Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay85

Week 8 Wavier Wire Touts

Last week's "Waiver Wire Touts" thread can be found here.

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

With this threads relocation you may feel free to ask questions directly pertaining to your league and team situation and engage in discussion of ranking the players, who to add/drop etc.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past.

ITS A HUGE LIST --- SOME OF THEM COULD BE OLD BUT THIS IS THE TIME TO STASH THEM

Following Must be roster on deeper league or 12 Team Leagues.

1. Ruben Randle - Another TD Last week and Plus with Nicks hurting his finger.

2. Zac Stacy - Stacy is for real and he should be the Rams lead back going forward. New QB = Stacy at least has flex value. His upside is limited, so only prioritize him if you need immediate help at running back. Bench him against Seahawks.

3. Andre Ellington - Don't drop Ellington - he's too talented to leave out there on the waiver wire - but for now keep him on your bench until we can gauge Arians' sanity

Few Others - Brandon Jacobs, Ryan Mathews, Boykin & Terrance Williams

Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickups - Based on Week 6 Performance (Not necessarily in this order)

1. Harry Douglas - Should be owned in every league. If it is than go get now....WR1 for ATL. I am pretty i dont have to tell you that.

2. Percy Harvin - Harvin could be back as early as this week, and he'll be back sooner than later in any scenario. While he isn't going to get the number of touches he got in Minnesota, Harvin might not need that many to be relevant in what looks like a very explosive offense in the making.

3. Marvin Jones - We might have a true #2 receiver emerging in Cincinnati. Jones made a very tough catch for a score. At the very least he is worth a weekly what the heck flex consideration, but if Jones starts to get a more consistent helping of two wide receiver set snaps and targets, he might move up to WR3/Flex level.

4. Jeremy Kerley - He is putting up solid PPR numbers, and with Geno Smith growing by the week, Kerley is at least rosterable, if not startable in deep leagues.

5. Kendall Wirght - Wright is still mainly being used on short routes, but his quarterback play just got a bump, and he is emerging as the #1 target in this offense. His upside is limited in nonPPR leagues, but Wright appears to be a nice WR3/Flex in PPR going into his bye.

6. Darrius Heyward Bey - Heyward-Bey becomes the de facto #1 receiver in this offense with Reggie Wayne out for the season, but he is reliably unreliable, giving him a boom/bust WR3/Flex ceiling at best

7. Brandon Gibson - Gibson ruled the red zone and did well on his targets in the Miami offense that often relies on a three-wide set. His touchdown production will be sporadic, but Gibson has been providing a high enough PPR floor in most weeks to deserve flex consideration in good matchups, like next week's against the Patriots.

8. Riley Cooper - Cooper had his second straight good fantasy game, and he should be considered for pickup in deep leagues. Even though Michael Vick could hurt his weekly upside, Cooper should be helped by a weak schedule against the pass, and should be kept as a deep stash in case this hot streak continues.

9. LaVon Brazil - Brazil is a Matt Waldman Fav and Kept him after 4 games suspension. He will likely get on the field in three-wide sets, which could lead to fantasy relevance if he performs well. If Darrius Heyward-Bey or TY Hilton go down, that is another potential source of value for Brazill, assuming the Colts don't trade for a wide receiver.

10. Jacquizz Rodgers - MUST OWN IN PPR LEAGUE - Steven Jackson suffered a setback with his hamstring, so who knows when we'll see him again (he is supposed to start practicing again this week). In the meantime, Rodgers is doing a great Darren Sproles impression in the passing game (especially in the red zone), and Julio Jones being out for the year should keep enough targets freed up to allow Rodgers to be a good PPR flex even when Jackson returns

11. Mike James - James is going to be a hot pickup because Doug Martin is out indefinitely, but how can he do any better than Martin did (which wasn't great for fantasy, despite his clearly apparent talent)? James is a viable flex on volume of touches only, but he is unlikely to change the outcome of your fantasy season.

12. Chris Ivory - Ivory wasn't that impressive on his runs, but the coaches saw it fit to ride him in an important game against a bitter rival. Ivory helped the Jets control the clock, and there's no reason that he can't at least be a flex play for as long as he stays healthy if the Jets continue to use him in this manner.

13. Peyton Hillis - Hillis had the handling of a snowplow, but he was able to score and get a few nice gains against the Vikings. It was enough to be an RB2 in Week 7, and with the Eagles up in Week 8, he might be an RB2/Flex play again if Brandon Jacobs' hamstring isn't right by Sunday

14. Andre Brown - All of the news out of New York seems to put Brown as the lead back as soon as week 10. Brandon Jacobs is battling a hamstring, David Wilson won't have his neck injury reevaluated for weeks, and Brown sounds like he'll be ready to go as soon as he is eligible to come off a short-term IR. Don't wait a week longer to add him.

15. Shane Veeren - Vereen has more upside than Andre Brown, especially in PPR leagues, and he is in a better offense. He'll also have to share, which Brown might not have to do. Whether it's Vereen or Brown, it's time to add these backs that will be ready to contribute to your fantasy team down the stretch and in the playoffs.

