GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

That he'd rather wait and draft his first WR in round 2 maybe

The man calls him overrated (as evident in the name Marshall being in the overrated group)

and then in his all NFC north team Marshall is not even a top 3 choice. It has nothing to do with ADP

Edited by Gains

Andre Johnson is "showing no signs of rust" after missing a chunk of Texans camp with a hamstring injury.

Johnson reportedly showed up "all over the field" during Wednesday's Texans-Broncos joint practice and made one "incredible" catch in the back of the end zone. "He's a big part of what we're doing here," coach Bill O'Brien said. The No. 12 overall fantasy receiver a year ago, Johnson's ADP has dropped into the late fourth round. His QBs were Matt Schaub and Case Keenum in 2013

I don't understand the point of that last sentence... I'm assuming they were trying to point out that Andre finished as the #12 WR with garbage QBs in Matt Schaub and Case Keenum. This would then bump up his hype because he did so well with such bad players BUT they fail to mention that he has Ryan Fitzpatrick. Is Fitzpatrick a massive upgrade over Schaub and Keenum?

Andre Johnson is "showing no signs of rust" after missing a chunk of Texans camp with a hamstring injury.

Johnson reportedly showed up "all over the field" during Wednesday's Texans-Broncos joint practice and made one "incredible" catch in the back of the end zone. "He's a big part of what we're doing here," coach Bill O'Brien said. The No. 12 overall fantasy receiver a year ago, Johnson's ADP has dropped into the late fourth round. His QBs were Matt Schaub and Case Keenum in 2013

I don't understand the point of that last sentence... I'm assuming they were trying to point out that Andre finished as the #12 WR with garbage QBs in Matt Schaub and Case Keenum. This would then bump up his hype because he did so well with such bad players BUT they fail to mention that he has Ryan Fitzpatrick. Is Fitzpatrick a massive upgrade over Schaub and Keenum?

not implying an upgrade....simply pointing out that a bad QB shouldn't cause him to drop to the late 4th round like it is doing

Is Fitzpatrick a massive upgrade over Schaub and Keenum?

During Fitzpatrick's time in Buffalo, Stevie Johnson put up the most boring weekly lines on the way to the following yearly stats.

2010: 82/1073/10

2011: 76/1004/7

2012: 79/1046/6

Definitely not flashy, but serviceable as a flex or bye-week fill-in. Stevie Johnson isn't nearly the talent that Andre is and the QB situation isn't something that's bringing my assessment of him down.

Fitzpatrick may not be a great NFL quarterback, but he's not awful. His #1 receiver usually eats.

Bears released QB Jordan Palmer.

Jimmy Clausen has officially won Chicago's backup quarterback job, which unofficially puts him on the fantasy radar under QB Whisperer Marc Trestman. If the Bears keep three quarterbacks this season, they'll be Jay Cutler, Clausen, and rookie David Fales. They could also keep two. Palmer figures to stay on Trestman's speed dial, however. The two are tight and he knows the system.

This falls into the argument category. Since when is Clausen fantasy relevant? A horrible QB that is a backup? That just sounds ridiculous. What kind of league is he relevant in?

Jimmy Clausen has officially won Chicago's backup quarterback job, which unofficially puts him on the fantasy radar under QB Whisperer Marc Trestman. If the Bears keep three quarterbacks this season, they'll be Jay Cutler, Clausen, and rookie David Fales. They could also keep two. Palmer figures to stay on Trestman's speed dial, however. The two are tight and he knows the system.

This falls into the argument category. Since when is Clausen fantasy relevant? A horrible QB that is a backup? That just sounds ridiculous. What kind of league is he relevant in?

Tressman was able to revive McCown's career. He posted a 13-1 td to int ratio in 8 games. Up until last year the guy was a nobody. Cutler has become injury prone and the bears have a great offense. If Clausen were forced into action logic says he would be fantasy relevant.

Tressman was able to revive McCown's career. He posted a 13-1 td to int ratio in 8 games. Up until last year the guy was a nobody. Cutler has become injury prone and the bears have a great offense. If Clausen were forced into action logic says he would be fantasy relevant.

I agree, I'm just saying he isn't relevant right now. Its not like last year when McCown signed people started to monitor him or consider drafting. A Cutler injury puts him on the radar, not the release of Jordan Palmer.

I noticed in the past couple years that every blurb about the Jets has some sort of backhanded diss on the franchise while every Dolphin related item features glowing praise and bold proclamations about future greatness. Sort of irks me as a Jet fan.

