Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogerGoodell

Kendall Hunter 2013 Season Outlook

23 posts in this topic

• 4th Round pick 2011
  • Change of pace/red zone back
  • Possible bye week reach

Zero value unless Gore gets hurt.

1 person likes this

Kendall looks good, really good. Gore is selfish bastard never getting dinged up & missing games

^^ that's my fallback plan if SJax doesn't look ready to go. I picked up Hunter as a bye-week flier STRICTLY for this reason. I see a blowout, and resting Gore.

1 person likes this

against Jaqs, im betting 49ers gets a huge lead and rest Gore. Im playing Hunter this week

^^ that's my fallback plan if SJax doesn't look ready to go. I picked up Hunter as a bye-week flier STRICTLY for this reason. I see a blowout, and resting Gore.

Ohhh I like this. This is very very sneaky.

RobertoLuongoDeeds_zps6be96a99.jpg

against Jaqs, im betting 49ers gets a huge lead and rest Gore. Im playing Hunter this week

Ohhh I like this. This is very very sneaky.

RobertoLuongoDeeds_zps6be96a99.jpg

I was thinking the same thing as you guys. Given the byes this week my only other option is starting a backup in Joique Bell or adding and starting Hillis from the wire.

Quick snapshot of the game history so far. I'm not so sure what to make of this....clearly when Gore runs, they win. The data isn't really conclusive of much....

ninersrushing.png

Well if you have Trent Richardson and Chris Johnson on your team like me, Kendall Hunter isn't all that bad for a bye week fill in.

1 person likes this

In addition to the above data......I will say this. Gore is averaging 18+ carries a game, which is his highest usage/game since his season-ending hip injury in 2010, and his highest use PERIOD since his 2006 season. With him getting older, and the niners looking at the post-season, Harbaugh would be wise to sit him whenever he gets the chance from here on out.

I picked Hunter up last night and may start him over Ellington. Still debating on this, but I agree that SF will have a big lead in 3rd and 4th quarters. Giving Gore a rest makes a lot of sense.

Remember the Broncos game vs the Jags? Plenty of owners started Hillman that week. Assuming garbage time stats is a dangerous thing to do.

Remember the Broncos game vs the Jags? Plenty of owners started Hillman that week. Assuming garbage time stats is a dangerous thing to do.

I agree. It gives me pause.

Good point regarding Hillman last week. Ellington will get guaranteed touches, but starting Hunter is still tempting. Maybe that's just the niner fan in me talking. I'll probably be bouncing back and forth between these two up until game time on Sunday.

Against the worst run defense in the league, it can be valuable to start the RB2 -- especially if they are on a good team.

Signed,

Danny Woodhead

Donald Brown

Christine Michael

Against the worst run defense in the league, it can be valuable to start the RB2 -- especially if they are on a good team.

Signed,

Danny Woodhead

Donald Brown

Christine Michael

Broncos are not a good team?

Against the worst run defense in the league, it can be valuable to start the RB2 -- especially if they are on a good team

Jaguars

Signed,

Danny Woodhead

Donald Brown

Christine Michael

Broncos are not a good team?

Jaguars

I'm just pissed an owner in my Dynasty league saw this thread and grabbed him this morning. No one outside of these forums were thinking of this sneaky play. Was able to grab him in another and will be starting him out of no other viable choice. (Sorry for the CSB)

My thinking is Gore was limited in practice the other day and if San Fran wants to make a run at the playoffs they need everyone healthy, especially Gore. Why risk a potential injury or further aggravating something (if he's a little banged up already) against a crap team like Jacksonville? Give Hunter some run and rest Gore. It makes a lot of sense and seems to be a more calculated risk than just straight up gambling.

Well if you have Trent Richardson and Chris Johnson on your team like me, Kendall Hunter isn't all that bad for a bye week fill in.

Who is a better bye week fill in

Him

or Branden Bolden?

Joique Bell

All good handcuffs who have a situational role in their offense. Who has most upside this week?

Who is a better bye week fill in

Him

or Branden Bolden?

Joique Bell

All good handcuffs who have a situational role in their offense. Who has most upside this week?

Good question. I'm starting Powell so all of these guys have question marks whether or not if they can fill be useful this week.

I'm rolling with Hunter and Gore this week in one league with bye weeks and injuries. Hunter should get plenty of touches against the Jags. Wouldn't be surprised if each RB has a TD this week.

I'm rolling with Hunter and Gore this week in one league with bye weeks and injuries. Hunter should get plenty of touches against the Jags. Wouldn't be surprised if each RB has a TD this week.

Next week, sure.