Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zapatross

Brian Leonard 2013 Season Outlook

37 posts in this topic

I know this is an extreme shot in the dark, anyone think he could be more valuable in PPR leagues than James? We've seen a lot of third down backs/pass catchers outscore a lot of disappointing RBs this year. Anyone know anything about James in pass pro, and whether or not the veteran Leonard can benefit in those situations? Obviously this is a question for pretty deep leaguers.

kinda surprised this "passing back" isn't getting more buzz in deep ppr leagues on a team that'll see plenty of garbage time

6 receptions on 7 targets last week ... should be good for ~5 receptions most weeks at least.

kinda surprised this "passing back" isn't getting more buzz in deep ppr leagues on a team that'll see plenty of garbage time

6 receptions on 7 targets last week ... should be good for ~5 receptions most weeks at least.

Shhhh... This is my sneaky play this week since I'm decimated by BYE weeks @RB

Watching the game last week he was open on a ton of plays too were he didn't receive the ball. Maybe this week he can catch a few more passes on some of those plays

Think he would be the featured back if James goes down or would they do a committee?

If James goes down he'll definitely be a RB2, especially in PPR leagues. I'm hoping he remains the 3rd down back because he has solid value right now as a lower end RB3 in PPR leagues.

Think he would be the featured back if James goes down or would they do a committee?

I just knew this was going to happen...

I was so close to dropping Bucs D for him tonight becuase I don't need the points. Damn he's gonna be a top pick up.

Next week he gets the Falcons, really nice match up if he plays and Martin doesn't. PPR gold.

However, they just said James's injury isn't as serious as it was first thought, probably because I just picked Leonard up.

Next week he gets the Falcons, really nice match up if he plays and Martin doesn't. PPR gold.

However, they just said James's injury isn't as serious as it was first thought, probably because I just picked Leonard up.

Hard to believe since he looked in a lot of pain but maybe it was more pain than anything substantial.

BRIAN LEONARD FOR FEATURE BACK!!! COME ON DOWN!!

Latest RW blurb:

Coach Greg Schiano said he expects to use Brian Leonard and Bobby Rainey in a timeshare going forward.

Doug Martin (shoulder) is on injured reserve and Mike James (ankle) is about to join him. In Monday night's win over the Dolphins, Leonard got 22 touches and Rainey got nine, but Rainey was the one doing work in the crucial fourth quarter. He got the go-ahead touchdown on a 1-yard scamper to the edge. "That's probably how we'll have to go -- ham and egging with those two guys and see what we can do," Schiano said. Look for Leonard to be the early-down pounder and Rainey to be mixed in as the change-of-pace back. The touch split should be similar to the one we've seen with Rashard Mendenhall/Andre Ellington and BenJarvus Green-Ellis/Gio Bernard. Neither back will be much more than a flex play going forward.

I'm going with Rainey. Leonard couldn't handle the 20+ carries they gave him.

From what I saw, Rainey definitely has the upside. Leonard is the definition of a plodder.

I'm going with Rainey. Leonard couldn't handle the 20+ carries they gave him.

From what I saw, Rainey definitely has the upside. Leonard is the definition of a plodder.

Leonard is nothing special as a runner, but Rainey is still relatively new to the team and will need a few weeks to get the playbook down. I expect a 70/30 Leonard/Rainey split over the next 2/3 weeks and then nothing more than a 50/50 timeshare after that.

Ugh. Was hoping Leonard would do more with the opportunity than he did last night. Not so sure he's worth burning a number 1 waiver priority if rainey will be getting a bunch of reps.

So, picked up Leonard in a partial PPR league thinking he'll continue to get a lots of looks in the passing game AND now pickup some early down and GL looks. Sorry, but this Rainey "kid" who even Cleveland did not want needs to take a back seat. He lucked out on a TD against a poor run defense. Uh, ok. Leonard got the majority of touches, is tight with the coaches and has a really good opportunity this week to show his stuff. I think he could rush 20/80/1 and recv 4/30 easily this week. IF he does well then the RBBC talk will simmer down. Martin was the bell cow and James became the bell cow so I think that TB would lean towards that with Leonard if he can prove he would be a fine 3 down back this week. I am on board!!

So, picked up Leonard in a partial PPR league thinking he'll continue to get a lots of looks in the passing game AND now pickup some early down and GL looks. Sorry, but this Rainey "kid" who even Cleveland did not want needs to take a back seat. He lucked out on a TD against a poor run defense. Uh, ok. Leonard got the majority of touches, is tight with the coaches and has a really good opportunity this week to show his stuff. I think he could rush 20/80/1 and recv 4/30 easily this week. IF he does well then the RBBC talk will simmer down. Martin was the bell cow and James became the bell cow so I think that TB would lean towards that with Leonard if he can prove he would be a fine 3 down back this week. I am on board!!

Rainey got those fourth quarter carries because Leonard was cramping up. He wore down that defense for Rainey to scamper. Leonard is the main guy in that backfield and Rainey is the change of pace.

Yahoo has a total boner for this guy right now.

Week 11 - 75 Rush Yds, 4 Rec/29 yards

Week 12 - 57 Rush Yds, 4 Rec/33 yards

Week 13 - 55 Rush Yds, 4 Rec/33 yards

Week 14 - 73 Rush Yds, 4 Rec/31 yards

Week 15 - 69 Rush Yds, 4 Rec/30 yards

Week 16 - 74 Rush Yds, 4 Rec/29 yards

-- This is top tier RB2 value, possibly even low RB1.

i find it hard to believe it but it is quite possible that Leonard is the dark horse for outside looking in teams down the stretch.

Picked him up just in case. Partially so my competition couldn't. I've stacked all the WW RB's from the last month since no one would trade me a WR :rolleyes:

Leonard is no dark horse. He's Peyton Hillis lite. But its he's not a bad start the next two weeks (ATL, DET), especially if you're in a PPR, or partial PPR league.