Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

giantsjetssuperbowl

Trade Giovani Bernard for Jordan Cameron and Andre Ellington

So my tight ends are Tim Wright (Bucs) and Garret Graham (Texans, who are on Bye)

Someone in my league wants to trade Cameron and Ellington for Bernard and Terrance Williams, but he said he might accept just Bernard.

This is my team:

QB: Terrelle Pryror

WR: Jordy Nelson

WR: AJ Green

RB: Gio Bernard

RB: Bilal Powell (Steven Jackson if he comes back this week)

TE: Tim Wright

Flex (WR/RB/TE): Terrance Williams

K: David Akers

Def: San Fran

Bench:

Steven Jackson

Garret Graham (Bye)

Andrew Luck (Bye)

Kendall Wright

He has Welker and Cruz so he has no need for Terrance Williams. If I give up Bernard though, I cripple myself if Jackson doesn't come back.

What do you guys think? Should I do it?

I don't think that is a fair enough value for a solid RB2. Especially because you just have powell and steven jackson. Who is going to be your RB if powell is phased out and/or steven jackson doesn't fully get over his injury or gets re-injured. You don't want to solve a hole by creating a new one. Plus, give garret graham a chance, you can't fully judge him these past few weeks with the mess that team is in.

What TEs are available to pick up?

Thanks for the quick reply. Coby Fleener is the best available but he's on bye. Everyone else is garbage (Kyle Rudolph, Jeff Cumberland, Brandon Myers, Dallas Clark, Delanie Walker). Garrett Graham is on bye as well.

I should mention my opponent has a pretty decent team too:

QB: Russell WIlson

WR: Justin Blackmon

WR: Harry Douglas

RB: Michael James

RB: Alfred Morris

TE: Charles Clay

Flex: Antonio Brown

K: Succop

Def: Dallas

Powell is all but phased out at this point IMO with Ivory getting 34 carries last week. I'd say try a TE on waivers based on matchups, if u have the space maybe pickup Fleener and Rudolph it's an annoying strategy BUT to have to give up Bernard, it depends how much u value Caneron and Ellington...honestly look at each players matchups in the weeks you league has playoffa and assuming u have a strong chance to make them see what helps u beat come playoff time

I guess I am in the minority. I would do that trade. You get an immediate boost in points with Cameron at Te. Rarely does someone trade their te1.

Secondly, Ellington has been trending up. Ignore the Seattle game because that defense is nasty. Bernard is still sharing carries. I think they will provide similar value going forward.

Actually it's funny, I look at this again as I check my post and I see simply Bernard for Caneron and Ellington and my first thought is DEFINETLY...so I say do it...still check matchups but if good, DO IT

Ah I'm still on the fence, guys, match ups and projections say yes but I felt like Gio Bernard was such a steal in the draft and really think he has major upside especially with AJ Green being able to open up lanes for him.

Thanks for the help on mine.

I think you go for the deal. Cameron is a huge upgrade at that position and I think Ellington will have a solid role going forward. It leaves you quite thin at RB obviously, so you have to be comfortable with that and hope SJax gets back into form soon.

If there's any way you can hold out until after you see Campbell and Cameron's chemistry, I would. I still think you should hold on to Gio, though. He's just too valuable to your team. Ellington could be good, though, but he's in a time share too with Mendenhall.

I'd stay pat for now. Good luck! And thanks for the help on mine!

keep gio. the dude has been quietly doing well and he's not even full time yet. might never be but he's scary to go up against (when he's sitting in the dude's flex)

Thx for the help. I wouldn't do the trade, too light on RB depth and even if Ellington has a role he's on AZ inept offense.

Wow, I didn't realize they made another QB switch. I think I'll hold off till next week. I'm banking on Tim Wright right now to give me something. We have waiver auctions which is interesting so maybe I'll try and bid on Fleener for Garrett Graham for week 9.

I'd hold off for now, as much as Cameron would be an upgrade, the Texans love using their tight ends and Graham could still have some good value after the bye. I still think they have Jax twice. And much rather have Gio over Ellington

Thanks for the help on mine.

is cumberland or heath miller or even dallas clark on ur ww? i dont see graham doing much. texans passing game is going to be super hit or miss (even more so than Jets)