Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kp96

Starting a player who is going against your defense

7 posts in this topic

Thoughts on this? For example -

I have Le'Veon Bell vs. Bal and Zac Stacy vs. Car, but I have Car defense as well.

If I project both rb's to be the equal this week, do I automatically go with Bell because I don't want my rb and defense hurting each other? At what point do you decide to go with the rb who is playing your defense?

He's going to play against your defense whether you start him or not.

1 person likes this

You minimize your chances for points if you start them together. I'd go with the rb not playing against my defense if everything else is equal. If I have a stud against my defense, and my defense isn't Seattle or kc, I drop my defense and pick up a different one.

This is essentially the same idea as having a bunch of players from the same team. It all balances out, so just play the better player.

You don't bench a guy because you're worried he'll go off on your defense, you bench the defense instead.

And unless it's a guy who's a game changer, who can score multiple TD's and swing the score all on his own, it doesn't matter if he gets his, your defense can still simultaneously put up big points.

If you're worried your player is going to crush your defense, chances are you might be onto something and it's a bad matchup for your defense meaning you should be sitting them that week.

Chances are if you're worried about your defense shutting down your player, you might be onto something and that player is a bad start that week based on matchup as well, or you're way over-thinking things.

You don't bench a guy because you're worried he'll go off on your defense, you bench the defense instead.

I do the same thing. I usually will bench a defense before a player. I might reconsider if I had an elite defense, but I just stream defenses so usually it's marginal.

I only sit the player if I'd normally sit the player if I didn't own the defense.

1 person likes this