16. Jason Reed - Reed is looking more like fellow former Florida Gator Aaron Hernandez every week. He schooled the Bears depleted LB corps, and in the process turned into Robert Griffin's #1 target on his best day of the season to date. The schedule and offense ensures that Reed will have a ton of opportunity to remain among the TE1 ranks. Break the bank for him if you have been left out in the cold at tight end or just lost Jermichael Finley.

17. Coby Fleener - Fleener is still hit and miss from week to week, but those hits could be bigger and more frequent with Reggie Wayne gone for the season.

18. Jeff Cumberland - Cumberland doesn't have the greatest hands, but he can get open downfield, and Geno Smith will likely keep giving him shots to make splash plays from the tight end position. If the waiver wire is bare and you need a Finley replacement, Cumberland at least has a high weekly ceiling.

Not Sure if i can talk about DEF - But here are my weekly pickups

1. New Orleans vs Buffalo - The suddenly good Rob Ryan defense in New Orleans will have the Superdome crowd behind them, and an offense that will likely stake them to a lead. This one could get ugly.

A Look Ahead: @NYJ DAL SF - If the Saints do you right this week, they might be a D/ST you leave in your lineup until they let you down.

2. Carolina - Thursday night factor, rookie QB factor, ferocious front seven factor, even the Michael Mitchell factor - all pointing towards Carolina being a very good play this week.

A Look Ahead: ATL @SF NE - The test of whether the Panthers are really playoff caliber is coming up. Chances are, you won’t want to be playing their D/ST through it.

3. Cicinnati vs Jets - Geno Smith is getting better in a “two steps forward, one step back” kind of way. Look for that step back in Cincinnati this weekend

A Look Ahead: @MIA @BAL CLE - Trick or treat! The Halloween night tilt against the Dolphins is probably one to avoid, even with the good Buffalo D/ST performance in South Florida last week. Week 11 vs the Browns, however, looks tasty.

4. Eagles vs NYG - The Giants have already given up three ST returns for scores, and don’t even get me started about Eli Manning’s penchant for throwing picks this year. The Eagles could be a big hit this week.

A Look Ahead - One week wonder

5. Packers vs @Vikings - The big question here is who will play quarterback for the Vikings. Wait, no it’s not, its just a question of whether that quarterback will be accurate enough to throw some picks, and if Leslie Frazier will come to his senses and just give Adrian Peterson the ball thirty times.

A Look Ahead: CHI PHI @NYG - A dream D/ST schedule means I won’t blame you for playing the Packers this week even though they are on the road against a divisional opponent.

Hope you guys liked it..

My Fav Sleeper - Gavin Escobar (Dallas TE)

I have no Clue on Packers TE Issue - Brandon Bostick or Andrew Quarless.

Jordan Reed*

Very good list. I would add Roy Helu Jr and Jarret Boykin to the must add list. Cole Beasley is solid for deeper PPR leagues. Keep an eye on the TE situation in GB (Quarless, Bostick, Stoneburner, Harper). Joseph Fauria's role is growing in Detroit (Tony Scheffler released). Also going to say keep an eye on Fozzy Whittaker again this week. I think he will take the #1 RB job in Cleveland within the next 3 weeks.

Im wondering peoples thoughts on these deeper guys as well:

Lance Dunbar--returning this week?

Krihry Robinson--could he emerge with Saints?

Bostick--like you stated above--but they mention he is a moving te unlike the other guy

Daniel Thomas--get 1/2 or 1/3 of the carries?

Donald Brown--if available--looks better than Trich

Brandon Jacobs or Hillis

Scooped up Anthony Fasano today. Not a flashy pick, but TE is thin these days, and for the bye's I think he'll do just fine. Reid plans on playing him for over 90% of snaps (I believe), so in PPR he should be 'good enough' to get you through your TE bye.

Week 8 waiver wire plug n plays:

QB: Palmer - I don't love Palmer but this is a tough week to stream a QB. Arizona gets 10 days to prepare to face the Falcons who have given up the 6th most points to QBs this year. ATL hasn't produced much of a pass rush this year, and when Palmer gets time to throw he is capable of making plays, the problem has been his line has been awful.

RB: Thomas - Coming off a week where he got more snaps and carries than Miller for the first time this year, he actually had a decent day (5 yards per carry). He now will get the Pats defense who is missing Wilfork and Mayo and getting Talib back. The way to beat the Pats is on the ground and he should get at least a 50 50 timeshare.

WR: Kerley - He is recieving the majority of targets in this Jets offense and has produced a TD and decent yardage totals in 2 out of the last 3 games. The Bengals just lost Leon Hall for the year, so there should be opportunites to beat them through the air now.

TE: Quarless - He will get an opportunity to produce with Finley down. He was given a shot in week 3 as well and didn't do much, but Rodgers had Cobb and a healthy Jones then as well. Minnesota is bad against TEs and lost their best safety Smith. You could certainly do worse than a guy who has Rodgers throwing him the ball.

DEF: Philly - The Giants have given up at least 9 points to every defense they have played. Las week was Eli's first game without an INT but not because he was good, because the Vikings dropped balls. The Giants still dont have a servicable RB to take pressure off Eli, he wont go back to back weeks without an INT.

