony.

As a Knick fan, the minute I heard they invented the amnesty clause after the lockout, I wanted them to use it on Amare. It was the wrong move to use it on Billups, who only had one year left on his deal. They still could have signed Chandler if they used the amnesty instead on Amare. I am one of the few who was against the Amare signing from the beginning though. I did not want to sign him to an uninsured contract when the Phoenix doctors came out and said he was basically finished and would have 3 years left if that. Turns out he had one more year left at a high level, so they were right. Water under the bridge now, I just hope we can let his $45 million come off the books and not absorb any more bad contracts.

1 person likes this

Young bloodz, cover your eyes... :lol:

2 people like this

Young bloodz, cover your eyes... :lol:

original.gif

imagine that nasty frontcourt, him & bargnani

Ewing&Oakley would be proud

unless he starts playing in back to backs, and have his minutes restriction lifted, he is not worth the headache. will give you one good game every 2 - 3 weeks.

Can't blame him, it is hard to get into a rhythm.

unless he starts playing in back to backs, and have his minutes restriction lifted, he is not worth the headache. will give you one good game every 2 - 3 weeks.

Amare Stoudemire will play in his first back-to-back set on Wednesday with no restriction.

He looked like STAT circa 2010 on Tuesday in 27 minutes, scoring 15 points with five boards, two blocks and one steal in a loss. Andrea Barganani has looked terrible lately, so the improvements for Stoudemire doesn't bode well for the Italian. STAT is still far too risky to be considered must-own in most leagues.

2 people like this

Amare Stoudemire will play in his first back-to-back set on Wednesday with no restriction.

He looked like STAT circa 2010 on Tuesday in 27 minutes, scoring 15 points with five boards, two blocks and one steal in a loss. Andrea Barganani has looked terrible lately, so the improvements for Stoudemire doesn't bode well for the Italian. STAT is still far too risky to be considered must-own in most leagues.

Ooohhhh snap!!!! Now what!!!????

Bargnani has looked "Terrible" for the last 3 games.

He was great in November...

Amar'e has been terrible for well over 3 games