GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Why wouldn't you want opinions? (this is more a reply to everyone than the last poster)

I have no issue with opinions. It's opinions pushed as fact I have issue with. But at the end of the day, I don't really have issue, because I believe they are mostly idiots, and I love that many people in my fantasy league listen to them as Gospel.

I don't think they're idiots, I just think they have opinions, and state them strongly. Since it's fantasy football they miss, because nobody can predict what will happen in the future. I love it for the same reason you do, people will read their updates and take it as "PROFESSIONAL ADVICE!" so if I disagree and I'm right I have a huge advantage.

I think they're damn funny too when they are tearing a player down.

That's funny you thought that 2nd year RB article was good. I thought it was trash. He went through showing 10 years of RBs that had good rookie years and how they did in their 2nd year. In an NFL that has entirely changed over the last 10 years then the author goes on to say, I don't know what the hell any of this means.

I think this was meant for "The Jesus". I don't think there is any issue with compiling stats, not finding anything and sharing the results to see what others think.

As was mentioned later on in this thread, there are so many variables (injuries, timeshare, team situation) that can lead to a second year slump, I'm not sure how valuable overall it is to just look at ypc or yards and try to infer some meaning.

Edited by Iron-cock

I don't think they're idiots, I just think they have opinions, and state them strongly. Since it's fantasy football they miss, because nobody can predict what will happen in the future. I love it for the same reason you do, people will read their updates and take it as "PROFESSIONAL ADVICE!" so if I disagree and I'm right I have a huge advantage.

I think this was meant for "The Jesus". I don't think there is any issue with compiling stats, not finding anything and sharing the results to see what others think.

As was mentioned later on in this thread, there are so many variables (injuries, timeshare, team situation) that can lead to a second year slump, I'm not sure how valuable overall it is to just look at ypc or yards and try to infer some meaning.

Valid points. I hear what you're saying. We all got our schools of thought and it's cool seeing everyone else's school of thought come together, regardless of whether you agree or disagree.

Thought this was kind of funny. I don't know about yall, but I'm a borderline junkie, and it's hard for me not to read a lot of the stuff they put up, but damn, they really just waste a lot of my time with a bunch of needless stuff.

Apparently the Lions can either Trade Up, ORRRR... They can stay put! I'm waiting on pins and needles for another 2 paragraph follow up letting me know they also have the option of trading down! When does an editor or someone just step in and say, "enough you Captain Obvious dip-sheet, there is literally ZERO need to publish and post this"

IYpUX7r.jpg

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

When does an editor or someone just step in and say, "enough you Captain Obvious dip-sheet, there is literally ZERO need to publish and post this"

In general you don't. It's draft day and people are hungry for news(content) even if it's BS. Generating content to drive people back to your website is usually a good idea, since Rotoworld is mostly a news aggregator with opinions they aren't going to pass on much....

There was probably some Lions fan that read that and said "SO THERE IS STILL A CHANCE WE GET WATKINS!!! YEY!"

• Like 1

We all got our schools of thought and it's cool seeing everyone else's school of thought come together, regardless of whether you agree or disagree.

BTW: Important point, but good luck because half the people around here take "I disagree" as "I hate you"

• Like 2

Headline on the front page.

"Sanchez and Foles to compete for backup role."

I guess matt Barkley won the starting job?

ESPN Dolphins' Reporter James Walker only expects Miami to keep six of the 11 wide receivers currently on the roster.

Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline and the newly-drafted Jarvis Landry are locks to make the roster. Sixth-round WR Matt Hazel has a great shot as well. That leaves Rishard Matthews, Armon Binns and Brandon Gibson to fight for one roster spot. Binns is recovering from an ACL and MCL tear suffered last July, but the Dolphins are reportedly very intrigued by his potential. Gibson is coming back from a torn patellar tendon and Matthews is reportedly not a favorite of coach Joe Philbin. The smart money is one or both of Matthews and Gibson being cut.

Maybe I'm the one who can't count but if there are 6 WR spots open and Hartline, Wallace, and Landry are taking three of them...then Hazel has a great shot, that takes up 4 of them. Wouldn't that leave Mathews, Binns, and Gibson fighting out for 2 roster spots not one? 6-4=2. It's situations like this where I'm thankful for my 2nd grade counting ability.

