GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Matt Prater did not miss 7/10 FGs. If he was only making 30% of his kicks, he would definitely not have the coach's support. He has made 7/10

Coach Jim Caldwell continues to support K Matt Prater.

Prater had a 42-yarder blocked against the Dolphins in Week 10 and has now missed 7-of-10 field goals as a Lion. He's also had to knock in a short one off an upright. Still, Caldwell is sticking with the ex-Bronco heading into Sunday's game at Arizona. Considering his current form, we'd probably hold off on streaming Prater until he gets back home against the Bears in Week 13.
  • Like 1

Apparently Ryan Tannehill has dual eligibility in some leagues:

Ryan Tannehill (ankle, shoulder) remained limited in Tuesday's practice.

Tannehill is in no danger of missing Thursday's game against the Bills. The Dolphins are just limiting his live reps on a short week. On only three days rest against a tough opponent, Tannehill will be a lower-end TE2 for Week 11.
  • Like 2

What an embarassment. I'd love to write these blurbs in real-time. I'd do a much better job and actually know what information I am publishing.

Matt Prater did not miss 7/10 FGs. If he was only making 30% of his kicks, he would definitely not have the coach's support. He has made 7/10

Coach Jim Caldwell continues to support K Matt Prater.

Prater had a 42-yarder blocked against the Dolphins in Week 10 and has now missed 7-of-10 field goals as a Lion. He's also had to knock in a short one off an upright. Still, Caldwell is sticking with the ex-Bronco heading into Sunday's game at Arizona. Considering his current form, we'd probably hold off on streaming Prater until he gets back home against the Bears in Week 13.

I remember reading this and thinking, that can't be true, but didn't care enough to fact check.

• Like 1

Hail to the Chiefskins, hail victory!

Doug Martin (ankle) is officially inactive for Week 11.

Martin was able to practice on a limited basis and will have a chance at returning next week. Bobby Rainey and Charles Sims should split carries against the Chiefs. The rest of the Bucs inactives are WR Robert Herron, CB Alterraun Verner, DE Da'Quan Bowers, OT Kevin Pamphile, TE Luke Stocker, and CB C.J. Wilson.

Odell Beckham (back) is "sore," but could practice in full this week.

Speaking Monday, coach Tom Coughlin intimated that Beckham could miss a few reps this week, but his status for Sunday's game against the Jaguars is not in doubt. Beckham has proven to be a high-end WR2 with WR1 upside since joining the Giants' starting lineup four games ago

If he isn't a top WR1 then who is? Averaging over 14 ppg in standard puts him top 7, right in the Sanders, Maclin, Cobb category. Rotoworld holds onto their predictions at the beginning of the season far too long

• Like 2

Bears FS Chris Conte was forced from Chicago's Week 13 game against the Lions with an eye injury, and will not return.

Conte was originally believed to have a concussion, which would have been his third of the season. Conte has 10 days to get healthy for Week 14.

Bears are TNF vs. Dallas next week.

Not really a mistake per se, but the Rotoworld blurbs about Tannehill before and after the Jets game were pretty funny. Pre-game take was "he will be a legitimate QB 1 against the Jets' ridiculously bad pass defense." Post-game? "Tannehill, a popular streaming option in week 13, PREDICTABLY busted." LMAO

Ryan Tannehill (non-throwing shoulder) is practicing in full for Week 13.
Playing the best football of his career — and coming off his first four-touchdown effort — Tannehill will be a legitimate QB1 against the Jets' ridiculously bad pass defense. Nov 27 - 2:27 PM
Ryan Tannehill completed 25-of-35 passes for 235 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception in the Dolphins' 16-13, Week 13 win over the Jets on Monday night.
The tape of this game should be burned. Neither defense did anything special, while the offenses could barely function. Tannehill, a popular streaming option in Week 13, predictably busted. He should have had a couple of touchdown passes, but Mike Wallace didn't put in the effort on a would-be 26-yard score. Tannehill later missed a receiver in the end zone. His interception was hilariously awful and a stroke of bad luck. Tannehill threw a swing pass at Lamar Miller's feet. Miller reached down to catch it, but popped it up in the air for an easy pick. Tannehill will be a back-end QB1 against the Ravens in Week 14. The 7-5 Dolphins currently hold the No. 6 seed in the AFC. Dec 1 - 11:25 PM
Edited by jnormy
  • Like 1

What an embarassment. I'd love to write these blurbs in real-time. I'd do a much better job and actually know what information I am publishing.

Me too, how do I become the Rotoworld weekend writer?