Granted,the Jets haven't been too good for fantasy but neither have the Fins. I just find their commentary on the two teams to be totally irrational. They are mediocre teams with low ranked fantasy options, cant see how they get so much difference in analysis.

i actually slightly prefer jets players in fantasy to dolphins, but they're both turd teams and i own players from neither squad

dolphins players are down there will the bills, raiders, and jags for me. turrible

Edited by lolcopter

I noticed in the past couple years that every blurb about the Jets has some sort of backhanded diss on the franchise while every Dolphin related item features glowing praise and bold proclamations about future greatness. Sort of irks me as a Jet fan.

Granted,the Jets haven't been too good for fantasy but neither have the Fins. I just find their commentary on the two teams to be totally irrational. They are mediocre teams with low ranked fantasy options, cant see how they get so much difference in analysis.

The dolphins have underachieved on offense, but they've gone out and signed big names (or at least medium names...) to try to help their offense.

The Jets offense has been a fantasy joke for the past 2-3 years. I won't even get into the other stuff (The coach is a foot fetishist, their starting TE got suspended last season for fapping in a target parking lot, their RB acquisition got arrested last year on a weapons charge, etc, etc)

From the Wes Welker News:

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Welker's positive test was the result of amphetamines. That's different than the typical PED excuse, "Adderall."

Adderall actually is an amphetamine.

• Like 2

From the Wes Welker News:

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Welker's positive test was the result of amphetamines. That's different than the typical PED excuse, "Adderall."

Adderall actually is an amphetamine.

haha I actually thought this was stupid but since I'm not a pharmacist or Josh Gordon I'm not totally up to date on my drugs and didn't want to say something I was completely sure about......a lesson that Roto Blurb writers should learn.

Profootballtalk reports suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon is still considering a lawsuit.

Per PFT, the decision will come "in the next day or two." Any lawsuit would reportedly include a request to "block the suspension pending the outcome of the case." A source previously told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that Gordon would have "no shot" at having his ban overturned in court. He's still extremely unlikely to take the field in 2014. He's a wasted roster spot in re-draft leagues.Sep 1 - 2:31 PM

Appearing on NBC's NFL Kickoff 2014, Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reported Josh Gordon and Wes Welker's suspensions could be reduced or "go away completely" if the NFL and NFLPA agree on a new drug policy.

According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, Sunday is a "soft deadline" for an agreement. The Washington Post has since confirmed PFT's report. The sides have been trying to hammer out a pact that would allow testing for HGH. As a concession, the league would then raise the threshold for positive marijuana tests, and move amphetamines from the PED policy to substance-abuse policy. First-team substance abuse violations do not mandate a suspension. The situation is still very much up in the air, but it appears Gordon is worth stashing.Sep 4 - 7:51 PM

Wow, thanks for the great advice. The Josh Gordon thread here could have said this much earlier...RW sometimes is just clueless.

• Like 1

RW's blurbs are the worst, they are so biased to the writer's viewpoint on a player...They need to try and stay more impartial when writing their blurbs.

If a guy that they hate blows up in a game, they immediately dismiss it...But one of their sleeper darlings has a bad game, and they insist on saying to stick with them, etc...

Grain of salt, I don't read too much into anything they write any more.

RW's blurbs are the worst, they are so biased to the writer's viewpoint on a player...They need to try and stay more impartial when writing their blurbs.

The black is the information, the blue is the opinion/entertainment. Complaining about the blue is like complaining about the ideology of a newspapers editorial department.

You don't have to agree with someone's opinion to enjoy their writing. In fact it's enjoyable to see how they will defend their opinions on players even when it's not matching up with reality.

Plus, you can get player news anywhere. If you just want to know who is injured/hurt hit up twitter. If you want opinions and news along with forums that include a crazy Josh Gordon thread, you have to come to rotoworld.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

ESPN's Elizabeth Merrill reports Josh Gordon (suspended) has no plans to sue the NFL.

"The whole being in limbo thing, I'm over it," Gordon said. "I'm not waiting on the edge of my seat anymore." If Gordon had sued the NFL to overturn his year-long suspension, he could have been awarded a preliminary injunction that would have allowed him to play while the case was being litigated. Gordon could still see his suspension reduced or wiped away completely if the NFLPA and NFL are able to agree on a new drug policy. Gordon remains a stash-and-pray fantasy option.

"Browns receiver Josh Gordon has decided not to file suit challenging his one-year suspension from the NFL. Unless he hasn’t.

Comments from Gordon to ESPN.com are being construed by ESPN.com as Gordon closing the door on litigation. Per a league source, Gordon has not abandoned plans to sue."

http://profootballta...out-litigation/

Edited by umgoblue2008

Robert Woods played on 52-of-57 snaps in Sunday's win over the Bears.

