Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AK27

The New York Times

Trying to get Megatron from this guy. I'm 6-0, he's 2-4

QB: Bradford, Eli

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Cruz

WR3: Moore

RB1: Lynch

RB2: Moreno

TE: Tim Wright

Flex: Hartline

Bench: couple lottery tickets, pettus, lafell

I have to imagine Rudolph > Wright ROS. If Foles does well today and gets named the starter, do you think he'd take: Foles, Rudolph, Fitz, Sproles? I've considered VJax/Fitz/Sproles/Foles/Rudolph, but with his knee not 100% and a possible GTD every week, I'd like to have VJax as insurance. Too much, not enough?

Rank these three, 6 pt per passing td, bonus for length of td, completion %, and number of completions.

Romo vs philly

Rivers vs Jax

Foles vs Dallas

Rank these three, 6 pt per passing td, bonus for length of td, completion %, and number of completions.

Romo vs philly

Rivers vs Jax

Foles vs Dallas

Just my opinion, but its between Foles and Romo. Which, as a Romo owner from 2010-2012, I'd pick Foles, because I despise Romo, cost me several games with his enumerous pick 6s. Tends to choke in unexpected games. "improved o-line" - more like, really easy schedule

Hahah--I get your point. Its pretty funny that some of these guys post help threads and then only answer the easy ones.

Thoughts on this:

Week _8_ QB (grabbing one off FA today so I don't have to compete on waivers next week):

SBradford V. SEAj

ASmith V. CLE

RTannehill @ NE

GSmith @ CIN

TLewis @ NO

JFreeman V. GB

MGlennon V. CAR

Thanks man! Good luck in your games today!

It's a wait and see thing with Freeman, and because it's the Giants he might have a solid game but I expect him to still be learning the playbook and handing off to Peterson so you may not actually have to burn your waiver to get him. Same with Glennon. I actually like Glennon a lot and even if he has a 250 2 td performance, some people won't rush to the wire because some people don't believe two solid games in a row makes a QB. He has a rocket arm, and as mentioned above Wright is really stepping up and Mike Williams might be healthy enough to provide another dimension. I know Carolina is tough vs the run but I do like Glennon a lot moving forward.

Depending on your league size though, check how many other people will need a QB or are most likely putting in a waiver. I don't think you'll have to burn a waiver on either of them.

Now THERE is a well thought out response! Thank you. I'm going to grab someone today, and I'm leaning towards Glennon. If something changes, or something becomes obvious, I can always drop him and grab the best choice off waivers next week.

Without getting into a lot of unnecessary details, some douche in my 1QB league collects QBs for some reason, and I don't want this genius to get in the way. Its a minor irritation.

Thanks for answering these. I would like to know your thoughts on the following for a PPR league:

1) Ridley, Stacy, or Ogbonnaya at RB2?

2) Steve Smith or Nicks at flex?

3) Luck or Foles at QB?

Thanks again.

Trying to get Megatron from this guy. I'm 6-0, he's 2-4

QB: Bradford, Eli

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Cruz

WR3: Moore

RB1: Lynch

RB2: Moreno

TE: Tim Wright

Flex: Hartline

Bench: couple lottery tickets, pettus, lafell

I have to imagine Rudolph > Wright ROS. If Foles does well today and gets named the starter, do you think he'd take: Foles, Rudolph, Fitz, Sproles? I've considered VJax/Fitz/Sproles/Foles/Rudolph, but with his knee not 100% and a possible GTD every week, I'd like to have VJax as insurance. Too much, not enough?

Sorry but without seeing your team completely I can't make an analysis. I'm here to try to answer today's questions and not how to improve your team over the ROS. Sorry, but just quickly IMO I think Wright will be better than Rudolph ROS, today will answer that question with Mike Williams back.

Romo vs philly

Rivers vs Jax

Foles vs Dallas

Romo

Foles

Rivers.

Yep. I like Rivers last only because I believe they will enter this game much like every other team and run Mathews/Woodhead all day. I think the Eagles will run the ball with McCoy and work on high percentage short throws with the occasional deep bomb to DeSean. If the Cowboys are behind and running 5 wide with Romo, I like his chances of out scoring all of them.

Who will benefit more from Josh Freeman starting ROS, Simpson or Jennings?

IMO Jennings. They pay him more, he's on the field more, and he was still productive with both Ponder and Cassell (meaning he was seeing targets). Simpson has seen more targets, but will disappear in some games. I think it's very match up dependent, as far as if there's a top corner on Jennings it opens things up for big games from Simpson, but Freeman really likes to lock onto one deep threat. Either of them are worth owning and finding out, but my money is on Jennings to be more consistent and a better red zone weapon.

Hahah--I get your point. Its pretty funny that some of these guys post help threads and then only answer the easy ones.

Thoughts on this:

Week _8_ QB (grabbing one off FA today so I don't have to compete on waivers next week):

SBradford V. SEAj

ASmith V. CLE

RTannehill @ NE

GSmith @ CIN

TLewis @ NO

JFreeman V. GB

MGlennon V. CAR

Thanks man! Good luck in your games today!

It's a wait and see thing with Freeman, and because it's the Giants he might have a solid game but I expect him to still be learning the playbook and handing off to Peterson so you may not actually have to burn your waiver to get him. Same with Glennon. I actually like Glennon a lot and even if he has a 250 2 td performance, some people won't rush to the wire because some people don't believe two solid games in a row makes a QB. He has a rocket arm, and as mentioned above Wright is really stepping up and Mike Williams might be healthy enough to provide another dimension. I know Carolina is tough vs the run but I do like Glennon a lot moving forward.

