GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

These guys are some of the worst in the business. I'll give them credit for the fact that they do put out a lot of content, but their little 'blurbs' are poorly written, have terrible humor, and are wrong a lot of the time. Their rankings/advice/etc is some of the worst out there. The fact that they are pompous enough to ask for a 'subscription fee' to access their season pass is ridiculous. The part that pisses me off the most is how they mock people with their tweets when they have a huge miss on a player. There are plenty of other sites out there that people could go to and give page views and ad views. When they have a big time whiff and potentially cost someone their week, all they need to do is say 'my bad' and move on. Instead they laugh and make mocking jokes about it and aren't apologetic at all. Silva might be the worst one. Go back, if you can and check out his preseason ranking with their little blurbs by them. Every site is gonna have their misses especially in preseason ranks, but he was so off on so many players it makes you wonder if he actually does any research at all.

The only good thing rotoworld offers is these forums. It gives me an opportunity to blow steam and troll on people.

So, so much this.

• Like 1

Besides the weekly match-up columns and this forum, rotoworld is useless.

I'd have to say that they usually break news pretty fast. I find out things here earlier than most other sites, but the commentary and opinions are useless. I barely do anything on the site anymore except read the quick information and come to the forums to get yelled at for having an inappropriate profile pic.

Agree with everyone on the reactionary, mean spirited posts

Oh no, not mean spirited! This website is no longer about fantasy football. Instead it's about protecting the ego of players. Now, lets all say something nice about Trent Richardson.

Oh no, not mean spirited! This website is no longer about fantasy football. Instead it's about protecting the ego of players. Now, lets all say something nice about Trent Richardson.

Swing and a miss.

It's not about being nice..It's about not making themselves look like a biased 15 year-old internet troll when they are (presumably) trying to pass themselves off as professionals

Edited by Hero202
  • Like 2

I stopped 'following' on Twitter Levitan and Silva, and actually WON a week. No coincidence.

Joseph Randle rushed for 23 yards on three carries in the Cowboys' Week 8 loss to the Redskins.

Randle wasn't used in the pass game and we're not sure he saw the field after losing a fumble inside his own 20-yard line in the first half. Luckily for Randle, Colt McCoy gave the ball right back with a bad interception. Randle remains the primary handcuff for DeMarco Murray owners. Oct 28 - 12:17 AM

Were you watching the game because I saw him get more than a few carries in the second half?

Darren Sproles (knee) is practicing Wednesday.

Sproles was a full participant, putting him on track to return this week. He figures to play limited snaps coming off an MCL sprain. Sproles isn't a recommended fantasy option for Week 9. Oct 29 -

Darren Sproles (knee) remained "full" in Thursday's practice.

Barring a setback, Sproles will be good to go as an RB3 in fantasy leagues. Oct 30 - 2:43 PM

Well..ok Edited by Shabba Rankz

Basically the way I interpret RW posts is, for beginners, the blue text could be useful, though I think ESPN/fft rankings are better.

Those blurbs are also very good for people like me, who are veterans but don't have a twitter. The black print comes out quickly and is accurate and does a pretty good job following beat writers. The blue text is useless.

They would be much better (though less funny) if they waited an extra 10 minutes before publishing the blue part, and got a consensus across all writers.

Black print = extremely useful, probably best content available for fantasy in regards to getting real sources and pushing news extremely quick.

Blue print = sometimes great, usually not very good. You should use it to hear someone's opinion, but it should never be relied on.

Forums = almost always great.

• Like 2

Kenny Britt (hip) was upgraded to "full" on Thursday.

The Rams' nominal No. 1 receiver will be good to go as a WR5 against the Seahawks' Legion of Boom on Sunday.

Interesting... because they play the 49ers.

The Rams' nominal No. 1 receiver will be good to go as a WR5 against the Seahawks' Legion of Boom on Sunday.

I've always wondered if some of our fellow forum posters are the ones doing these blurbs. Corrections seem to come right after a mistake is discussed and reports of particular players seem to pop up generally right after a discussion is had on a particular player.

Edited by nonstopfan

I think the main problem today is many readers don't understand fact vs opinion, even when it's color coded for them.

I've always wondered if some of our fellow forum posters are the ones doing these blurbs. Corrections seem to come right after a mistake is discussed and reports of particular players seem to pop up generally right after a discussion is had on a particular player.

I would assume the writers read the forums.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins managed one catch for three yards in the Bucs' Week 9 loss to the Browns.

He was targeted only three times. The Bucs need to get more from their underneath and over-the-middle pass catchers with Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans commanding so much attention on the perimeter. So far, ASJ has yet to step up to the plate. He'll be a weak TE1 streamer when Tampa faces Atlanta next.

How can this guy even be remotely considered as a WR1? He isn't even a low end WR2 at this point.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Adrian Peterson would not be immediately reinstated were he to reach a plea deal to reduce his felony child-abuse charges to misdemeanors.

Rapsheet says AD would earn reinstatement "maybe in time," but "not immediately." It's unclear why that would be the case, but the NFL has been handling all of 2014's off-the-field issues by the seat of its pants.

are+you.png

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 2

Montee Ball has cut his weight from 224 pounds at the time of his groin injury to 212.

