Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JJ954

2014 Bounceback Candidates

68 posts in this topic

Any veterans that had bad years this year you guys see having a bounce back season next year and plan on taking a flyer on them next year?

Ill throw out a few names.

Adam LaRoche

Jimmy Rollins

Marco Scutaro

Adam Dunn

A.J. Pierzynski

Ichiro Suzuki

Michael Young

Marlon Byrd (I know he had a good year, But do you think he will carry it into next year?)

A few names that arnt to old but had horrid seasons

Dan Uggla

Alcides Escobar

Miguel Montero

Yonder Alonso

I know this is a boring thread but these guys could be a key part to a fantasy teams run next season like Torri Hunter and Marlon Byrd were this year.

Thoughts?

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Tim Lincecum

Cory Luebke

Johnny Cueto

Yovani Gallardo

Dan Haren

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

5 people like this

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

pretty much all those guys are gonna still be taken fairly early, But I like the Aram pick, he may be a solid late rd pick. But the rest are big names that had ok seasons or young players who didnt live up to the hype.

Josh Reddick probably a good buy low candidate next year.

I agree, i could see him come back and hit 20-30HR, and I think he will fall alot in ADP next year.

Corey Hart.

Not old vets but younger injured pitchers like Brandon Beachy and Danny Duffy.

True, despite hes gonna be a huge risk/reward with his injuries, seems like the guy gives you a month or 2 and then gets hurt. If he stays healthy he would be great value, same as Carlos Quentin

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, October 20, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

lol yea pretty much all those guys are gonna still be taken fairly early, But I like the Aram pick, he may be a solid late rd pick. But the rest are big names that had ok seasons or young players who didnt live up to the hype.

lol? What's so funny, know-it-all? You didn't quote all of my pitchers. And not true at all.

My list is a helluva lot more useful than yours; I don't think I'd target anyone in there.

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

lol yea pretty much all those guys are gonna still be taken fairly early, But I like the Aram pick, he may be a solid late rd pick. But the rest are big names that had ok seasons or young players who didnt live up to the hype.

lol? What's so funny, know-it-all? You didn't quote all of my pitchers. And not true at all.

My list is a helluva lot more useful than yours; I don't think I'd target anyone in there.

Wow, you're mean. :unsure:

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

He lol'ed at my list. Couldn't let that stand, especially since his list isn't particularly good...

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

He lol'ed at my list. Couldn't let that stand, especially since his list isn't particularly good...

Your list are not sleepers, they are big names who had bad years....They will still be targeted come draft day, My list was towards old guys who could maybe give you one more good year and will be towards the end of the draft, and im not claiming to be a know it all, if that were the case I would be offended over a disagreeing comment and would comment back with a nasty comment because my ego would have been hurt. Thats not the case, we have different sets of sleepers like I said earlier no big deal man.
2 people like this

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

Your list are not sleepers, they are big names who had bad years....They will still be targeted come draft day, My list was towards old guys who could maybe give you one more good year and will be towards the end of the draft, and im not claiming to be a know it all, if that were the case I would be offended over a disagreeing comment and would comment back with a nasty comment because my ego would have been hurt. Thats not the case, we have different sets of sleepers like I said earlier no big deal man.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were asking for bounceback candidates, not sleepers. Pierzynski doesn't belong in either category, btw. You're sending mixed messages with your terminology.

At any rate, you're welcome to disagree with me any time you like. But save your obnoxious lol's. If you think my list was laugh-inducing, I've got news for you: yours won't help very many people.

Any veterans that had bad years this year you guys see having a bounce back season next year and plan on taking a flyer on them next year?

Adam LaRoche

Jimmy Rollins

Marco Scutaro

Adam Dunn

A.J. Pierzynski

Ichiro Suzuki

Michael Young

Marlon Byrd (I know he had a good year, But do you think he will carry it into next year?)

Dan Uggla

Alcides Escobar

Miguel Montero

Yonder Alonso

I know this is a boring thread but these guys could be a key part to a fantasy teams run next season like Torri Hunter and Marlon Byrd were this year.

Thoughts?