• Like 1

ESPN Dolphins' Reporter James Walker only expects Miami to keep six of the 11 wide receivers currently on the roster.

Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline and the newly-drafted Jarvis Landry are locks to make the roster. Sixth-round WR Matt Hazel has a great shot as well. That leaves Rishard Matthews, Armon Binns and Brandon Gibson to fight for one roster spot. Binns is recovering from an ACL and MCL tear suffered last July, but the Dolphins are reportedly very intrigued by his potential. Gibson is coming back from a torn patellar tendon and Matthews is reportedly not a favorite of coach Joe Philbin. The smart money is one or both of Matthews and Gibson being cut.

Maybe I'm the one who can't count but if there are 6 WR spots open and Hartline, Wallace, and Landry are taking three of them...then Hazel has a great shot, that takes up 4 of them. Wouldn't that leave Mathews, Binns, and Gibson fighting out for 2 roster spots not one? 6-4=2. It's situations like this where I'm thankful for my 2nd grade counting ability.

Haha this one is great! Really 1st grade counting can get the job done here I think.

This is such a genius thread, thank you for coming up with this idea!

• Like 1

When asked about free agent Jermichael Finley on Wednesday, coach Mike McCarthy said, "In my mind, he's a Green Bay Packer, hopefully."

"He's going through a tough medical situation that we all recognize is a serious injury," McCarthy continued. "My understanding is he's doing everything and beyond to get himself ready, and we'll continue to watch that." This comes two days after GM Ted Thompson reportedly wouldn't rule out re-signing Finley. The Packers did nothing to improve at tight end this offseason. They simply re-signed Andrew Quarless and drafted Richard Rodgers in the third round. Brandon Bostick currently sits atop the depth chart. Finley still needs the medical green light. A return to the Packers would appear to be in the best interest for both sides

They did nothing... But they drafted a guy in the 3rd round... Therefore they actually did do something Roto.

• Like 2

Johnny Manziel is being sued for sexual harassment in a Florida federal court.

It's an obvious hoax and not a "real" lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by a woman named Samantha Schacher, though we're led to believe she's not actually the one who filed it.

Just as I'm "led to believe" that Rotoworld's blurb writer is allergic to the Googles and/or linking source material.

"Samantha Schacher says Johnny Manziel lawsuit is 'a 100% hoax'"

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/05/samantha_schacher_says_johnny.html#incart_2box

It's an obvious hoax and not a "real" lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by a woman named Samantha Schacher, though we're led to believe she's not actually the one who filed it.

Just as I'm "led to believe" that Rotoworld's blurb writer is allergic to the Googles and/or linking source material.

http://www.cleveland...tml#incart_2box

Rotoworld posted the story at 11:28 AM, the followup you are linking wasn't up until 1:29 PM.

Rotoworld posted the story at 11:28 AM, the followup you are linking wasn't up until 1:29 PM.

Schacher denied she filed the claim via Twitter at 9:35 AM. TMZ simultaneously ran her denial. Two hours earlier, Ian Rapoport tweeted that the suit was bogus per a clerk in the court office.

The incredibly arduous task of googling could have solved all of this.

Schacher denied she filed the claim via Twitter at 9:35 AM. TMZ simultaneously ran her denial. Two hours earlier, Ian Rapoport tweeted that the suit was bogus per a clerk in the court office.

The incredibly arduous task of googling could have solved all of this.

Everyone knew it was "bogus" including whoever did the writeup just by reading it. I had no idea who Schacher even was, and I think football fans can be forgiven for not reading TMZ.

NBC Sports announced it will present an all-access look into the intense preparation, 200+ MPH competition and extreme logistics surrounding Kurt Busch’s upcoming attempt to win IndyCar’s famed Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR’s Coca-Cola 600 on the same day.

