Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AK27

The New York Times

Unlike some others on these forums who disappear every now and then, promise they will help and disappear, I will answer all of your questions so long as they aren't stupid and/or already answered previously. If there is a lapse in time between responding to multiple posts it is because I am eating or looking up stats. I will try to be as insightful as possible. Let's hear em.

I will atleast try to promise that all questions posted before 12:30 PM EST will be answered.

I am torn on the Jacobs situation. My other options owuld be Durham or Brown (BAL). This is a PPR league and I need abye week replacement. Any other sleepers? Is Jacobs just too risky? Thanks!

I am torn on the Jacobs situation. My other options owuld be Durham or Brown (BAL). This is a PPR league and I need abye week replacement. Any other sleepers? Is Jacobs just too risky? Thanks!

I'm assuming you're worried about who stick in a flex spot? I don't know who is available on your waivers, but I'd roll with Jacobs. Otherwise I like Durham over the others. Brown hasn't been healthy, Jacoby Jones reclaimed the #2, and the coaching staff in New York only signed depth to have a reliable change of pace or insurance if Jacobs breaks down. Minnesota gives up the most points to RBs, Jacobs should have another solid game or atleast go 50 yards and hopefully an end zone carry. I'm not worried about the Giants signing Hillis.

Sorry to be a d*ck but please post your questions within this topic. Thanks.

This is a Point Per Touch league, meaning every run or catch earns a full point. Obv I would like to fill the flex with a high touch RB, but I need upside this week bad. Thanks and WHIR!!

Bell, F-Jax, and Keenan.

Thanks! IT is not the Hilli signing, it is his hamnstring setback on Saturday I am concerned about. Should I be woried about him playing? Would rather him flex Jacobs against MIN if he is playing, but would take Durham over a goose egg. Thanks again!

Good morning all!

This is a 12 Team H2H CBS PPR League.

What do you think of my starting line-up and do I dare start Broncos D at the Colts?

Starting Line-Up:

QB Manning, Peyton @ IND

RB Lacy, Eddie vs CLE

RB Martin, Doug @ ATL

WRBryant, Dez @ PHI

WRNicks, Hakeem vs MIN

TEGates, Antonio @ JAC

Flex Williams, DeAngelo vs STL

DSTBroncos @ IND

BENCH:

Thomas, Pierre **BYE**

Dobson, Aaron @ NYJ

Harvin, Percy **IR**

Johnson, Steve @ MIA

Brown, Vincent @ JAC

Jeffery, Alshon @ WAS

Avaiable Defense:

Giants vs MIN

Chargers @ JAC

Steelers vs BAL

Jets vs NE

Cowboys @ PHI

I'm not going to break down your entire lineup. Your question here is Denver at the Colts. Yes, I would still continue to start them. The Colts don't scare me now that they have moved to a more balanced power running scheme. I feared when they let Luck air it out, which could be a possibility in this game, but if the Broncos pull ahead and Luck is forced to play catch up, the Broncos should force some turnovers in the air as the Colts would be one dimensional.

does not sound good for jacobs playing so would you start hillis over michael cox?

With Jacobs vs the Vikes on monday night and having hammie issues and does not sound like he is gonna play who would be the better fill in?

Peyton Hillis

OR

Michael Cox

Cox assuming that Jacobs doesn't play.

does not sound good for jacobs playing so would you start hillis over michael cox?

Yeah sorry, I was not updated with Jacobs issue. But I'm leaning toward Hillis. IMO - everyone is down on him and wondering how much he has left in the tank. I saw a tremendous runner in the preseason before he went down with a knee injury which is why no one signed him. Hillis should be solid until Andre Brown comes back or Jacobs is healed up.

Sorry changed my mind. After watching some stuff on Cox and reading, he should be the first in line for carries. He's been on the team longer, is familiar with the playbook, and from what I've seen if shifty and powerful, definitely brings a different dimension to the table than Jacobs and Wilson did - he seems more balanced. I'd start Cox. But that's if your desperate w/ no other options.

Thank you for the details. I guess it is just too risky for Jacobs. Do you like waiting until tomorrow and then plugging in Cox if Jacobs does not play or should I just dump him and plug in Durham today?

Points per touch league: Pick 2 RB and 1 flex:

Spiller, FJax, L Bell, L Miller, K Allen, M Wallace

Thanks!!

For what it's worth

Week 1: Cox, 9 carries 33 yds, 1 fumble (his own recovered) vs Steelers

Week 1: Hillis 4 carries 13 yds vs Ravens

Week 2: Cox 2 carries 4 yds, 2 rec 48 yds vs Colts

Week 2: Hillis 18 carries 73 yds vs Patriots

Week 3: Hillis 7 carries 28 yds vs Dolphins

Week 3: Cox 3 carries -3 yds vs Jets

Week 4: Cox, 4 carries -2 yds, 1 rec 1 yd vs Patriots

Week 4: Hillis 9 carries, 33 yds vs Redskins

IMO Hillis is the better back and I'm not basing it off preseason stats, just what I saw when I watched him run. But Cox will probably get the first crack at 1st and 2nd downs.