Ben Watson could be an option for Finley or Graham owners in need of a short-term solution. Brees still looks to the tight end even without Graham, especially in the red zone and Watson is athletic enough to create mismatches in the Saints' offense. If Graham can't go against Buffalo, Watson should have a solid game.

Hardly any of these guys are available in my league... they were taken in the initial draft or early weeks.

Mike Brown JAX WR

AND

Marvin Jones CIN WR

are my guys.

Dropped the broncos for the panthers this week

I did the same in 2 leagues

Andre Brown should be back in week 10 and NYG will probably be feeding him plenty of touches.

I picked up stills in a few leagues. With graham banged up it seems like a no brainer based on what's out there in most leagues

Brett Favre!

I actually was looking to pick him up as a joke add but was disappointed that he wasn't listed. I'll have to go Tebow instead.

Now could be a good time to try and stash Crabtree if you have the luxury and roster space, plus the record to make it worth while.

I'd have to almost lose out in order to miss the wk 13-16 playoffs (which is the standard period I believe for H2H leagues if I'm not mistaking.... most leagues I've been in have held that structure, at least; and if he is projected to be back for game action in week 12, I would consider using him in week 14/15/16 probably, seeing how he looks for the first two weeks back.

But if you have room or an IR spot he is as worthy of a stash as anyone for the fantasy playoffs. I personally think he'll have an impact this year and in the regular season to boot, so he could still be very much relevant in fantasy leagues this season, even if only over a 5 week) span.

Now may be the time to pick up jake locker. Excellent bye week replacement to me given the titans schedule.

Now may be the time to pick up jake locker. Excellent bye week replacement to me given the titans schedule.

He shouldn't be available outside of the 8 team league.

Guest JimmyGs

He shouldn't be available outside of the 8 team league.

Lots of starters and upper end QB2s get dropped during BYEs.

Maybe stash Montee Ball if he's been cut (probable) by this point in your league. He is the outright #2 back tomorrow, fighting off only Moreno for carries it should seem. Hillman is set to be inactive. There's always a chance he winds up with the carries and can produce, leading to future work, but for now I'd say he's just a speculative add and stash for the time being if you have room and the need for a potential RB2 or FLEX option with some ceiling still. He may yet produce some value for owners who gambled on him.... I'm not too optimistic, but if ever there's a chance it's now, as the clear-cut #2.

ELLINGTON. Mendenhall is out, and he's the starter today, pick him up before he plays.

CJ. Anderson. This is an encouraging little post about him from rotoworld's blurbs, but it is all true too:

Broncos UDFA RB C.J. Anderson is expected to be active for the first time this year in Week 8 against Washington.

Montee Ball will be Denver's likely No. 2 back behind Knowshon Moreno, and Ronnie Hillman will not dress due to persistent fumbles. An undrafted rookie out of Cal, Anderson rushed 15 times for 69 yards (4.6 YPC) in Denver's preseason opener before suffering a right MCL sprain in practice that cost him the rest of camp. The Broncos still kept him on the 53-man roster, which speaks volumes about how high they are on Anderson. They were not willing to subject him to waivers. Anderson ran a solid 4.53 forty-yard dash at Cal's March Pro Day, weighing in at a muscle-bound 5-foot-8 and 224 pounds. He's worth monitoring closely in Dynasty leagues, and stashing in 14- and 16-team re-draft formats.

I like him a lot if Moreno happens to get injured. His build sees to imply he'd be an adequate blocker in the backfield, and Montee Ball and Hillman are both in the doghouse (it's not just Hillman, or Ball is just that underwhelming, but I don't see much chance for impact this season on Ball's end unless a LOT rolls his way, especially since he can't catch at all and likewise to Hillman, has questionable hands despite being able to block a bit).

Anderson is a decent stash for a week or so until it's easier to see who the #2 will be in DEN, or in case Moreno does get hurt. Deeper leagues- 14-16 teams for re-draft, or 12-16 for dynasty I think.

One more, right now might be a good time to maybe try to pick up Burleson and stash him on IR or your bench if you have room until he returns (soon). The Lions have shown little to no interest in trading for Britt or Gordon, so it looks like Burleson is going to be back in that #2 role pretty soon. Due back week 9 or 10, I think?.... not positive though. I do know it's pretty soon.

He is only owned in about 2 or 3% of ESPN leagues and could be nice for the stretch. He's gonna see targets opposite Johnson unless his return from injury slows him down significantly, but it looks like the Lions are ready to thrust him back in there as soon as possible while rolling forward with Durham, Broyles, Fauria, etc. as the rest of their assortment of receivers on offense for now.

This is more for week 9 but I'm giving you all a head-start: WR Kenny Stills

The Saints have been waiting for someone to emerge as a TD threat besides Jimmy Graham, and he is not only a threat to score, he is also a major deep threat (69 yard TD for one of his two scores so far today). He has 32 points... on my bench, in my league right now. I'm bummed I chose against betting with him, but I wanted to see him do this again, or score a TD at least first. Color me impressed and he should be added in all 12+ team leagues heading into next week, owned at under 1% right now when I look at his player card on ESPN......