The 30-minute special, featuring in-depth interviews, on-track footage, team communications and a seat right next to Busch throughout his races against drivers from two elite series, pulsating travel conditions and the limits of his own endurance, will debut on Sunday, June 8, at 4:30 p.m. ET on NBC. A 60-minute "director’s cut" of KURT BUSCH: 36 will air the following day, Monday, June 9, at 11 p.m. ET on NBCSN.-NBC Sports Group

Maybe this day was eventually coming but now Rotoworld is posting ads in the headlines. Blurbertisments?

Everyone knew it was "bogus" including whoever did the writeup just by reading it. I had no idea who Schacher even was, and I think football fans can be forgiven for not reading TMZ.

It's lazy reporting, cribbing from other sources without crediting them and offering zero context. I hope you can see that. With 30 seconds of internet sleuthing the blurb could have easily read . . .

Samantha Schacher, the CNN correspondent whose name appears on the suit, has denied any involvement. And Ian Rapoport is reporting, via a source in the Country Clerk's office, that the suit was filed by a "frequent filer" using a bogus alias. This is a publicity stunt that should be dismissed shortly.

• Like 1

Really, Carlson has shown Gronk like flashes?

Norv Turner's Browns used "12" personnel on 36.9 percent of their offensive plays last season, second-most in the NFL.

The two tight end formation helped Jordan Cameron to his predictable breakout season. Now Turner is running the offense for Minnesota, meaning Kyle Rudolph projects as a major beneficiary. The contract-year tight end will be on the field for every snap, and will be freed up to run more routes while guys like Rhett Ellison, Chase Ford and Allen Reisner compete for blocking snaps. Carlson has flashed some Gronk-like red-zone chops already in his career, compiling 15 touchdowns in 39 games. Jun 16 - 12:08 PM

Edited by munde53
  • Like 2

So Rudy who is not gronk like is now Carlson.

I remember sometimes in 3rd grade my teacher would write Proofread on the top of my paper In red pen.

Can root world hire Mrs Addison? she is pretty old by now I assume but she would at least remind you to proofread

• Like 1

So I'm definitely on record in this thread as trashing Roto for several of their stupid analysis / write ups (the blue part of the Roto Blurbs), but this one was just fantastic.

I don't take back everything I said, but I take back most. I laughed quite hard, pat yourself on the back Roto writers.

Tavon Austin acknowledged he struggled to learn the Rams' playbook as a rookie.

It's worth noting Austin scored a 7 on his 2013 Wonderlic test. "I didn't really know what was going on," he said. "Everything looked like Spanish and sounded like Spanish to me."

AKA, It's worth noting Tavon Austin is a very stupid human being so of course he struggled to learn the playbook.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1

Packers RB coach Sam Gash said he's not worried about preserving Eddie Lacy's health.

Gash has a 230-pound beast and is ready to use him. "This is the NFL, you're not going to play this game until you're 45 or 50," he said. "A lot of people, especially the media, try to make it out, 'He's got to last.' He'll last as long as he's meant to last." Lacy averaged 21.2 touches per game as a rookie, a number that could very well rise as he stays on the field for more third downs. Gash said he's seen no deficiencies at all in Lacy's pass protection

Don't know if this is a rotoworld or Sam Gash mistake, but either way Lacy is going to be a number 1 pick in 2035

After reading the new NCF North OC article, I have learned the Vikings have drafted an interesting QB prospect by the name of Terry Bridgewater. I wonder if he's Teddy's cousin.

After reading the new NCF North OC article, I have learned the Vikings have drafted an interesting QB prospect by the name of Terry Bridgewater. I wonder if he's Teddy's cousin.

Shh. Hes my super super super deep sleeper. People don't know that hes already been inducted into the hall of fame. While all the suckers go for teddy im just gonna wait on terry and your gonna blow it for me.

New article on NFC north calls both jordy

And alshon better than Marshall

And Corradelle maybe 4th!!!!!!!!!! In targets on the vikes.

That is stupid enough to deserve getting fired.

I must have read that different than you, I didn't get those meanings out of it at all.

(except Patterson's targets, 3rd is reasonable)

Edited by TheToeStompers

I must have read that different than you, I didn't get those meanings out of it at all.

(except Patterson's targets, 3rd is reasonable)

Are we reading the same article?

Guys says he would rather have jordy or Alshon....what other meaning is there to get?