Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LongbowFoSho

Longbow's "HELP" Thread

League 1:

1. Pick a flex. I currently have Foster there, but might pick up James Jones in place of Boykin and flex him if he's healthy. Thoughts?

Play Foster if he's healthy. And I would drop Pryor before Boykin.

2. Gronk or Reed? Seems like a no-brainer, but Brady hasn't been very good and Pitt isn't terrible against the pass.

I'd start Gronk and trade one of them.

3. Is V-jax a lock at starter? Seattle is tough against the pass.

Not necessarily a lock, but you don't have the WR depth to not start him.

League 2:

1. Drop Brady for Locker or Cutler?

I'd try to deal Brady first if you're gonna drop him. Even if you get a guy that's just above WW material.

2. Pick 3: Jordy, Torrey, V-Jax, T. Williams, Douglas

Jordy, Vjax, Douglas

League 3:

1. Jacoby Jones, DHB or Greg Olsen in the flex?

DHB

2. New Orleans vs the Jets or Oakland vs Philly?

New Orleans

I agree with all of these ideas.

In league 1, agree w/ the pryor sentiment. You have rodgers, when will you start pryor?

Not sure why you'd pick up cutler when his timetable is unclear, and you already have rodgers. Though if healthy i like him >brady.

I like his suggestions on who to start/sit as well

McCoy>Moreno>Morris, imo. McCoy is too dynamic to ignore

this and moreno is better than both in ppr at least for now

I keep Pryor in case Rodgers goes down. There isn't much on the WW in that league. Besides, I don't want more than one GB WR on my team.

I've tried to trade Brady to no avail. No one needs/wants a 7 ppg QB.

As above, Moreno>>Morris.

League 1:

1. Foster.

2. Gronk

3. V Jax-- good potential for garbage time too

League 2:

1. No. Cutler may not be back til week 12. I'd keep brady.

2. Pick 3: Jordy, Torrey, V-Jax,

League 3:

1. DHB

2. New Orleans vs the Jets

I keep Pryor in case Rodgers goes down. There isn't much on the WW in that league. Besides, I don't want more than one GB WR on my team.

I've tried to trade Brady to no avail. No one needs/wants a 7 ppg QB.

Haha I feel you. I'm thrilled i moved brady for romo a few wks back. Have him in another league when someone included him as a toss-in, and I can't give the guy away!

I'd take a healthy jones>boykin as well. But boykin has some value at this point, if you could deal him

I'd say Mccoy, Moreno, Morris regardless of type of league

Moreno and Morris both have other rbs that steal carries but Moreno is in the better offense

I'm asking this again because its still bothering me. I've decided to start Jordy and T-Williams at WR in League 2, but the flex is worrisome.

Pick one: Torrey, V-Jax, Douglas

I'm trying to deal Blackmon and Reed for Dez right now, but this owner is hard to corral into a deal.

I don't blame him! haha

I just dealt Blackmon & TRich for green, but the commissioner vetoed it! I told him that was ridiculous, and he said he'd let it go through if we resent the trade, so hopefully it'll get done. He felt like our friend had given up and was just giving green away. While I admit that he seems to have lost his resolve, you could make an argument that he really needs RB help and this is a high risk high reward deal for him.

As for your flex:

I wouldn't start smith, as he's facing cleveland and Haden will lock him down.

VJax will get a lot of targets, especially w/ williams out. But I think he could get heavy coverage w/ nobody else for glennon to throw to (see: williams out lol)

Douglas also has a bit of a tough matchup, but I almost like him more vs. carolina

So maybe I'd go douglas

As for your flex:

I wouldn't start smith, as he's facing cleveland and Haden will lock him down.

VJax will get a lot of targets, especially w/ williams out. But I think he could get heavy coverage w/ nobody else for glennon to throw to (see: williams out lol)

Douglas also has a bit of a tough matchup, but I almost like him more vs. carolina

So maybe I'd go douglas

Pretty much my thought process entirely. Douglas also has a better QB throwing him the ball. He's the lesser of three evils.

In League 1, TY Hilton is still available. Vincent Jackson's matchup terrifies me, so should I drop Boykin for Hilton and start Hilton over V-Jax?

League 1: OK I just did something else instead. I added Hilton and dropped Boykin (WR1 vs WR3, easy decision), then I added James Jones as a stash for later and dropped Blackmon. Everyone thinks Blackmon has a lot of value, but I can't move him and he's burned me.

So now: Hilton or Vincent Jackson?

Two more tough choices, as Houston's D has been very good vs. the pass.

Ugh idk, maybe VJax? You know he'll get like 12+ targets

The thing is that Indy has actually done pretty well against good pass defenses. They ran all over Seattle and San Francisco, with Hilton going OFF against Seattle. I just don't like Jackson's matchup OR QB situation. I'm starting Hilton unless Jones is healthy.

Thanks for the help. Jackson bc of target volume. I don't think TB's run will do well @ SEA. They will have to throw.

League 1: OK I just did something else instead. I added Hilton and dropped Boykin (WR1 vs WR3, easy decision), then I added James Jones as a stash for later and dropped Blackmon. Everyone thinks Blackmon has a lot of value, but I can't move him and he's burned me.

You shouldn't have dropped blackmon and easily vjax

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=393235#entry4013324

Thanks for the help. Jackson bc of target volume. I don't think TB's run will do well @ SEA. They will have to throw.

I agree with this. V-Jax is an awesome talent and gets targeted like crazy even when they're throwing out some rag arm chump at QB. He's really close to unbenchable, imo.

VJax. He's going to get his opportunities and has been playing well.

NEW TRADE: Brady and D. Williams/Stacy for Ridley. The guy is a desperate Stafford & Kap owner with no QB for this week. I can pick up Locker off waivers.

Thoughts? This is in League 2 BTW.