Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick Bateman

10.24.13 -- TNF: Carolina Panthers @ TB Buccaneers

639 posts in this topic

Another barnburner on the national stage. Who doesn't want to see willowy Mike Glennon handing off to some dude named Mike James or throwing the ball to Tom Crabtree? Hey, you think VJax is happy he took the money to go from SD to TB? Tampa does have more strippers per capita, so may be so! TB has a poor OL surrounded by a rookie QB that looks like a never will be with only a good WR or two. They have a beat up OL, a defensive scheme that doesn't play to their best player's strengths, and what's looking like one of the worst HC hires since Lane Kiffin. In short, TB is dreadful.

Meanwhile, Carolina sports a nasty Defense and is led by an improving Cam Newton (can we say that?), with SSS, a decent DeAngelo Williams and some speed in Ted Ginn Jr and Brandon LaFell. Carolina has won 3 of it's last 4 and with a win could put themselves into the 2nd WC conversation in the NFC. So......naturally, I expect a TB victory.

This game has the markers of something that must be survived rather than enjoyed.....Band together and we can make it thru this together.....

Hey, it's still better than baseball. :P Don't they have a game or something going on tonight???

1 person likes this

Go V-Jax! Go Steve Smith! Go Timothy Wright! Mike Glennon needs to latch onto vincent jackson again this week.

All I know is, I need VJax to continue beasting tonight. :wacko: I've got 3 starters on their bye weeks, not including the terrifying season ending neck injury to Jermichael Finley and an ailing DeMarco Murray.

Go Panthers. Everything points to a Panthers win in Primetime. And they usually choke in situations like this. So I'm nervous.

Panthers should be 5-1 but they gave away their first 2 games. They should win if they don't play down to the level of their competition or do any funny business with Cam.

1 person likes this

I am starting Steve Smith this week....I will see you guys in the vent and rant thread in a little more than 3 hours.

I am starting Steve Smith this week....I will see you guys in the vent and rant thread in a little more than 3 hours.

me too. See you there buddy.

Hate starting players on Thursday, but have SS, VJax and Panthers D going in a lot of leagues... Please be merciful TNF.

I just hope my Daughters players make it out this one ok. haha

She lost Wayne, Martin, Finley & Cutler last week.

She has VJAX & James going tonight.

2 people like this

That's nice man, can't wait 'til my son is old enough to play Fantasy Football with his old man, he's only a toddler right now.

Just plugged in James for Stacy. Really tough matchup for both. Can't wait to regret it in a few hours!

Don't worry. I lost Finley too. My IR players might reach the maximum. I am in the same boat.... I got V-Jax, Wright, and SS

That's nice man, can't wait 'til my son is old enough to play Fantasy Football with his old man, he's only a toddler right now.

I play in the same league as my dad. It is great, especially for trades. Been playing in the same league for years.

Enjoy your 5 catches for 60 yds lol

He's on my bench for that reason

She been bugging me for years to get in on football. Her first year and got treated very badly by the FF gods. haha

She got rose and melo in basketball leagur though so that kind cheered her up.

She been bugging me for years to get in on football. Her first year and got treated very badly by the FF gods. haha

Haha nice man, nice to see Fantasy Football being used as a bonding tool for family. That's good to hear.

1 person likes this

I play in the same league as my dad. It is great, especially for trades.

3rj2uw.jpg

1 person likes this

Melo/Rose duo is pretty good. She must know alot of NBA. That's a good thing.

Got Mike Mitchell starting tonight in my IDP league, hoping he can keep his INT streak alive and pick off Glennon.

1 person likes this