GottaGetTheWin

Rotoworld Blurb Mistake/Argument Thread

Some of the opinions expressed in the blurbs are idiotic, but in terms of typos and simple mistakes it's annoying but probably inevitable when you consider the amount of content they pump out. It seems like the site is constantly posting player updates all day long, even for obscure guys nobody gives a crap about

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that Curtis Granderson's deal with the Yankees does not include a no-trade clause.

Granderson and the Mets reportedly agreed to a four-year, $60 million deal on Friday. He'll provide much needed left-handed pop in the middle of the Mets lineup, and perhaps a move away from Yankee Stadium will lead to him utilizing the whole field more, which should provide an uptick in his batting average.

Different sport but still a good one. The little blue letters actually get it right this time but in the top part it's apparent that Granderson resigned with the Yankees.

Some of the opinions expressed in the blurbs are idiotic, but in terms of typos and simple mistakes it's annoying but probably inevitable when you consider the amount of content they pump out. It seems like the site is constantly posting player updates all day long, even for obscure guys nobody gives a crap about

Somebody cares, like the 1% of people that play IDP leagues which is sad, IDPs should be way more used.

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that Curtis Granderson's deal with the Yankees does not include a no-trade clause.

Granderson and the Mets reportedly agreed to a four-year, $60 million deal on Friday. He'll provide much needed left-handed pop in the middle of the Mets lineup, and perhaps a move away from Yankee Stadium will lead to him utilizing the whole field more, which should provide an uptick in his batting average.

Different sport but still a good one. The little blue letters actually get it right this time but in the top part it's apparent that Granderson resigned with the Yankees.

Hilarious! Considered posting this one despite the baseball content so I'm glad you did! Had me thinking for a sec I had missed some key last-minute development with my Yanks! Thanks RW!

Edited by BMcP

Cordarrelle Patterson caught five passes for 141 yards and a touchdown in Minnesota's Week 14 loss to the Ravens, adding a six-yard rush and 111 yards on four kick returns.

Patterson also had an 18-yard end around nullified by penalty. A yards-after-the-catch monster, Patterson made the play of the day with 0:45 remaining, rolling out at the last second to catch a quick screed on 3rd-and-10. Weaving through the first and second levels of the defense, he took it 79 yards from the house, giving the Vikings a short-lived 26-22 lead in a game they'd lose in wild fashion. Patterson is still far from a finished product — he can look stiff catching the ball — but is absolutely lethal in the open field, and has rare acceleration. He's an elite Dynasty-league prospect, and high-reward WR4 for the final two weeks of the fantasy playoffs.

He takes a "screed" , "from the house" .

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS

Ed Dickson caught two passes for eight yards and a touchdown in Baltimore's Week 14 win over the Vikings.

The touchdown was Dickson's first of the season. Despite that fact, Pitta is further than ever from fantasy relevance after Dennis Pitta looked healthy and effective in his 2013 debut

It is true that Pitta's return has really hurt Pitta's fantasy value!

Pierre Thomas had seven carries for 14 yards in the Saints' Week 14 win over the Panthers.

Thomas led the team in carries, but the Saints didn't even attempt to put together any semblance of a running game. It's the second straight week that Thomas has struggled and he was removed in red-zone situations in favor of Mark Ingram and Khiry Robinson. Thomas was targeted four times by Drew Brees, but finished with just 14 receiving yards. He won't be more than a low-end RB3 against a dominant Jets' run defense in Week 15.

Yeah well the Saints play the Rams next week, so theres that...you got it right in all the other Saints blurbs when referring to the correct week 15 matchup against the Rams, but for some reason Thomas is playing the Jets. Maybe by himself?

I know pointing out these little mistakes can seem trivial and nitpicking, but I don't even have a job anywhere related to sports and I can still name most match ups in the coming weeks just because of how familiar I am with football; as I am sure tons of people on this forum could.

Pierre Thomas had seven carries for 14 yards in the Saints' Week 14 win over the Panthers.

Thomas led the team in carries, but the Saints didn't even attempt to put together any semblance of a running game. It's the second straight week that Thomas has struggled and he was removed in red-zone situations in favor of Mark Ingram and Khiry Robinson. Thomas was targeted four times by Drew Brees, but finished with just 14 receiving yards. He won't be more than a low-end RB3 against a dominant Jets' run defense in Week 15.

Yeah well the Saints play the Rams next week, so theres that...you got it right in all the other Saints blurbs when referring to the correct week 15 matchup against the Rams, but for some reason Thomas is playing the Jets. Maybe by himself?

I know pointing out these little mistakes can seem trivial and nitpicking, but I don't even have a job anywhere related to sports and I can still name most match ups in the coming weeks just because of how familiar I am with football; as I am sure tons of people on this forum could.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real question here...Is "declaring" a player an actual thing? I feel like there must be a missing word here.

New Player Note Sun, Dec 8

Seahawks declared WR Percy Harvin, RB Christine Michael, CB Brandon Browner, OT Michael Bowie, OT Caylin Hauptmann, DE Benson Mayowa and DT Jordan Hill.

• Like 1

I noticed the Pierre Thomas mistake when reading blurbs last night. I guess they got confused because they were doing writeups for Carolina and New Orleans players after the game, and Carolina plays the Jets next weekend. Shouldn't make mistakes like that though.