We absolutely love to hear about weight loss from running backs, a la Le'Veon Bell. Ball was far too slow prior to his injury, especially in a Broncos scheme that needs perimeter speed to make the outside-zone runs effective. "I felt a lot more elusive. I felt a lot more agile. And this is where I should have been at the beginning of the year," Ball said after he returned to practice Wednesday. He went on to acknowledge that Ronnie Hillman will and should remain the starter, but Ball is going to at least have a role similar to the one he had behind Knowshon Moreno down the stretch last year (8.1 carries per game). Questionable for Week 10, he needs to on all rosters. Nov 6 - 9:02 AM

Montee Ball (groin) is out against the Patriots Week 9.

Ball will not play against the Pats, but there is a chance he resumes practicing next week. It may not matter from a fantasy perspective as Ronnie Hillman has solidified himself as the clear-cut lead back in Denver. Ball is no longer a must-hold option in fantasy leagues. Nov 1 - 9:14 AM

This is the kind of crap I CAN NOT STAND!!!! 5 days. It took 5 days for him to go from a "no-longer must-hold option in fantasy leagues" to "he needs to be on all rosters." Complete garbage. I personally had to drop him in the league I owned him due to bye week issues but what if someone dropped him due to this garbage "analysis." I mean jesus people..5 days from droppable to must own?

Andy Dalton was disastrously bad in the Bengals' 24-3, Week 10 loss to the Browns, completing just 10-of-33 passes for 86 yards, zero touchdowns and three interceptions.

Dalton was benched with five minutes left in the game. Jason Campbell came on to play a series with the rest of the Bengals' starters. It may not have been a true benching for the Bengals' fourth-year starter, but it deserved to be. Dalton didn't look like he belonged on an NFL field, sailing passes with absolutely zero touch, and failing time and again to get the ball to playmakers A.J. Green and Mohamed Sanu. Dalton was lucky to escape with only two picks, and committed a comical illegal forward pass penalty. Dalton was a solid 2-3 yards in front of the line of scrimmage before throwing out of bounds. At one point in the fourth quarter, Joe Haden jumped a route, but couldn't pick the pass off because it was too inaccurate. With only eight touchdowns through nine starts, Dalton will try to rebound against the Saints in Week 11.

Some leeway given to quick turnaround with posting all reports on game. Let's see how long it takes for this to be fixed

Austin Seferian-Jenkins managed one catch for three yards in the Bucs' Week 9 loss to the Browns.

He was targeted only three times. The Bucs need to get more from their underneath and over-the-middle pass catchers with Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans commanding so much attention on the perimeter. So far, ASJ has yet to step up to the plate. He'll be a weak TE1 streamer when Tampa faces Atlanta next.
How can this guy even be remotely considered as a WR1? He isn't even a low end WR2 at this point.

Did you see what you did there?

• Like 1

Did you see what you did there?

HAHA fair.

Montee Ball has cut his weight from 224 pounds at the time of his groin injury to 212.
We absolutely love to hear about weight loss from running backs, a la Le'Veon Bell. Ball was far too slow prior to his injury, especially in a Broncos scheme that needs perimeter speed to make the outside-zone runs effective. "I felt a lot more elusive. I felt a lot more agile. And this is where I should have been at the beginning of the year," Ball said after he returned to practice Wednesday. He went on to acknowledge that Ronnie Hillman will and should remain the starter, but Ball is going to at least have a role similar to the one he had behind Knowshon Moreno down the stretch last year (8.1 carries per game). Questionable for Week 10, he needs to on all rosters. Nov 6 - 9:02 AM
Montee Ball (groin) is out against the Patriots Week 9.
Ball will not play against the Pats, but there is a chance he resumes practicing next week. It may not matter from a fantasy perspective as Ronnie Hillman has solidified himself as the clear-cut lead back in Denver. Ball is no longer a must-hold option in fantasy leagues. Nov 1 - 9:14 AM
This is the kind of crap I CAN NOT STAND!!!! 5 days. It took 5 days for him to go from a "no-longer must-hold option in fantasy leagues" to "he needs to be on all rosters." Complete garbage. I personally had to drop him in the league I owned him due to bye week issues but what if someone dropped him due to this garbage "analysis." I mean jesus people..5 days from droppable to must own?

Montee Ball (groin) is listed as questionable for Week 10 after another limited practice on Friday.

Ball seems to be trending in the right direction, but we wouldn't be entirely shocked if he were given one more week to get his groin right. Ball himself expects to play a complementary role in Denver's run game down the stretch, with Ronnie Hillman keeping the featured job. Ball is worth stashing as an RB4 in 12- and 14-team leagues, albeit with limited statistical expectations.
Now ball is barely worth rostering 12/14 team leagues.
Nov 7 - 4:31 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/49916/446/week-10s-interesting-stats

"4.1: Touchdowns per target for Julius Thomas

Considering that he’s third among tight ends in fantasy points and just 12 points out of the lead, it’s pretty astounding that Thomas has only 49 targets all year. In comparison, the top two-ranked tight ends—Rob Gronkowski andJimmy Graham—have 71 and 72 targets, respectively. Thomas ranks only 12th among tight ends in looks. The fact that he’s been able to score on nearly one-quarter of his targets and almost one-in-three catches is pretty remarkable."

-----------------

4.1 touchdowns per target?

Wow. According to the above, with "49 targets all year" Thomas is right at 200 TDs on the year.

Edited by Hero202

LOL this one is kind of racist.

Riley Cooper - WR - Eagles

Riley Cooper caught one pass for six yards in the Eagles' Week 10 win over the Panthers.

Cooper has gotten to the point where he's almost not even worth a Rotoworld blurb, otherwise known as Brian Hartline level. He's barely on the WR5 radar.

Nov 11 - 12:35 AM