Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HTXMade

LaVon Brazill 2013 Season Outlook

48 posts in this topic

Read that he may take a role as the situational deep threat just like TY. Could be a decent flier in deep leagues I assume

Everyone is saying that it DHB's and Hilton's will be the prime beneficiaries of Wayne's absence, and to a lesser extent Fleener.

Luck is going to throw the ball. I just find that DHB and Hilton have had many opportunities before, and the potential is always so much greater than the result. Not so sure the result will be much different this time.

Does Brazil have the skill set to step up? Does he have route running skills? I think the best route-runner will be the best candidate to absorb Wayne's targets.

I am hoping that Brazil's off field antics are the primary reason that he hasn't gotten a bigger role to this point. And that with Wayne's injury, opportunity and necessity will allow Brazil to step up in a way that Hilton and DHB could never do consistently.

@BrazillLaVon: I just want to thank everyone for all the support n full confidence in me. I will not let u guys down. Next man up. Time to shine.

I just have a bad feeling about DHB and I think others do too. He is still sitting on my WW and it's not because he is on BYE. I think LaVon could be a real breakout player here like TY was. Just my gut. No stats or facts to back it up.

Due to BYE weeks, I've decided to pick up and start this guy and pray that he becomes the next Victor Cruz.

Riveting tale, chap. Riveting tale.

1 person likes this

I got an extra spot now after dumping McGahee, I already have DHB, I think I might pick up Brazill. He is a dynamic talent.

Not a ringing endoursement:

Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano was laughing when asked who he thought the team’s third receiver would be for Sunday’s game at Houston Texans.

“I don’t know,” Pagano said. “Who would you classify as our third receiver? Shake them up, pull them out of the hat. Someone has got to emerge in the next three days. Again, I feel great about all those guys. Any one of those guys can go in there and be productive for us. So we’ll see how things shake out this week.”

Depth at receiver was a concern entering the season, and now it’s even more of a question with veteran Reggie Wayne out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL. Still, Pagano said they plan to “stand pat” instead of acquiring another receiver before the Tuesday trade deadline.

“You’re going to exhaust all resources, turn all stones and see if there’s somebody, but again, you got to bring somebody in in a short period of time and teach them the terminology and the system and all that stuff,” Pagano said. “These guys are more than capable. They’ve been here. We know what they are. They know our system.”

You’re forgiven if you have to do some research to find out who the other receivers are on the roster not named Wayne, T.Y. Hilton or Darrius Heyward-Bey. That’s because Griff Whalen, David Reed and LaVon Brazill don’t have much of a résumé when it comes to receptions in the NFL. The three have combined for 18 catches in their career.

Whalen, a teammate of quarterback Andrew Luck at Stanford, was a training-camp standout until injuries slowed him down. The Colts moved him to the active roster from the practice squad earlier this week.

“[We[ feel like they’ll all step up,” Pagano said. “They have to. They don’t have a choice. We know what Griff is. He’s a reliable guy and knows all the spots. Obviously has a good comfort level with the quarterback and vice versa. Expect Brazill and Reed to step up. ... They’ve all been in a room with one of the very best [Wayne] in the National Football League. So they understand what it takes, process and preparation. I feel good about the group.”

DHB looks questionable. I think Brazil might step it up and be worth a flier in deep leagues.

Really tempted to pick this guy up. No one in my league has ever mentioned this guys name and he could be a surprise. Reading that above link from today also makes me want to pick him up.

I made the pickup. I would rather pick him up now then see him explode then be a popular W.W. target. If he's a dud, i'll drop him if I need to. Looking forward to watching the Colts game now.

He has a great shot at being next week's Kenny Stills. If you got the spot to stash him it's worth the dice roll

He might start off well this week, DHB is limited, and the D will probably key or double Hilton. What I like about him most is his QB, who is better than most, Indy is going to continue to go up top on their run for the playoffs.

Some interesting speculation I found on the web.

Colts fan here. With the injury to Reggie Wayne, Hilton and Fleener (disappointment thus far as a 2nd rd pick) seem the most likely to benefit. DHB cannot hold onto the ball and I don't see his role increasing for that reason. Hilton is more of a deep burner, a little slight to be making catches over the middle and will draw a lot of coverage, coverage that he has not had to deal with yet as a player.. That leaves Brazill who looked very good last year in the offense, but missed the 1st 4 games this year due to suspension for marijuana use. Brazill is similar in size to Wayne and looked very good last year when given the chance as the 4th receiver behind Wayne, Avery, and Hilton. He caught a long TD against Detroit, for instance.

I see Brazill as having the most "WR1" potential on the Colts at this point. In fact, the Colts brought him up on Oct 8 prior to the Wayne injury, so he was going to get playing time regardless. With the bye week to prepare him, I could see him having a big week 9 and beyond. My plan is to roster him in my 14-team league. I think he's worth a stash in deeper leagues and could be that post-injury surprise where you say "why didn't I see this coming?

To clarify the WR1 thing:

I'm not saying Brazill is a WR1 in your fantasy league, rather he has #1 WR potential on the Colts. He has potential to be a WR2/3 in most leagues. This is enhanced because he is coming from nowhere and a few defenses may get surprised by him. He is a pickup now, play, then sell-high kind of guy, though he could be a keeper in dynasty leagues.

He might start off well this week, DHB is limited, and the D will probably key or double Hilton. What I like about him most is his QB, who is better than most, Indy is going to continue to go up top on their run for the playoffs.

He definitely has luck on his side.