Depending on your league size though, check how many other people will need a QB or are most likely putting in a waiver. I don't think you'll have to burn a waiver on either of them.

Now THERE is a well thought out response! Thank you. I'm going to grab someone today, and I'm leaning towards Glennon. If something changes, or something becomes obvious, I can always drop him and grab the best choice off waivers next week.

Without getting into a lot of unnecessary details, some douche in my 1QB league collects QBs for some reason, and I don't want this genius to get in the way. Its a minor irritation.

The only QBs I see that people would burn waivers for or stock pile moving forward -

would have been Foles, will be Glennon, and Freeman if he has a big game on Monday night. If Freeman looks similar or mediocre, people won't rush. But if there is atleast a spark of hinting that Jennings or Simpson could be the new Vincent Jackson, people will rush to the wire.

Thanks for answering these. I would like to know your thoughts on the following for a PPR league:

3) Luck or Foles at QB?

Thanks again.

3. I think Foles and Luck will have similar games, becoming game managers rather than fantasy studs. I think the Eagles will rely on McCoy over airing it out on the Cowboys and I doubt they fall far behind in this game that Foles would have to air it out. I like Luck to throw more often and I trust him with his decisions even when he is in comeback mode, which I fully expect the Broncos to put up a 35+ spot on Indy. Go with Luck.

2. I'd go Nicks. Usually the second wideouts on teams have done well vs. Minnesota, and Steve Smith is going to just put up the same consistent numbers he has been. Probably 5 or 6 catches for 60 yds or so and maybe a score. I think Smith's upside vs. the Rams is Nicks floor vs. the Vikings.

1. People might not believe me when I say Stacy has had good match ups lately (Houston being the last one), but this should be his first real test vs. Carolina. The Jets are awesome, and Brady shouldn't have to rely on Ridley, but it's kind of tough to sit him after last week but I don't expect a repeat. The RBs that score against Jets are capable pass catching backs, which Ridley is not. If they get near the goal line, Gronkowski might be the favorite option here now. I'm willing to gamble on Ogbonnaya, only because it's PPR, but it's a really tough decision between all of them. My opinion - safest option here is probably Ridley but you really have to hope for a cheap goal line TD. If you're feeling frisky, go with Ogs.

3) Luck or Foles at QB?

Thanks again.

3. I think Foles and Luck will have similar games, becoming game managers rather than fantasy studs. I think the Eagles will rely on McCoy over airing it out on the Cowboys and I doubt they fall far behind in this game that Foles would have to air it out. I like Luck to throw more often and I trust him with his decisions even when he is in comeback mode, which I fully expect the Broncos to put up a 35+ spot on Indy. Go with Luck.

2. I'd go Nicks. Usually the second wideouts on teams have done well vs. Minnesota, and Steve Smith is going to just put up the same consistent numbers he has been. Probably 5 or 6 catches for 60 yds or so and maybe a score. I think Smith's upside vs. the Rams is Nicks floor vs. the Vikings.

1. People might not believe me when I say Stacy has had good match ups lately (Houston being the last one), but this should be his first real test vs. Carolina. The Jets are awesome, and Brady shouldn't have to rely on Ridley, but it's kind of tough to sit him after last week but I don't expect a repeat. The RBs that score against Jets are capable pass catching backs, which Ridley is not. If they get near the goal line, Gronkowski might be the favorite option here now. I'm willing to gamble on Ogbonnaya, only because it's PPR, but it's a really tough decision between all of them. My opinion - safest option here is probably Ridley but you really have to hope for a cheap goal line TD. If you're feeling frisky, go with Ogs.

Thank you! That's basically how I feel across the board. I am very tempted to start Ogs, but I'm not sure I have the brass ones to follow through.

10 team non-PPR league.

I'm starting:

RB's - Martin & Gio Bernard

WR's - Marshall & Blackmon

Flex - Fred Jackson

I have T.Y. Hilton, Dre Johnson & Stacy on the bench, would you change anything?

Foles or Brady?

And Flex, I'm deciding between Gates, T. Williams and Woodhead.

Leaning Foles/Gates. Witten is my TE

My gut says Brady for reasons I've already talked about with Foles and Brady in this thread.

Woodhead over Gates and Williams. I think the Jags really struggle against shifty fast backs in open space, and the Chargers should have a run first mentality against the Jags. Depends if you're in a PPR league.

Have a flex question... Jordan Cameron @ GB or Keenan Allen @ Jax. I'm starting Julius Thomas at TE.

I'd lean towards Allen. Showing excellent chemistry and increase in targets with Rivers. Jacksonville is obviously a soft match up but I'm not sure they will have to throw much to win. Cameron was ok with Weeden earlier in the year, but Green Bay has virtually shut down most tight ends. Yahoo still shows GB giving up 4th most points to tight ends but only Vernon Davis really lit them up. I personally think Cameron's ceiling vs GB is Allens floor.vs Jax.

10 team non-PPR league.

I'm starting:

RB's - Martin & Gio Bernard

WR's - Marshall & Blackmon

Flex - Fred Jackson

I have T.Y. Hilton, Dre Johnson & Stacy on the bench, would you change anything?

Not at all.

Foles or Brady?

And Flex, I'm deciding between Gates, T. Williams and Woodhead.

Leaning Foles/Gates. Witten is my TE

My gut says Brady for reasons I've already talked about with Foles and Brady in this thread.

Woodhead over Gates and Williams. I think the Jags really struggle against shifty fast backs in open space, and the Chargers should have a run first mentality against the Jags. Depends if you're in a PPR league.

Its a non-ppr league. Sorry for leaving that out.