Thank you for the details. I guess it is just too risky for Jacobs. Do you like waiting until tomorrow and then plugging in Cox if Jacobs does not play or should I just dump him and plug in Durham today?

Durham today. The situation is too murky, I don't expect Jacobs to play but I don't know what I'm getting from Cox or Hillis. I do however think that one of them will have a big day vs. the Vikings. If you're a gambling man, go with Cox. If you want a safer bet, Durham. Calvin is healthy but I think he's emerged as a fine #2 for the Lions over recent weeks.

Thanks!!

This was already answered.

Thanks!!

This was already answered.

Sorry man, and thanks. Good luck to all today.

Cutler or Brady to start in 14 person STD league.

Funny thing is the guy in my league has both of them too. Right now he's starting Cutler, which is probably the right move on paper but my gut says Brady. If you like to gamble I'd go Brady simply because Gronkowski will open up everything on offense and hopefully Edelman will continue to move the chains. First time around, they played a rainy game in New England, and the wide receivers had a ridiculous amount of drops. Brady hasn't been himself, but he has his biggest weapon back. Personally I think they both have the same floor this week, looking at around 200-250 yds, 2 TDs but Brady with more upside simply because Ridley or whomever won't be able to run against the Jets dline. The Bears can atleast run on Washington with Forte/Bush.

Cutler or Brady to start in 14 person STD league.

Funny thing is the guy in my league has both of them too. Right now he's starting Cutler, which is probably the right move on paper but my gut says Brady. If you like to gamble I'd go Brady simply because Gronkowski will open up everything on offense and hopefully Edelman will continue to move the chains. First time around, they played a rainy game in New England, and the wide receivers had a ridiculous amount of drops. Brady hasn't been himself, but he has his biggest weapon back. Personally I think they both have the same floor this week, looking at around 200-250 yds, 2 TDs but Brady with more upside simply because Ridley or whomever won't be able to run against the Jets dline. The Bears can atleast run on Washington with Forte/Bush.

Thanks for your thoughts. This is what I am thinking too and I am a betting man. Also, I didn't like what WAS did to Romo last week.

Fleener or Wright for PPR TE this week? (Williams may not play for TB). Thanks!

Hahah--I get your point. Its pretty funny that some of these guys post help threads and then only answer the easy ones.

Thoughts on this:

Week _8_ QB (grabbing one off FA today so I don't have to compete on waivers next week):

SBradford V. SEAj

ASmith V. CLE

RTannehill @ NE

GSmith @ CIN

TLewis @ NO

JFreeman V. GB

MGlennon V. CAR

Thanks man! Good luck in your games today!

It wasn't that Washington did anything to Romo it was just that they didn't need to throw. Murray was solid, and special teams stepped up. They pulled ahead in the second half, actually before Murray scored at the goal line they threw to Dez on a fade.

Fleener or Wright for PPR TE this week? (Williams may not play for TB). Thanks!

Williams should play but I like Wright again. I'm torn on Fleener actually being a reliable tight end, and there have been games where you expect big things and he just disappears. Even if it's a shootout, I don't expect Fleener to get involved, whereas Wright and Glennon have chemistry, has been getting more involved in the offense and coaching staff has faith in him. He may not be the starting tight end but he will be in the game during pass situations. I like him more in PPR as well.

Hahah--I get your point. Its pretty funny that some of these guys post help threads and then only answer the easy ones.

Thoughts on this:

Week _8_ QB (grabbing one off FA today so I don't have to compete on waivers next week):

SBradford V. SEAj

ASmith V. CLE

RTannehill @ NE

GSmith @ CIN

TLewis @ NO

JFreeman V. GB

MGlennon V. CAR

Thanks man! Good luck in your games today!

It's a wait and see thing with Freeman, and because it's the Giants he might have a solid game but I expect him to still be learning the playbook and handing off to Peterson so you may not actually have to burn your waiver to get him. Same with Glennon. I actually like Glennon a lot and even if he has a 250 2 td performance, some people won't rush to the wire because some people don't believe two solid games in a row makes a QB. He has a rocket arm, and as mentioned above Wright is really stepping up and Mike Williams might be healthy enough to provide another dimension. I know Carolina is tough vs the run but I do like Glennon a lot moving forward.

Depending on your league size though, check how many other people will need a QB or are most likely putting in a waiver. I don't think you'll have to burn a waiver on either of them.