Watkins clearly ran ahead of No. 3 WR Mike Williams (30 snaps), out-targeting him 6-3. The quick-footed second-year receiver doesn't have a ton of upside as the No. 2 target for E.J. Manuel in a run-heavy scheme, but he's on the WR4/5 radar now.

Watkins sighting in a Woods post.

Donte Moncrief caught his lone target for 16 yards in the Colts' Week 2 loss to the Eagles.

It was Moncrief's first NFL catch. He's the clear No. 4 receiver in Indy, but won't play a large role unless OC Pep Hamilton reluctantly opens up the offense or gets fired. Sep 16 - 12:39 AM

Wrong. Caught a pass last week. Nice try though.

• Like 1

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4649/darren-mcfadden

Darren McFadden is expected to receive a heavy workload even if Maurice Jones-Drew (hand surgery) is active for Week 3.

Darren McFadden is expected to receive a heavy workload even if Maurice Jones-Drew (hand surgery) is active for Week 3.

McFadden was an every-down back last week, and will remain Oakland's starter. He's going to get the majority of carries over Jones-Drew and Latavius Murray, but isn't more than a low-end RB3/FLEX against the Jets' run defense. McFadden had just 37 yards on 12 carries in Week 2.
The Raiders are playing the Pats this weekend, not the Jets. The pats run defense isn't that great. (gashed in week 1 vs dolphins, did well against Vikings with no AP.)
  • Like 1

Kyle Rudolph was forced from Minnesota's Week 3 game against the Packers with a groin injury, and is questionable to return.

Rudolph was dejected on the sideline, and appears done for the day. Rudolph looked sluggish before going down, catching 3-of-5 targets for 27 yards. The Vikes are now left with Rhett Ellison and MarQueis Gray at tight end. It's possible Rudolph's injury is related to the "abdomen" issue that limited him in practice this week.
The Vikings were playing the Packers?? Someone forgot to tell Green Bay because they were in Detroit.
monkey_computer1.jpg
Edited by GottaGetTheWin
  • Like 1

These are two blurbs...One from Friday and one from Saturday.

Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) was limited in Friday's practice.

Jeffery should be fine for Monday night against the Jets. With Darrin Walls and Antonio Allen manning the corner spots for the Jets, Jeffery and Brandon Marshall should both go off against Gang Green. Fire them up as WR1 plays. Sep 19 - 2:15 PM

Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) is officially listed as questionable for Week 3.

Jeffery practiced on a limited basis throughout the week. He's expected to play despite being listed as questionable, but will likely be at less than 100 percent health. Jeffery is Rotoworld's No. 9 receiver against the Jets. Sep 20 - 2:20 PM

This is from today...

ESPN Chicago's Jeff Dickerson stated on NFL Insiders that Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) and Brandon Marshall (ankle) are "going to play" Monday night against the Jets.

Both are listed as questionable, but will be in the lineup, per Dickerson. Jeffery practiced on a limited basis all last week, while Marshall is coming off of a three-touchdown performance against the 49ers. Marshall is a locked-in WR1 against the Jets' Dee Milliner-less secondary. Jeffery is a high-end WR2. Sep 22 - 3:29 PM

So in a span of three days he went from a sure fire WR1 to a top 10 WR to a high end WR2?? What has changed from Friday to today?? He hasn't had a setback..the Jets didn't trade for Revis..I am currently 10 minutes away from the Meadowlands so I can assure everyone the weather is fine..so please Rotoworld tell me how this roller coaster ride came about? Comical.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
  • Like 2

UPDATE: Jeffery is back to an elite WR1. Only took about 3 hours for this to happen.

Brandon Marshall (ankle) and Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) are both active for Monday night's Week 3 game against the Jets.

Neither player's status was in serious doubt. Marshall is coming off a three-touchdown game on his balky ankle, but Jeffery is said to still be at less than 100 percent. Both are still elite WR1 plays against a weak Jets secondary. Inactive for the Bears are C Roberto Garza, OT Charles Leno, OLB Shea McClellin, CB Sherrick McManis, DT Jeremiah Ratliff, DE Trevor Scott, and LG Matt Slauson.Sep 22 - 7:17 PM
Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) is active for Monday night's game against the Jets.
As expected. Jeffery isn't at 100 percent and was limited in practice, but he's feeling better than last week when he played on the bum hammy. He's a nice WR1 play against a Jets secondary that is missing CB Dee Milliner again.
Sep 22 - 7:20 PM
Edited by GottaGetTheWin