Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LongbowFoSho

Longbow's "HELP" Thread

NEW TRADE RATE: RYAN+GORDON+S-JAX FOR RODGERS+JORDY NELSON.

Thoughts? We've been hashing this out. I'm planning on picking up Zac Stacy to replace Jackson.

Also, would you rather have MJD or T-Rich?

Thanks!

Hey, Thanks for the help on my post.

I like the trade for you, I am a big buyer of the Rodgers and Nelson duo, then again, who isn't?

As for the MJD and Trent Richardson question. I am stashing T-rich over MJD just based on upside. MJD appears to have nothing left in the tank.

Thanks for the help. He wouldn't throw in T-Rich, which isn't a big deal. I'm grabbing Zac Stacy off waivers anyways.

Trade complete! I also picked up Stacy, so it feels like a win. I don't like relying on one QB in my two main leagues, but its not like I'm pinning all my hopes on Tannehill or someone like that. It's A-Rod, man! I also didn't like having so many Falcons on my team, either. I have a little more balance now.

Thanks for the help, peoplez.

I'm starting New Orleans this week. The Bills with a backup QB and a banged up pair of RBs should be good news for the Saints.

I'd go NO.

I used Buffalo last week and they netted me 17 points to my surprise, though. One week I opted against Minny who had fared terrible the previous two and they had a nice week. I've had bad luck and good luck with D/ST this year. I'd still say NO is safer than Cincy today. Good luck with McGahee..... I'm still tearing myself on Oogaboogerman and Ball for my #2 RB. bluh.

Status report:

League 1: I'm up 106.30-55.78. I have Stacy left to play and he has Russel Wilson and Jared Cook. I should win, but Wilson goes off sometimes and who knows when Jared Cook will suddenly decide to become relevant again. This one would be a real nailbiter if I hadn't gotten a combined 40 points out of Cincinatti's defense and Dan Bailey. I'll never bench Josh Gordon for Blackmon again. Ever.

League 2: This one goes in the win column. 132.8-91.30 with no one left to play. My trade for Rodgers and Nelson is the sole reason I won this matchup since neither Matt Ryan nor Tom Brady would have done anything useful today. I really dodged a bullet here, I think.

League 3: The bye week was just too much for me to overcome in a large league like this. I'm down 106.24-115.99 with no one left to play for me. I actually exceeded projections, but came up short. I shouldn't fall lower than 3rd or 4th, so I'm still in the hunt.

Planning ahead for next week:

League 1 and League 2: Would you guys drop anyone from my rosters for Marvin Jones or Andre Ellington? Both are long gone in League 3, but I'm always looking to improve, especially at RB in League 2.

Thanks!

I'm a huge ATL fan and our O-line is beyond bad and our defense is even worse so we're going to be throwing a lot so I'd consider dropping S-Jax for Ellington whereas Marvin Jones in my opinion is a one game wonder..GB likes to play 3 WR sets so Boykins going to be playing even with James Jones coming back

In league 2 I'd drop Deangelo Williams for Ellington..With Johnathon Stewart coming back it's going to hurt him

So drop Steven Jackson and Deangelo Williams for Ellington? Its tough to drop Jackson after holding onto him all season while he's been injured.

Stacy was defintely injured on last drive in the game - so keep an eye on that.

Team #2 - I would drop DWill (if not Stacy) for Ellington w/ JStew coming back soon. Stacy was defintely injured on last drive in the game - so keep an eye on that.

I'm not sold on Marvin Jones who just had the best game of this life (along w/ Dalton) - he could be useable and everyone will try to grab him. Maybe grab him for Stacy if injured on Team #1 - not so sure about the others - maybe a speculative add on Team #3 if you don't trust DHB but I probably wouldn't do it.

Our O-Line is one of the worst in the league and so is our defense..It hurts to say that but our upcoming schedule isn't friendly either as we play the panthers twice, Seattle, Green Bay, 49ners, and the Saints..We do have some easy ones..Tampa, Buffalo and the Redskins but with Stacy hurt he becomes the drop now

Thanks for all the help, guys. Let's keep this going:

League 1: I'm riding a six game winning streak into 2nd place and a tough match-up with #1, who will thankfully be without Peyton and Juilus due to bye. Still, the guy has some weapons:

Pearce_zps219f65d2.jpg

I could really use a marquee WR to make guessing each week a little easier on who to start, but I'm not sure who I'd target or how. I think I have a little leverage sitting on the bench at RB, maybe I could package a couple of them for someone like Dez or Marshall.

Foster's injury is really stressing me out. I thought about offering Foster straight-up to a Alfred Morris owner. Maybe Foster for Dez?

On the waiver front, here are some intriguing options: TY Hilton, James Jones (he would only replace Boykin), and Marvin Jones. I'm starting to sour on Blackmon because of their offense overall, garbage time or not. I'm leaning towards Hilton to replace him, especially since I lost Wayne last week. I'm also conisdering dropping Steven Jackson for Ellington.

Summary:

1. Lineup suggestions for this week? Things get murky for the flex and WR, especially with Vjax playing Seattle.

2. Trade Foster for another RB or true WR1?

3. Which WR off waivers? Stay put?

4. Drop Steven Jackson for Ellington?

League 2:

My biggest weakness here is RB fo sho. Foster isn't a guarantee to play (and neither is Tate or I would have picked him up)and MJD and Moreno are on bye, leaving me with a possibly injured Stacy or Deangelo Williams. I have to add someone and roster limits make me drop a RB. The only real options are Ellington and Tate. Williams is the somewhat obvious drop candidate here, but for whom? I've looked around for trade options, but they're pretty limited. There's a Alfred Morris owner who is hurting at WR, so maybe Vjax+MJD?

I also have lineup questions at TE and Flex.

Summary:

1. Who to drop for Ellington?

2. Trade V-jax for a RB1?

3. Gonzo or Cameron at TE?

League 3: I took a loss this week, but now I get my full lineup back. Not much I can do in a large league like this, so we'll see what happens. I do need to drop McGahee, but for whom? Not a lot of options beyond fliers and handcuffs at RB.

1. McGahee has go go. Who to replace him?

Options:

1. Tate

2. Andre Brown

3. Daryl Richardson (if Stacy's ankle is a multi-week injury)

2. I have the Jets defense and that's not good. Oakland vs Philly? Their QB situation is a mess.

Thanks again!

Thanks for mine.....whew.....let me take a second to digest all of this. First of all, I don't think that now is the time to try to trade Foster. Folks will be worried about his hammy (as they should be, and as you are). I would drop SJax for Ellington. I would also grab TY Hilton quickly. DHB is horribly inconsistent. TY will end up getting the most looks and chances in that offense moving forward (it's always good to have a quality backup, but I think you could drop Pryor for him -- don't give up on Blackmon). League 3, drop McGahee for Andre Brown and pick up Oakland vs. Philly (but ONLY if Barkley is scheduled to play). Won't help you this week, but will be a RB1 the remainder of the year if Wilson doesn't come back. League 2, yeah, I would try to trade VJax for an RB1. Hope that helps a little bit. Lots to digest.

Thanks for the input on mine.

For league 1 I'd stay put since you are looking good at RB/WR, but for league 2 I'd drop Deangelo for Ellington or Jones in that order. Everyone else on the roster look good or have more value.