What I find a little more annoying though is the flawed 'insight' I'm often seeing. Greg Olsen's blurb comes to mind.

Greg Olsen caught eight passes for 40 yards in the Panthers' Week 14 loss to the Saints.

With Cam Newton forced to check down all game, Olsen led the Panthers with 12 targets. He was held out of the end-zone for the second straight week, but continues to be heavily involved in the passing game. Olsen will be a mid-range TE2 for the second week of the fantasy playoffs. He'll get a matchup with the Jets in Week 15

So mid-range TE2 would place him somewhere like 16-18 in the rankings. Is that really where they're going to rank him for week 15? I see them do this alot with TEs too. They'll call a guy a TE2 when in reality he probably falls in the top 10 or 12, albeit maybe the back end. But that still makes him a TE1 by definition, even if they don't think he'll do crap. The sad fact is there's a roster spot called TE that the non-Graham owners have to fill with some warm body.

Real question here...Is "declaring" a player an actual thing? I feel like there must be a missing word here.

New Player Note Sun, Dec 8

Seahawks declared WR Percy Harvin, RB Christine Michael, CB Brandon Browner, OT Michael Bowie, OT Caylin Hauptmann, DE Benson Mayowa and DT Jordan Hill.

Inactive. Wow, these dudes are lazy. Proofreading your work has been around since grade school. Step it up, fellas. Amirite?

Why does Rotoworld hate McGloin? he had decent yards and 2;1 Td int ratio while traveling cross country against a good D with his main rb, backup rb, or main WR.

but a guy like romo or palmer does 250 ish and 2;1 ratio and they are doing great and reliable and such.

Rotoworld seems to really obsessed with draft stock instead of results. this is how I explain this and there disturbing man crush on t-rich.

Why does Rotoworld hate McGloin? he had decent yards and 2;1 Td int ratio while traveling cross country against a good D with his main rb, backup rb, or main WR.

but a guy like romo or palmer does 250 ish and 2;1 ratio and they are doing great and reliable and such.

Rotoworld seems to really obsessed with draft stock instead of results. this is how I explain this and there disturbing man crush on t-rich.

I was thinking that, they were talking about how McGloin is an average career backup. Whenever I see the guy, he has looked pretty good. Moore, Jennings, DMC all injured, but the guy plays hard.

I was thinking that, they were talking about how McGloin is an average career backup. Whenever I see the guy, he has looked pretty good. Moore, Jennings, DMC all injured, but the guy plays hard.

Trent Richardson was a RB1 until about mid-season and then after it was painfully obviously he wasn't he slipped to a high end RB2.

• Like 1

Trent Richardson was a RB1 until about mid-season and then after it was painfully obviously he wasn't he slipped to a high end RB2.

I feel like he was a decent flex play even after Brown out-carried him

great thing about trent is now that rotoworld gave up on him 2.5 months to late and no one would ever ever ever start him....................he had his best game as a colt.

what a D bag.

Somebody cares, like the 1% of people that play IDP leagues which is sad, IDPs should be way more used.

Truthfully you rarely see blurbs on defensive players, Lavonte David had like 8.5 tackles, a sack, 2 interceptions for 57 yards this past week and it still wasn't blurb worthy.

Not that it concerns me, as the blurbs you do see are sometimes infuriatingly bad (see: the Poluszny as worst mike linebacker blurb)

Not an error, but hilarious anyway.

Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 13-of-24 passes for 172 yards with one touchdown and one interception in Sunday's Week 14 loss at Denver.

Advice: Fitzpatrick started off hot as the Titans stormed to a 21-10 lead, but predictably fizzled in the freezing temperatures.

Fizzled in freezing temps, more apt to say "stopped cold" or "froze up" in the freezing tempts? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fantasy football analysis went down the drain at this site as soon as Gregg Rosenthal left for NFL.com. He was fantastic, IMHO.

C.J. Spiller rushed for 67 yards on 13 carries in Week 15 against the Jaguars.

Spiller caught just one pass for a one-yard gain. He appeared to injure his ankle again on a run when he was tackled by his shoelaces. Spiller was mere inches away from breaking it off for a long touchdown. He and Fred Jackson split time pretty evenly. Spiller will be a boom-or-bust RB2 next week against the Dolphins. You simply can't leave his game-breaking legs on your bench.

Not only can I leave his game-breaking legs on the bench....I did for Todman and it worked out perfectly. If MJD is out next week I will do it again. I don't get how they are saying this guy is basically a must start.

They just love sneaking in as many eating related references as they can around Eddie Lacy:

Eddie Lacy ate up the Cowboys in the Packers’ stunning Week 15 win, rushing 21 times for 141 yards and a touchdown, adding four catches for an additional 30 yards.

With the Packers trailing 26-3 at halftime, Lacy set the tone for their second half comeback, rushing 60 yards on the first play from scrimmage. The run was Lacy’s longest of the season. He finished the second half with 13 carries for 110 yards. Lacy’s final tote was what proved to be the game-winning touchdown, as he dove over the entire defense for a one-yard score. Looking as hungry as ever down the stretch of his sensational rookie campaign, Lacy will be an RB1 for Week 16 against the Steelers.

• Like 2