Maybe Alcides and Yonder, the rest no thanks

Adam LaRoche

Jimmy Rollins

Marco Scutaro

Adam Dunn

A.J. Pierzynski

Ichiro Suzuki

Michael Young

Dan Uggla

Alcides Escobar

Miguel Montero

Yonder Alonso

Thoughts?

Maybe Alcides and Yonder, the rest no thanks

I agree, no thanks to most of those. However, one interesting name is Justin Morneau. He didn't do much once he was traded to the Bucs, but there was a rotoworld blurb earlier today saying that he is being targeted by the Rockies. If he lands in CO he makes for an interesting late round pick as hitting in the thin Denver air could revitalize his career.

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Tim Lincecum

Cory Luebke

Johnny Cueto

Yovani Gallardo

Dan Haren

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

Are you just going to list everyone drafted in the top 100 last year who underperformed their draft spot? Thanks for the insight.

2 people like this

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Tim Lincecum

Cory Luebke

Johnny Cueto

Yovani Gallardo

Dan Haren

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

Are you just going to list everyone drafted in the top 100 last year who underperformed their draft spot? Thanks for the insight.

Since you're so knowledgeable give us some of your own insight... or don't you have any?

1 person likes this

Posted · Hidden by phizzics, October 21, 2013 - No reason given · Report post

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Tim Lincecum

Cory Luebke

Johnny Cueto

Yovani Gallardo

Dan Haren

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

Since you're so knowledgeable give us some of your own insight... or don't you have any?

Here's some insight: you're a phaggot.

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Justin Verlander

Josh Johnson

R.A. Dickey

CC Sabathia

Tim Lincecum

Cory Luebke

Johnny Cueto

Yovani Gallardo

Dan Haren

Buster Posey

Prince Fielder

Ryan Howard

Mark Teixeira

Billy Butler

Ian Kinsler

Aaron Hill

Jose Reyes

Starlin Castro

Aramis Ramirez

Chase Headley

Ryan Braun

Giancarlo Stanton

Curtis Granderson

Matt Kemp

Jason Heyward

Here's some insight: you're a phaggot.

Wow. You're about to be banned. Knew you were worthless as soon as you started posting here.

As far as Dunn goes, I'm not sure it gets better than 2013

Hit .219 with 34 HRs and 86 RBI

Not sure how much bounce is left

What a ridiculous response Napoli, why can't top 100 guys still be bouncebacks? Just as important to nail your early picks as it is to find the late rnd gold. 3rnd guys that give 1st rnd production are still value. Calm down ace

Yeah, Dunn is what he is.

Think AJ is the same.

Adam LaRoche

Jimmy Rollins

Marco Scutaro

Adam Dunn

A.J. Pierzynski

Ichiro Suzuki

Michael Young

Dan Uggla

Alcides Escobar

Miguel Montero

Yonder Alonso

Thoughts?

Just commenting on the AL guys: Escobar has the job in KC and no one is pushing him, so he might be worth a gamble a third/4th infielder. Ichiro probably won't play enough to be very relevant, although his speed will be handy to have around if needed.

From the Yanks, I like Tex and Grandy to bounce back. Not optimistic about CC and Jeter, at least to their past levels. Not optimistic at all about Ichiro.

Don't like Middlebrooks in Boston.

Jennings could be undervalued coming out of Tampa.

Don't like Hammel or Jim Johnson (figure even little Bucky will get tired of him sooner or later) in Baltimore. Morse will be worth a gamble and will probably be able to be had at a low pick (around 130 or 140 in an AL-only 10 team).

Don't like RA Dickey, but he could be decent at around 100 overall in an AL-only 10 team. Don't like Josh Johnson at all. Lawrie could be good around 80-100 in an AL-only 10-team league. Avoid Melky like the plague. Think Joey B should be able to stay healthy after missing significant time the last two years.

That's the AL East. Will do the Central tonight.

Those are the players from the AL East who had down/injured years. Johnson racked up 50 saves, but he blew 9, which puts him in the underperforming category in my book.

True, I guess the question with him is if he will even have a spot next year with Abreu there and if he will put up the same numbers as last year.

Pujols can't possibly be as bad as he was last year, the only question is how close he can come to pre-2013 production. He's a tough dude, and I could see him wanting to prove that he's got something left in the tank. His 2012 numbers might be within reach.