Not really a mistake per se, but the Rotoworld blurbs about Tannehill before and after the Jets game were pretty funny. Pre-game take was "he will be a legitimate QB 1 against the Jets' ridiculously bad pass defense." Post-game? "Tannehill, a popular streaming option in week 13, PREDICTABLY busted." LMAO

Ryan Tannehill (non-throwing shoulder) is practicing in full for Week 13.
Playing the best football of his career — and coming off his first four-touchdown effort — Tannehill will be a legitimate QB1 against the Jets' ridiculously bad pass defense. Nov 27 - 2:27 PM
Ryan Tannehill completed 25-of-35 passes for 235 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception in the Dolphins' 16-13, Week 13 win over the Jets on Monday night.
The tape of this game should be burned. Neither defense did anything special, while the offenses could barely function. Tannehill, a popular streaming option in Week 13, predictably busted. He should have had a couple of touchdown passes, but Mike Wallace didn't put in the effort on a would-be 26-yard score. Tannehill later missed a receiver in the end zone. His interception was hilariously awful and a stroke of bad luck. Tannehill threw a swing pass at Lamar Miller's feet. Miller reached down to catch it, but popped it up in the air for an easy pick. Tannehill will be a back-end QB1 against the Ravens in Week 14. The 7-5 Dolphins currently hold the No. 6 seed in the AFC. Dec 1 - 11:25 PM

It's the nighttime writer trolling the daytime writer. Also I'd say the nighttime guy was wrong, it wasn't predictable that Tannehill would bust, the Jets have been giving up points to average QB's all season long...They've given up the third most points to QB's per Yahoo.

• Like 1

Anyone else see the headline on Rotoworld entitled:

"Skins curb-stomped by Rams."

Stay classy Rotoworld.

• Like 3

Thought these were some of the funnier lines that I've seen recently

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is "hearing plenty of criticism" about Josh Gordon, including that he's out of shape.

Gordon, who led the NFL in receiving last season, had his snaps reduced Sunday in favor of Taylor Gabriel and Travis Benjamin. Apparently the Browns aren't happy with his conditioning, route-running and/or grasp of the playbook. Of course, none of this came out over the last two weeks, so it looks like they're trying to save face after making the mistake of sticking with Brian Hoyer over Johnny Manziel. The Browns would have to be insane not to use Gordon as a full-time, featured player in a must-win game against Cincy in Week 15. The concern is that they are that insane.
  • Like 2

Julius Thomas (ankle) ready to rock Sunday

Julius Thomas (ankle) is active for Sunday's game against the Bills.

A true game-time call, Thomas tested out his balky ankle in the pre-game warmup and will suit up. Given that the Broncos shouldn't necessarily need him to beat the Bills at home, we'd expect his normal role. That means Julius must be in all fantasy lineups as arguably Peyton Manning's favorite red-zone target.

Huh????

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

A true game-time call, Thomas tested out his balky ankle in the pre-game warmup and will suit up. Given that the Broncos shouldn't necessarily need him to beat the Bills at home, we'd expect his normal role. That means Julius must be in all fantasy lineups as arguably Peyton Manning's favorite red-zone target.

Huh????

LOLOLOLOLOLOL What??!?!!!

Stay classy Rotoworld.

I don't know if this was implied by your post, but are they really using "curb-stomped" in a post from a St. Louis team right now?

Stay classy Rotoworld.

The original "Redskins Genocided by Rams" was nixed by the editor.

• Like 3

Stay classy Rotoworld.

As was "St. Louis shoots down Redskins"

• Like 2

Stay classy Rotoworld.

As was "St. Louis shoots down Redskins"
There is so much win in these two posts.
  • Like 1

Huh????

I said the same thing when I read it. Whoever wrote that needs to be canned

Julius Thomas (ankle) ready to rock Sunday Julius Thomas (ankle) is active for Sunday's game against the Bills. A true game-time call, Thomas tested out his balky ankle in the pre-game warmup and will suit up. Given that the Broncos shouldn't necessarily need him to beat the Bills at home, we'd expect his normal role. That means Julius must be in all fantasy lineups as arguably Peyton Manning's favorite red-zone target.

Huh????

This freaking blurb most likely will cost me a playoff win. I had Kelce in, checked JTs status 2 minutes before kickoff and made the switch. Ridiculous.

Julius Thomas (ankle) ready to rock Sunday Julius Thomas (ankle) is active for Sunday's game against the Bills. A true game-time call, Thomas tested out his balky ankle in the pre-game warmup and will suit up. Given that the Broncos shouldn't necessarily need him to beat the Bills at home, we'd expect his normal role. That means Julius must be in all fantasy lineups as arguably Peyton Manning's favorite red-zone target.

Huh????

This freaking blurb most likely will cost me a playoff win. I had Kelce in, checked JTs status 2 minutes before kickoff and made the switch. Ridiculous.

Me too, Boiler. Lost by four points with Kelce riding the bench.

Huh????

Me too, Boiler. Lost by four points with Kelce riding the bench.

You manage your roster, not Rotoworld. Have some accountability.

• Like 2